News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Leno is best goalie in the Premiership? Villa preview!

Started by Nick Bateman, April 24, 2023, 10:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Tomorrow's game is in my opinion, the battle of the best goalkeepers in the league.

Bernd Leno
has shown what a whopping error Arsenal made is allowing Fulham to steal their former no.1, anyone who witnessed their last game showed how accident prone Ramsey is. Their blunder is Fulham's gain, as Leno has proved time and again what a great shot-stopper and safe pair of hands he is.

Other 'keepers of note, Liverpool Alison and Man.City Ederson may have some claim to this mantle but I believe Emilio Martinez has stood out above them, especially after his World Cup display.

But Leno is equally as good at penalties - he waits for the kick to be taken and therefore always dives the right way. Witness David De Gea's woeful attempts managing to dive the wrong way except on the one that was blazed over - when will they learn?

So apart from other matters I look at the next game as a test of who is the best between the sticks. Leno leads Martinez on stats, conceding 1.3 goals per match to Martinez's 1.5.

Fulham are vibrant in the wake of Mitrovic's censor with a mobile 3 wide players as forwards; Tyrone Mings will be having kittens try to catch someone he can kick!

Some media circles have suggested Unai (Dick) Emery be a candidate for manager of the season. I would counter propose Marco Silva - he is far better than De Zerbi whom the same media are having a love-affair with. We beat Brighton on their own patch remember!

The gloves are off, may the best team win especially if it's Fulham.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Somerset Fulham

Dr Know

toshes mate

As a matter of fact Leno is certainly a very good keeper in this particular age.  Who is best is however entirely an opinion at this level.  He is certainly quality that eclipses Areola IMHO. 

FFC cannot boast a costly defence expenditure as compared to others in the top half of the table especially with our hangover from prior FFP issues. I'd rate Leno as the best keeper FFC have had in a long time especially as his presence is commanding and clear even with defenders who have been heavily criticised by fans on here in the past.

Marco Silva speaks of pride in his latest war cry as FFC continue to counter the rubbish thrown at us by the FA and its cronies and ensure that none of i sticks. We will give Villa a game and both 'keepers will need to be at their best. I am deeply proud of FFC's activities this season and have waited a long time to see that doubtful quality label drop off again as it did during Jokanovic's time outside the PL. Marco and Company have done and are doing a great job, win, lose or draw tonight. Leno will shine.

FFC1987

I'd confidently say he's one of the best in the league currently. The best is a stretch though. But he's certainly part of the conversation. Having a decent wind up with my Arsenal mate atm as Ramsdale is fumbling and not exactly having a great close to the season despite them being where they are and I keep reminding him how good Leno is......All in jest of course but I do think, in all seriousness, Leno is a better GK than Ramsdale....

Lighthouse

On a purely personal level. I don't pretend to know who is the best or make a list. My favourite band is just the most enjoyable to me. While others wouldn't have them on any list. The same with Doctor Who actors and Goalkeepers.

Leno is the best keeper for me we have had in a very long time. As a shot stopper he is right up there. I know people will put keepers reputations above performance. But for me, purely on performance, Leno is the best keeper we have had in the Prem on performance for us. That includes the great Van De Sar.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

peter w

I don't think Leno is the best but he's arguably better than Ederson who is vastly overrated and is often in the 'best' lists from fans and pundits alike.

filham

No doubt Leno was a very important signing for us, we would now be lower in the table had we not signed him.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: toshes mate on April 25, 2023, 08:12:11 AMAs a matter of fact Leno is certainly a very good keeper in this particular age.  Who is best is however entirely an opinion at this level.  He is certainly quality that eclipses Areola IMHO. 

FFC cannot boast a costly defence expenditure as compared to others in the top half of the table especially with our hangover from prior FFP issues. I'd rate Leno as the best keeper FFC have had in a long time especially as his presence is commanding and clear even with defenders who have been heavily criticised by fans on here in the past.

Marco Silva speaks of pride in his latest war cry as FFC continue to counter the rubbish thrown at us by the FA and its cronies and ensure that none of i sticks. We will give Villa a game and both 'keepers will need to be at their best. I am deeply proud of FFC's activities this season and have waited a long time to see that doubtful quality label drop off again as it did during Jokanovic's time outside the PL. Marco and Company have done and are doing a great job, win, lose or draw tonight. Leno will shine.

I'm finding myself agreeing with almost all of Toshes Mate's posts of late. You certainly seem to have the FA sussed, to use the vernacular. Their corruption knows no bounds and they regard Fulham with disdain and contempt, as an unwanted member of their elite club.

One note, if your monicker is related to the great Tosh Chamberlain, I recall a story that old school opponents would use to distract Tosh from his game. They would give him a kick early on, and he would follow that player the rest of that game just to kick him back!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.