News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Going forward: play talent or strongest line-up?

Started by Jeroen, April 28, 2023, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Now we are officially safe, do we continue to play our loan players or will we play the players that we expect to be here next season and give some talents a bit more game time?

It's all about points, but it seems a waste to play Dan James if we can play one of our own instead and develop those players (despite potentially being less good at the moment)

EN1 FFC

For the Leicester, Palace & Southampton games I'd bring in a youngster or two, for the other games full strength.

Whitestone

I'd rather see Silva play what he considers his strongest starting eleven in all of our remaining games.
In all likelihood we'll finish between 9th and 11th position which would be a fantastic achievement.
Each position is worth an extra £2 million so we should definitely strive to achieve the highest possible position because those extra millions could make a difference in the summer transfer window and give us the best possible chance next season.
This is not the time for sentiment. By all means give youth a chance on the bench and if the game is going in our favour opportunities may fall their way.

ffc73

Full strength for all games. There are no easy games & I'd prefer to finish strongly than lose all our remaining games.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Whitestone on April 28, 2023, 08:20:11 AMI'd rather see Silva play what he considers his strongest starting eleven in all of our remaining games.
In all likelihood we'll finish between 9th and 11th position which would be a fantastic achievement.
Each position is worth an extra £2 million so we should definitely strive to achieve the highest possible position because those extra millions could make a difference in the summer transfer window and give us the best possible chance next season.
This is not the time for sentiment. By all means give youth a chance on the bench and if the game is going in our favour opportunities may fall their way.
Exactly.  Imagine " Sorry Mr Khan, I know we lost £2m but I thought playing the youngsters was worth it"
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Jeroen on April 28, 2023, 07:57:33 AMNow we are officially safe, do we continue to play our loan players or will we play the players that we expect to be here next season and give some talents a bit more game time?

It's all about points, but it seems a waste to play Dan James if we can play one of our own instead and develop those players (despite potentially being less good at the moment)

Hang on sorry - less good than Dan James?! How?

White Knight

Quote from: Whitestone on April 28, 2023, 08:20:11 AMI'd rather see Silva play what he considers his strongest starting eleven in all of our remaining games.

I agree we have to finish as high as possible and as you say introduce the youngsters from the bench.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 28, 2023, 08:57:42 AM
Exactly.  Imagine " Sorry Mr Khan, I know we lost £2m but I thought playing the youngsters was worth it"

Yeah but conversely if you play an academy player who really shines and shows they're worth a first team place next season rather than paying millions on an unknown entity, you could argue that we'll save more than £2m we lose for finishing a place lower

Thailand Mick

I actually think for the long term prospects we should be trying out a few things we might have to implement next season. For example giving Tosin and Diop some game time together,trying two strikers in either a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.trying players in different positions,remember louis Saha used to be a winger and was converted to a striker and that turned out pretty well and there are quite a few other examples of players switching posotions and being successful. 

southwest6

the target should be to break our highest point tally in the PL. We'll have to play our strongest XI in order to do that. That said, would be nice to include some youngsters in the matchday squad and give them a few minutes

Marcel_Gecov

Id like to give Lukic some minutes to give him a chance to bed into the league. He has really only played games where we have been under the kosh and missing Palhinha. Vs Wolves I thought he was our best player second half and Id love to see him start. Id also like to start seeing Luke Harris around the 70-75 minute mark and maybe starting the last game.

I also think that Solomon should also get some minutes, Willian too so we can get this contract over the line and trial Diop/Tosin in the hope Tosin stays.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a fine balance, but winning is so important, because winning becomes a habit as does losing.

To compete at the highest level's you have to have a winning mentality. Even losing the toss becomes disappointing.

Not forgetting the higher we finish the more
money and the more appealing Fulham becomes.

Plus experience is so important in the Premier League.
Having said that the enthusiasm of youth can also contribute as well, providing the circumstances fit the decision.
So it is a fine balance and we do have some really decent home grown talent breaking through as long as we do not tell Spurs and Liverpool.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

We should play a strong side but I'd like to see some more minutes for Harris, probably off the bench.

filham

It has been such a good season and it would be so disappointing to now finish with a bad run and a low league position.

Like to see us finish in the top half of the table and above Chelsea, that would be a good platform to take us into next season.

Twig

I think the debate is, what is our strongest side? Especially in the absense of Mitro.  Solomon scored regularly early on but has struggled to get a regular slot, Lukic comes with a great CV but ditto, James flatters to deceive, Is harris ready to step up, should TC be getting more minutes???

DadCreature

Must finish above Chelsea.  Everything else is secondary.

toshes mate

Never try to fix something that ain't broke ...

We go for the best seasonal PL outcome ever if we can and if we can't then we make it a very close second. A few hatfulls of goals from Mitro when he returns would be a splendid signal to his detractors too. 

WindyCity

Quote from: ffc73 on April 28, 2023, 08:20:16 AMFull strength for all games. There are no easy games & I'd prefer to finish strongly than lose all our remaining games.

BINGO!!!!

btffc

Every place is worth around 2 million. Should absolutely play the strongest lineup possible to win as much prize money as possible.

Woolly Mammoth

So we are all agreed then, we play our strongest team, thank goodness for that.
Supporters as well as players have to have a winning mentality no matter what game it is.

The challenge is to finish the season on a high and use it to launch ourselves into the new season with a spring in our step.
After all Fulham are not running a holiday camp, every player has to be given a target right up to the final whistle of the last game.

As every single paying Fulham Supporter is entitled to see, that is what we pay hard earned money for, to watch the team entertain and score goals, any kind of goal and bust a gut to bring us back a win.
That is the least we can expect.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.