https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Diop

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 25, 2023, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Again today.... he's not injured - wonder why he's not starting

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 25, 2023, 10:34:09 PMAgain today.... he's not injured - wonder why he's not starting

Beats me
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Think Marco is trying to get tosin to sign a long term contract,that can be the only reason.

SerbianLad

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 25, 2023, 10:34:09 PMAgain today.... he's not injured - wonder why he's not starting
I think Diop is less prone to make cardinal mistakes than Tosin, but Tosin offers more going forward. So it's a difficult dillema for Marco. Stability vs more offensive threat.

perry geyton

It's quite simple, He's not playing because Tosins been playing well

Somerset Fulham

We have a squad and Tosin is cutting the mustard at the moment. I'm all for it.

ianthailand

The big question is why was Diop dropped in the first place? Once he was dropped however Tosin has been excellent so Marco has got it right.

Woolly Mammoth

It is good to have both players wearing a Fulham shirt.

Never forget your Roots.

wback

Defensively they seem to both be at the same level. Tosin has been really good recently, no major mistakes.

I think the reason is he's a little stronger in his passing. Marco clearly likes his CBs to pass to fullbacks and get the ball as far forward as possible while doing so. Which means the ball needs to be quick and accurate. Ream is good at getting it out to Robinson, and it often sets the opposition on the back foot on that side of the pitch. Tosin can do it on the right.

Whitestone

Diop and Tete were both dropped after an indifferent performance at Bournemouth. Tosin has been very good since his return to the starting line up.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitestone on April 26, 2023, 08:40:14 AMDiop and Tete were both dropped after an indifferent performance at Bournemouth. Tosin has been very good since his return to the starting line up.

Yes he has taken the opportunity and has settled in and all credit to him for that.
He probably knows he has Diop waiting in the wings as well as Duffy.
It would be interesting to see Tosin and Diop play together

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: perry geyton on April 25, 2023, 10:40:04 PMIt's quite simple, He's not playing because Tosins been playing well

Agree. Rate Diop though!
STH H3

filham

Not a lot to choose between Tosin and Diop, our back four looks pretty strong although a clean sheet is overdue. Perhaps it is coming against City on Sunday. !!

Sting of the North

I think the answer to the OP's question is very simple, namely that Tosin has been too good to drop lately (as have been mentioned by several posters. Tosin has probably been our best player overall for the last four games. No mystery here.

Jim©

In the air, tosin has been excellent recently. Diop, despite his size loses a lot of headers.
Good problem to have as their both decent cbs.

ffcthereligion

I think he's improved against some of the divisions worst teams, and then had a very poor first half last night when villa chose to attack, and an improved second half when they were more passive and restricted us. There is no doubt in my mind Diop is the superior player, although I do hope that tosin signs an extension as a back up

Deeping_white

Is there an argument to be made that we play Tosin & Diop together for the last 2/3 games of the season? This is not a call to drop Ream because he's been superb this year, but ultimately long term Diop and Tosin could be here for years and grow into a starting CB partnership. At some point they're going to need competitive game time togther to see if it's a viable option and there is now no pressure on the remaining league games. Ream will slowly wind down into a supporting role, which is no bad thing since age will eventually catch up to him & we need to start some long term planning. If they can play together then it means there is less rush to find a long term starting left sided CB, because realistically we need 2 CB's for next season as it is.

Chutney

Tosin is playing better, drop was shocking against bournemouth and rightly dropped, it's nice to have the option!
C O Y W