watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Man City

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 30, 2023, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

It ends Fulham 1-2 Man City at Craven Cottage today, with an Erling Haaland penalty after just 3 minutes, Carlos Vinicious equaliser after 15 minutes, and quite a superb goal for Julian Alvarez on 36 minutes.

Good performance from the Whites, but it wasn't to be, with Tim Ream going off with a shoulder injury and Andreas Pereira going off with an ankle injury.

Should we have also had a penalty ourselves when Kyle Walker held back Bobby De Cordova-Reid in the box?

Let us know your post-Man City thoughts below

#FFFC #FulhamFC #FULMCI

::scarf::

Somerset Fulham

Did ok today without really laying a glove on them.  It wasn't a penalty although I thought it was initially. Their penalty was valid thoughvbut that won't stop the conspiracy merchants going off on one about it.

Andreas and Ream are an obvious concern but I thought that TC and the new centre back pairing were all excellent when asked to step in.

Note to Vinni too, he kind of almost looked like a centre forward today.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

That was a clear penalty for me on Bobby. Of course it wasn't given.

demeant0r

Vini had the best game in a Fulham shirt today. Why does he only seem to show up agains the big boys?

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Good performance but it stings not to take any points this year off that loathsome behemoth when we deserved to overall. Just too much goal threat missing today with no Willian or Mitro. Vini had his best game in a Fulham shirt I thought. I hope Ream and Pereira will be OK. COYW

SerbianLad

I'm proud of all the boys, even the last 3 subs gave their all even if they struggled to get into the game (I think the City subbing on Silva and Foden helped them a lot).

Pathetic perfomance from the referees. Throughout the whole match they were giving soft fouls for them and didn't give anything to us. The blatant hanball by Gundogan right in front of the assistant referee was just taking the p*ss. And the penalties as well. There was more contact and intent in the penalty that wasn't given to us than the one that was given to them.

Grealish is probably the most dislikeable player in the league. But actually I think he helped us today. After his incident with Tete, Tete became unplayable pretty much.

Cainrey had his best games in years in my opinion. Comfortably the best player on the pitch since he came on. Maybe we should have tried to attack them from the beggining? We always defend against them and always lose, we looked much better when we attacked them.

Special mention to Vinicus too. Great goal and worked his socks off.

Fulham1959

Leno is the best goalkeeper we've had in years.  Cairney was excellent.  Good performance all round.

Drewry66

Great effort and fight from the lads. Who knows if we weren't so unlucky with injuries and suspension we might have snuck a draw. The fact that city felt they had to sit deep and defend a 1 goal lead shows how well we did when everyone was fearing a 4 or 5 nil. Just a shame that when they did we couldn't really create a chance.

Leno was absolute class. How quality was Cairney when he came on as well. Interesting to see Tosin and Diop together as well and looked pretty good. Although gutted for Ream actually in one way nice to see how they do as a partnership for a spell in the team. Thought Vini all round was excellent today. Just wish he could do it more often. Wilson couldn't get much of the ball but looked sharp again when he did and brilliant run and assist...so good to see him back and showing he is prem class.

All in all then a great performance when dramatically under strength that in periods worried the best team in the world. COYW  ::scarf::

bill taylors apprentice

A scrappy game was our best chance and we made it scrappy but never made enough chances.

World class players know how to defend as well as do the attacking stuff and they were usually first to any loose balls but we fought hard and made it difficult for them.

Well done to Vini for his goal but a fit Mitro would have caused havoc in a game like todays.

Lighthouse

I am biased so I turn to other people about the second Penalty call. Glen Murray on Five Live was surprised it wasn't looked at and had seen them given.

Jack Grealish on a yellow card sarcastically applauds the referee and gives him grief on other occasions. But he isn't Mitro so no further punishment. But I am biased and so turn to others who say he was fortunate to escape further punishment.

Two nasty injuries, one great goal by them. A few City players being booked for time wasting. I mean we at times looked as if it could happen but deep down I think we are pleased that City have twice beaten us by only the odd goal and on both occasions will feel a bit fortunate for doing so.

So overall a bit disappointed in the end more for the injury problems that will no doubt leave us very short for the rest of the season than for the performance and result. Now it would be nice to bring the enthusiasm to all our games until seasons end.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

I thought we played really well and coped with Haaland. TC was quality when he came on. We were never over run. Well played lads. Leno is a quality keeper.  ::thumb::

::oldgit::       

G_Gribby

Any information regarding the injured? Rather important players that.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Lighthouse

Quote from: G_Gribby on April 30, 2023, 04:26:43 PMAny information regarding the injured? Rather important players that.
On the injuries to Tim Ream and Andreas Pereira: "They are both in hospital. They both look serious injuries. Tim Ream looks like a fracture in his arm. Let's wait to see if it's not serious with Andreas [Pereira]."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Brilliant display considering what City can do to teams, and have done lately, and especially after going down so early.

WE just needed a bit more of a cutting edge, and luck - including with decisions.

Definitely a very soft pen - could hardly be more of a telegraphed two footed dive - full marks would be given for style in a diving comp - from minimal contact from Ream which certainly didn't bring him down, or affect the course of play.

BDR's looked a clearer pen to me.

Grealish should have been sent off for raising his fists, foul play, and aggressive, threatening, dissent, directed at the ref.

Very well done Fulham and Silva - unlucky, but you did us proud.

Black and White Town

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 30, 2023, 04:29:59 PM
Quote from: G_Gribby on April 30, 2023, 04:26:43 PMAny information regarding the injured? Rather important players that.
On the injuries to Tim Ream and Andreas Pereira: "They are both in hospital. They both look serious injuries. Tim Ream looks like a fracture in his arm. Let's wait to see if it's not serious with Andreas [Pereira]."

Damn, that's awful news. GWS lads

Eton White

Great performance and looking through a Man City forum just now, they were absolutely bricking it towards the end!

Well played Fulham. Very proud of the lads.

Pluto

Held our own against the best team in the world. Can't ask for more than that. Also great to see Tosin and Diop look so solid as a pairing.

TC's Sporran

i was glancing at bluemoon forum and someone posted This Cairney seems to have lifted them, and they were wondering where their midfield had gone.  and for a spell i too believed we could get something but then the next subs spoilt it.
200+ pages on a matchday thread though......

Bill2

Absolute stone wall penalty on DBD, blatantly held back. Thought it was a penalty slightly earlier but apparently the keeper got a fingernail on the ball.

JimOG

Quote from: RaySmith on April 30, 2023, 04:30:38 PMBrilliant display considering what City can do to teams, and have done lately, and especially after going down so early.

WE just needed a bit more of a cutting edge, and luck - including with decisions.

Definitely a very soft pen - could hardly be more of a telegraphed two footed dive - full marks would be given for style in a diving comp - from minimal contact from Ream which certainly didn't bring him down, or affect the course of play.

BDR's looked a clearer pen to me.

Grealish should have been sent off for raising his fists, foul play, and aggressive, threatening, dissent, directed at the ref.

Very well done Fulham and Silva - unlucky, but you did us proud.

I've just seen Sky's 5 minutes of the match. Alvarez tackle was a penalty but I agree with you Walker's was an even clearer one...I hate the default position many have about big teams winning pens but maybe they're right