watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- From the vaults

Started by bog, April 30, 2023, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

5th September 1962 this scruffy old sod recalls seeing the millionaire club of the day Everton coming to town when top of Division 1 and already favourites to win it. The little club by the Thames will have no chance.  Then up steps Stan Brown in one of his first games and the little club by the Thames wins 1-0.

Stanley Brown will never be forgotten as a quiet player who always gave 100% in many different positions. I think he would have sold hot dogs on matchdays if he was told to.

COYW!  ::scarf::

::oldgit::       

filham

I think I may remember the goal. Was that the one when the short Stan Brown, playing at centre forward, scored with a header.
Be nice to see James do the same against City today.

Dodgin

Stan had big boots to fill when Alan Mullery departed

bog

Quote from: filham on April 30, 2023, 09:55:29 AMI think I may remember the goal. Was that the one when the short Stan Brown, playing at centre forward, scored with a header.
Be nice to see James do the same against City today.

Yes it was and it would be nice to see James out pace their defense and tuck the winner way.... 

The Old Count

Stan Brown. One of my favourite players. A tireless, honest player who often popped up with one just like against Everton.

bog

Quote from: The Old Count on April 30, 2023, 11:40:07 AMStan Brown. One of my favourite players. A tireless, honest player who often popped up with one just like against Everton.

Another was alongside Mo Cook's hattrick in the first game under floodlights at Craven Cottage. 4-1 v Sheff Weds. The Owls did not fly that night....

Jem

Stan Brown. One of my all time favourites.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx