more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today’s games

Started by St Eve, April 29, 2023, 01:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Erling Braut Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne aiming to break records against Fulham

Manchester City's Erling Braut Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne will attempt to set a goalscoring and assist record respectively in Sunday's Premier League clash with Fulham.

The Citizens gained the upper hand in the Premier League title race when they thrashed current league leaders Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday.

John Stones and Haaland both grabbed a goal apiece, while De Bruyne netted a brace to guide Pep Guardiola's side to a commanding 4-1 win over their title rivals.

Second-placed Man City are just two points behind Arsenal with two games in hand, and they will move above the Gunners if they can claim all three points at Craven Cottage.

Having racked up 33 Premier League goals since arriving from Borussia Dortmund last summer, Haaland already has the most goals by a player in a 38-game Premier League season.

The Norway international now has the chance to equal and surpass the overall record, which is currently shared by Andrew Cole and Alan Shearer.

Cole and Shearer scored 34 goals in 1993-94 and 1994-95 respectively, but Haaland will take the record on Sunday if he nets a brace against the Cottagers.

The Norwegian's teammate, De Bruyne, can also write his name in the history books after providing an assist in four consecutive league games.

De Bruyne now has the opportunity to become the first Manchester City player to register an assist in five successive Premier League matches.

Man City will travel to West London in the midst of a 17-game unbeaten run in all competitions, which has included seven straight victories in the top flight.

Having won their last 10 Premier League meetings with Fulham, the Citizens will be confident of adding three more points to their tally.

The visitors will be unable to call upon defender Nathan Ake, who is set to miss a third consecutive game through injury.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/news/haaland-de-bruyne-aiming-to-break-records-against-fulham_512698.html

WhiteJC

Let's make some noise for Lisa Hughes

Sometimes news comes right out of the blue and hits you for six. On Tuesday, when we learned that the lovely Lisa Hughes had passed away, was one such occasion. Lisa, who followed Fulham home and away right across the world with her fabulous family, exemplified everything that was special about Fulham Football Club. She was unbelievably generous, bright, fantastically funny and fanatical about Fulham. I still can't believe that I'm writing about her in the past tense. It doesn't seem right – and it probably never will.

Lisa's contribution to Fulham went beyond the miles travelled for away games, getting behind the team or mere numbers of matches attended. When you saw that superb smile and exchanged even a few words, everything felt right with the world, regardless of what might be going on in your life. There is no way to describe the vast hole she will leave in the lives of so many people who loved her – and our thoughts are with her friends and family at this terrible time.

Since she was such a loved many of the Fulham family, the fans will pay tribute to her with a minute's applause at the start of the second half (in the 46th minute) against Manchester City at Craven Cottage this afternoon. We'd all love it if you could join in – even if you didn't have the pleasure of meeting or knowing this remarkable woman.

Sleep well, Lisa, you'll be forever Fulham, and Craven Cottage will always be home.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/04/lets-make-some-noise-for-lisa-hughes/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss admits Mitrovic has been badly missed

Fulham boss Marco Silva admits the return of Aleksandar Mitrovic cannot come soon enough.

Mitrovic still has two games of his eight-match ban to serve following his sending-off at Manchester United for pushing referee Chris Kavanagh.

His replacement Carlos Vinicius has struggled to replicate the threat of the Serbian hitman and Silva has turned to wingers Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Dan James and Harry Wilson to act as makeshift forwards.

The decision paid off in the wins over struggling Leeds and Everton, but against Aston Villa on Wednesday the Whites struggled up front in a 1-0 defeat.

Mitrovic will return for the game at Southampton on May 13 – after Fulham have faced Manchester City and Liverpool.

"He scored 11 goals before the World Cup break and of course we are stronger with him," Silva said.

"With Carlos not delivering what we expect it is important we keep working with him, but I have had to find other solutions with Bobby and Daniel.

"It gave us a bit more pace in the front line and made us more dynamic, but when we are under pressure and need a player to link the game and be a bit more physical in attack I would prefer to have Mitro."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-admits-mitrovic-has-been-badly-missed

WhiteJC

Man City to wear red and black shirt against Fulham

Manchester City will be sporting their red and black away kit when they travel to Craven Cottage to take on Fulham this weekend. The Citizens have worn this shirt twice in the league previously this season- a 3-1 win on the road at Leeds and a 1-0 loss away at Tottenham Hotspur. Fans will also remember it as the uniform worn in the away Champions League clashes against FC Copenhagen (0-0 draw, player sent off) and Leizipg (1-1 draw, Round of 16 First Leg)

Games in which City have worn the red & black away jersey in the 2022/23 PL season

Leeds 1-3 City (Struijk/ Rodri, Haaland*2)
Tottenham 1-0 City (Kane)

Victory for City in this clash will see them go top of the table. They are two points behind Arsenal, but have two games in hand over the Gunners.

https://www.footballkitnews.com/28919/man-city-to-wear-red-and-black-shirt-against-fulham/

hovewhite

Hope forest go down with Everton and saints.

Friendsoffulham

Bournemouth 4-1 Leeds
Newcastle 3-1 Southampton
Man Utd 1-0 Villa
Liverpool 3-0 Spurs (currently)

Sgt Fulham

Bournemouth are flying while I don't see Leeds picking up another point all season. I expect Forest will stay up on that basis, unless both Leicester and Everton can pull their fingers out and get a few wins. Otherwise, Soton, Everton, and Leeds to go down imo.

Caedal

It's incredible that Bournemouth are only 6 points behind us. They've really done well the last few weeks. I thought they were certs to go down

SP

Quote from: Caedal on April 30, 2023, 06:17:03 PMIt's incredible that Bournemouth are only 6 points behind us. They've really done well the last few weeks. I thought they were certs to go down

I know it won't happen, but I see the manager of the season award being between Bournemouth, Brighton or Villa.

SP

Rumours Leeds may be about to sack another manager.