watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH THREAD: Aston Villa

Started by 3rdgenfan, April 25, 2023, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: heylookitsjacob on April 26, 2023, 02:16:32 PMMaybe I'm biased because of how much this forum likes Solomon, but thought he was really really poor yesterday. No one was very good, but Solomon's first touch looked really bad and whether it was rust or just poor I'll leave that up to Silva. Losing to a really in form side 1-0 isn't all that bad, especially with how bad our team played. If Willian is out for the rest of the season and Wilson misses a couple games, we are going nowhere but down the table.

Have to agree re Solomon.  I've really liked him since joining, but he was poor v Villa and actually last couple of outings. 

WindyCity

Well, that's two hours in my life I'll never get back.  Just a terrible show by FFC.  Absolutely the worst game of the campaign so far.  Even worse than the BHA smash and grab.  Very disappointed.

What I don't understand is why MS gives way way way too much respect to Villa???  It's not like they're Man City.  Right from start of game, no pressing, letting Villa build up from the back with no pressure whatsoever.  Could tell early on this was not gonna be a good game for the boys.  Even after conceding, FFC still played conservatively, not pressing too much laying back waiting for opportunities that really never came, or came rarely.  Even playing so poorly, Villa only managed the single goal.  I just thought our approach in this game was all wrong and we were giving them too much respect and should have taken the game to them more.  Oh well, on to next game.....

Deeping_white

Quote from: WindyCity on April 26, 2023, 04:05:10 PMWell, that's two hours in my life I'll never get back.  Just a terrible show by FFC.  Absolutely the worst game of the campaign so far.  Even worse than the BHA smash and grab.  Very disappointed.

What I don't understand is why MS gives way way way too much respect to Villa???  It's not like they're Man City.  Right from start of game, no pressing, letting Villa build up from the back with no pressure whatsoever.  Could tell early on this was not gonna be a good game for the boys.  Even after conceding, FFC still played conservatively, not pressing too much laying back waiting for opportunities that really never came, or came rarely.  Even playing so poorly, Villa only managed the single goal.  I just thought our approach in this game was all wrong and we were giving them too much respect and should have taken the game to them more.  Oh well, on to next game.....

It's almost like after 15 mins our best front 3 weren't on the pitch and that drastically altered literally everything on the night...

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Could I draw attention to a comment which was made on BT Sport concerning our defending of corners.
Every time in the first half we had all eleven players in the penalty area. When the ball was booted away it came straight back because we had no player near the ball. Had we had even one player up field and I would suggest Dan James as the fastest it would have meant that Villa would have had to withdraw two or three defenders from their attacking positions to cover him.
Simple tactics really.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on April 26, 2023, 04:05:10 PMWell, that's two hours in my life I'll never get back.  Just a terrible show by FFC.  Absolutely the worst game of the campaign so far.  Even worse than the BHA smash and grab.  Very disappointed.

You have summed it up clearly and concisely.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.