watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Man City

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 30, 2023, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

So once again a referee fails to give us a clear cut penalty. Simon Hooper chose to vociferously wave it away. He also bottled the decision to give Grealish a second yellow for blatant dissent.

WindyCity

Thought the lads put on a good show against a very good team.  Hope our injuries aren't too serious.  (Any reports on the injuries?)

I posted in another thread that all our losses since the Cup debacle have only been by one goal.  So even after losing our top goal scorer and others along the way, FFC finds a way to stay competitive and are in every game.  Well done to the boys and MS. 

Lighthouse

Quote from: Whitestone on April 30, 2023, 04:48:23 PMSo once again a referee fails to give us a clear cut penalty. Simon Hooper chose to vociferously wave it away. He also bottled the decision to give Grealish a second yellow for blatant dissent.

Grealish putting his head in Tetes face and then shoving him away. I wonder how Grealish would have reacted to that if it had been done to him. Rolled around, holding his face, wanting to get a player sent off. Fortunately Tete is honest but sadly the referee's are so inconsistent that allowing Grealish to stay on the pitch to me screams inconsistency. Imagine say Mitro doing the same thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

For me BDR done what we all complain about with other teams, he just threw himself down.
No penalty, unfortunately the one against Ream was.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 30, 2023, 04:09:31 PMDid ok today without really laying a glove on them.  It wasn't a penalty although I thought it was initially. Their penalty was valid thoughvbut that won't stop the conspiracy merchants going off on one about it.

Andreas and Ream are an obvious concern but I thought that TC and the new centre back pairing were all excellent when asked to step in.

Note to Vinni too, he kind of almost looked like a centre forward today.

It was a penalty. Centre forwards tend to shoot at open goals and that cancelled out the excellent take for our goal in my view.

Agreed on other comments.

Add in Leno superb. Good effort today all round

LittleErn

Well played indeed! We're nobody's pushovers even with all the missing players. I thought BDR's penalty shout was nailed on at first, but the replay made it less obvious. I've seen them given but not surprised it wasn't. Their penalty came before I switched on! Vinicius defo had his best ever game for Fulham - scored a great goal and put himself about a bit. He's learning but still has weaknesses to address. Cairney was a revelation. Hope he can reproduce that form for the rest of the season - should start for the next game.  Grealish gets away with murder - again! However, most praise must go to our defence. It took a worldie to beat them. I thought Robinson had a great game and was the main reason they got pushed back - especially in the first half.

WindyCity

Agreed too about Vinicius.  Thought he had his best game by far in a FFC shirt....

legana

Not really sure the BDR incident should merit a penalty as he does pull the defender back in the first place. However, we all know it would have been given the other way!

Can't stand City and everything behind them!

hovewhite

A moral victory if no points a solid good display by us and plenty to be positive about. Ream think could be out for a spell which will allow Diop some time.

SP

So pleased we put up a good fight.

I have to say, that first 15 minutes, they were unplayable & I was fearing a battering.

Well done lads.

MisfitKid

Sounds like a broken arm for Ream and broken ankle for Andreas...  ::angry::
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

G_Gribby

Quote from: MisfitKid on April 30, 2023, 06:16:02 PMSounds like a broken arm for Ream and broken ankle for Andreas...  ::angry::

That's horrible news.
::cry::
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

TC's Sporran

thats the season over for both of them...

SG

Quote from: RaySmith on April 30, 2023, 04:30:38 PMBrilliant display considering what City can do to teams, and have done lately, and especially after going down so early.

WE just needed a bit more of a cutting edge, and luck - including with decisions.

Definitely a very soft pen - could hardly be more of a telegraphed two footed dive - full marks would be given for style in a diving comp - from minimal contact from Ream which certainly didn't bring him down, or affect the course of play.

BDR's looked a clearer pen to me.

Grealish should have been sent off for raising his fists, foul play, and aggressive, threatening, dissent, directed at the ref.

Very well done Fulham and Silva - unlucky, but you did us proud.

Sums it up perfectly.
I didn't think I could dislike Grealish any more than I did but after that 90 minutes my dislike of him has plumbed new depths.
Tete played him out of the game

davew

Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2023, 05:00:24 PMAgreed too about Vinicius.  Thought he had his best game by far in a FFC shirt....
I have to agree with you, he did really well with the goal but is he good enough to be our second string striker next season, NO!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Carborundum

Very enjoyable afternoon.  The whites put on a great display against perhaps the best team in the Europe, the world.  We lost because City are so good at holding and cycling the ball.  But we gave them a fight.  I particularly enjoyed the battles between their wingers and our fullbacks - four wonderful competitors in truth and it was honours even.  The winner was a peach of a shot from their reserve striker, who is also a World Cup winner.  Two nasty injuries were unfortunate, hope both make swift recoveries.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MisfitKid on April 30, 2023, 06:16:02 PMSounds like a broken arm for Ream and broken ankle for Andreas...  ::angry::

Somewhat relieved that Andreas only injured his ankle. The way he landed I thought it could have been his knee.

Their seasons are over but if they don't need surgery, both should have enough time to heal before the beginning of next season.

copthornemike

Quote from: Carborundum on April 30, 2023, 07:14:56 PMVery enjoyable afternoon.  The whites put on a great display against perhaps the best team in the Europe, the world.  We lost because City are so good at holding and cycling the ball.  But we gave them a fight.  I particularly enjoyed the battles between their wingers and our fullbacks - four wonderful competitors in truth and it was honours even.  The winner was a peach of a shot from their reserve striker, who is also a World Cup winner.  Two nasty injuries were unfortunate, hope both make swift recoveries.
Agree - maybe outplayed but not outfought.