more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PROUD OF THE LADS

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 30, 2023, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 01, 2023, 05:31:06 AM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2023, 04:46:27 PMI thought also that the boys put on a good show against perhaps the best football team on the planet.  Were not embarrassed, stayed relatively competitive, put on a strong face.  Disappointed we didn't get anything out of the game, except maybe a few key injured players, but FFC played a tough team and stood tall, even having a few moments of good possession in the final third.

I took a look at our losses since the Cup clusterflock.  All are only one goal losses.
So even after losing our top goal scorer and several others along the way, FFC stays competitive and are no mugs, no pushovers.  Gives hope for a good season finish and some hope for a good next season.  Certainly among those recent one goal losses there were disappointments.  I still can't believe we lost to West Ham and Bournemouth, who were really poor sides on the day.  Anyway, good game v Man City and look forward to a strong season finish.
we have only lost three league games all season by more than one goal.Newcastle when we had ten men for 80 minutes,West Ham when the officials wrongly awarded three goals and Arsenal.

Good point Mick.  Just goes to show how well our back four have played all season long, as well as Leno.  Defense is the key to league survival, and I think FFC has achieved that.
Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2023, 04:46:27 PMI thought also that the boys put on a good show against perhaps the best football team on the planet.  Were not embarrassed, stayed relatively competitive, put on a strong face.  Disappointed we didn't get anything out of the game, except maybe a few key injured players, but FFC played a tough team and stood tall, even having a few moments of good possession in the final third.

I took a look at our losses since the Cup clusterflock.  All are only one goal losses.
So even after losing our top goal scorer and several others along the way, FFC stays competitive and are no mugs, no pushovers.  Gives hope for a good season finish and some hope for a good next season.  Certainly among those recent one goal losses there were disappointments.  I still can't believe we lost to West Ham and Bournemouth, who were really poor sides on the day.  Anyway, good game v Man City and look forward to a strong season finish.
we have only lost three league games all season by more than one goal.Newcastle when we had ten men for 80 minutes,West Ham when the officials wrongly awarded three goals and Arsenal.
[/quote]

KJS

City fans said that their 2 games against us were up there with hardest games they've had this season and we were far more combative than Arsenal who just rolled over

SerbianLad

Quote from: KJS on May 01, 2023, 05:38:53 PMCity fans said that their 2 games against us were up there with hardest games they've had this season and we were far more combative than Arsenal who just rolled over
Yes they have been very complimentary, I've seen many people saying that us and  Newcastle were two of the hardest teams they've faced this season.

Their fans actually seem much less arrogant than some of the other "top sides".

ffcthereligion

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 01, 2023, 05:46:08 PM
Quote from: KJS on May 01, 2023, 05:38:53 PMCity fans said that their 2 games against us were up there with hardest games they've had this season and we were far more combative than Arsenal who just rolled over
Yes they have been very complimentary, I've seen many people saying that us and  Newcastle were two of the hardest teams they've faced this season.

Their fans actually seem much less arrogant than some of the other "top sides".

I agree in general. It's just their new breed who are very unfortunate. Specifically the rats either side of you at the lower tier of the away section. Can't stand them, they barely watch the game and spent whole game hurling abuse

Black and White Blood

Is nobody mentioning Tom Cairney, Best player on the pitch

SerbianLad

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 01, 2023, 05:31:06 AM

Only Man City has less 2+ goal difference losses than us (they lost 0 games by 2 or more goals, while Newcastle and Arsenal are tied with us at 3 games lost by 2 or more goals).

Burt

I must admit I was expecting a bit of a drubbing, and wouldn't have been surprised or disappointed had we lost 0-3 or 0-4...

So it was strange to come away from the Cottage slightly disappointed that we didn't have at least a point to show for our efforts!

We gave it our best shot, particularly in the second half, where City were rattled at times.

Credit to Silva and the team for putting their all into it, proud of the lads.