watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH THREAD: Aston Villa

Started by 3rdgenfan, April 25, 2023, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdgenfan

Poor performance all round. Clearly obvious by now BDR and Vinicious are not prem quality.

Not surprising we had no shots on target with those two up front at the end

Marco will need support in the transfer market. Two of our best players this season are 35 and 34. Not good long term prospects.

South Coast White

Always going to be hard even before we started. To loose both Harry and Willian,just multiplied the problem. Result could have been so much worse. Agree BDR and Vinicius have to be replaced next season without question.

demeant0r

Awful performance, no penetration. No idea why we replaced Solomon and kept James on who didn't provide much tonight. Solomon was pretty up for it but no one to pass to.

Sgt Fulham

Not a bad result considering the performance. Obviously that's any chance of Europe over, but I'm content with the sweet security of mid table mediocrity.

Lighthouse

Same old players get the blame for an awful performance by every player. Don't see why BDR gets any blame. He has proved he is a decent squad player at this level. Vin not so much. However I don't see any player that was so great tonight or any group of players that so outshone the rest.

We were poor in every department and never looked like worrying anybody. Awful performance and happy that the score flattered us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SerbianLad

Don't understand the stick BDR is recieving. He seemed most likely to make something happen today in my opinion.

Deeping_white

Seeing some overreactions considering that by the 15th minute of the game we basically ended up in a position where we had our best ST, LW and RW not able to play which would weaken literally any team in the league other than Man City from an attacking perspective

Woodlawn

The way villa started and the way we played I feared a cricket score,second half we  improved just. Thought Tosin was very good apart from a few bad passes.

ffc73

Awful. No energy & backwards / sideways passing. Really disappointing performance.

Cannot recall that we had a shot. Martinez was a spectator.

Makes the 4.5 hour traffic delayed journey from London & now getting back in the early hours of tomorrow really question my sanity.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Woodlawn on April 25, 2023, 09:57:03 PMThe way villa started and the way we played I feared a cricket score,second half we  improved just. Thought Tosin was very good apart from a few bad passes.
Tosin was by far our best player in the second half in my opinon. Was dreadful in first hovewer.

As good as Villa were in the first half and as poor as we were, they hardly created anything either.

Dodgin

Probably would have been a different game with Willian and Wilson on the pitch. Shows though the need of several quality players next season. I see we did win the fouls though 18 to 6, Vinicius helped the numbers along there. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: demeant0r on April 25, 2023, 09:50:22 PMAwful performance, no penetration. No idea why we replaced Solomon and kept James on who didn't provide much tonight. Solomon was pretty up for it but no one to pass to.
Solomon was poor - again - nothing against him, I hope we do keep him but he's offered very little in his past few performances,  DJ although not achieving much tonight does offer a threat every time he is able to run straight at defences.  But not our night, as others say, the absence of Willian and Wilson probably made a big difference.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Solomon and James are big weak links for me.

Neither seem to be able to play well in a team, both have their singular abilites, James has his speed, Solomon has his head down and run at defenders thing... But neither link up well with their team mates at all.

copthornemike

Well done Villa, and a poor performance by us all round other than for our defence.
In the end a 1-0 loss was an achievement!
We did not have the intelligence, mobility or speed to beat the Villa off side track.
Surprised Silva did not prepare the team tactically for this and have to praise the Villa manager.
Now onto two tough games we we may have even less possession.
At least we have got back to beating the teams below us, but we still cannot beat those above us (excepting Brighton).
However I would have taken our relatively mid table mediocrity at the start of the season 😊

Black and White Town

Definitely a bit crap, but it's not realistic to expect an electrifying performance every match. We go again

Mullers OG

Without Willian, Mitro and Wilson we are inevitably lacking up front. Solomon not at his best tonight. BDR tries hard but is probably not quite good enough. Kebano looked lively but not going to improve given his age. Difficult to see who had a decent game. We need cover for Mitro up front as he's bound to miss games through injury or suspension. Ditto JP. A better LB would help. Shame we missed out on Moreno.

SP

Move on to the next game.

Only positives tonight were the travelling FFC fans & the late equaliser by Leicester at Leeds.

Lighthouse

Our position in the league. Is it because we are good enough to be in that position. But seeing Villa and Fulham tonight. Is this seasons Prem just a very poor standard this year?

Other than Man City on their day. I can't think that this season has shown the Prem as a top quality league. Probably the most competitive but not the best.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LittleErn

Losing the two Ws must have had a psychological affect and put us on the back foot from the start. Attack wise we just weren't competitive which shows how we lack depth in that department. I know we have an abundance of wingers but, apart from Willian they all play in fits and starts - occasionally brilliant but not consistent. Biggest weakness is in not having players to replace Mitro in the scoring department. The two Ws are our best hopes for scoring and both we're missing.  Think the defence did pretty well, especially Tosin. They handled everything Villa threw at them except for a very good goal which most teams would have conceded. James, BDR, and Solomon are all good enough as backups but the team can only afford to play one of them at a time or we lose any kind of cutting edge. It's been a good season but recruitment is needed if we are to repeat it next year.

hovewhite

Quote from: Mullers OG on April 25, 2023, 10:07:25 PMWithout Willian, Mitro and Wilson we are inevitably lacking up front. Solomon not at his best tonight. BDR tries hard but is probably not quite good enough. Kebano looked lively but not going to improve given his age. Difficult to see who had a decent game. We need cover for Mitro up front as he's bound to miss games through injury or suspension. Ditto JP. A better LB would help. Shame we missed out on Moreno.
that's the most factual comment, difficult to see who had a decent game.
Not to have a shot ,at least they can see we didn't miss the target.dread Sunday.