watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matthew Briggs Rejoins!

Started by Craven Mad, April 24, 2023, 08:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Sorry if I missed a post on this, but I saw on Twitter that Matthew Briggs has rejoined us today as our Academy Player Care Mentor.

Many will remember him fondly as a player, and may have followed his story since he left.

Great to have him back in an important role. Great to see our lad come home  ::thumb::

hovewhite

Welcome back mathew.back to where your career started.

Twig

gang

A lot of potential sadly not delivered.

Lighthouse

A great appointment. He will have the experience to help the youngsters as he has seen the highs and lows. He will help to manage the expectations as well as guide players through disappointments.

Good luck to him and great to see him back. Although why does he look as young as he did when he made his debut as a kid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KJS

Great move by the club 👍

Finnans Right Peg

Brilliant appointment as he has been through it all

Cambridge Away

Quote from: gang on April 25, 2023, 11:29:35 AMA lot of potential sadly not delivered.
Or you could look at it that he did amazing to make it as a Premier League footballer in the first place. As a 16 year old with so much "potential" i am sure a lot of the choices he had made up to that point were heavily influenced by the desires of his parents. Seems sad to still beat him up about that. And i am sure he has a lot to offer the new generation as far as advice. Classy move by the club

Dodgin

Huxley

He did better in his football career than I did! How many people can say they played in beat league in the world. Hopefully he was smart and bought some property to allow a comfortable new career.

bog

Thamesbank

Dodgin

Somerset Fulham

I am guessing that this didn't go so well?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2023, 01:33:59 PMI am guessing that this didn't go so well?

There's nothing to suggest he's left Fulham.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

That is true I suppose!

Nero

Matty 2 Jobs Briggs

In a sense, Matt's career has now gone full circle as he is employed as Academy Care Mentor at Fulham, the club he joined as a ten year old. "It's a fantastic role for me, given the journey I've had in my career. From a young age up until now I feel like I've gained a lot of knowledge and awareness. I've been through enough stuff that I can teach the youngsters now, to share my story and give them wisdom and make sure they make the right choices on and off the pitch."

filham

Sounds a sensible appointment to me, good luck Matthew.

Lighthouse

Yes still very much a mentor at Fulham and now playing for Horsham. His experience will be invaluable in both jobs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

Ah that is good to read Lighthouse, thanks for updating. 

I didn't know that he was still playing and had assumed that he had taken on an off the field role down in Horsham. I'm glad that he is still playing also is still with us.