watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PROUD OF THE LADS

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 30, 2023, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Losing 2-1 against corrupt owners, overly inflated teams, and a ref who wants to maintain the FA/PL script as is, what a squad. Two injuries didn't stop us. They fought to the end - great work lads!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

demeant0r

I was expecting a battering but we held our own for large parts of the second half. And what a goal and performance from Vini. Best performance from him yet.

FulhamForThought

Echo that. Played well, good shape and kept going/pressing until the last minute.

At the beginning of the season I wouldn't have dreamt that City would be time wasting and clinging on against us.

bill taylors apprentice

Against one of the top teams in the world and we had them rattled.
If only we could have created a couple of chances in the closing stages.
COYW!

Lighthouse

I think when the great City have players booked for time wasting. It has to make you feel a little bit pleased.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

I thought also that the boys put on a good show against perhaps the best football team on the planet.  Were not embarrassed, stayed relatively competitive, put on a strong face.  Disappointed we didn't get anything out of the game, except maybe a few key injured players, but FFC played a tough team and stood tall, even having a few moments of good possession in the final third.

I took a look at our losses since the Cup clusterflock.  All are only one goal losses.
So even after losing our top goal scorer and several others along the way, FFC stays competitive and are no mugs, no pushovers.  Gives hope for a good season finish and some hope for a good next season.  Certainly among those recent one goal losses there were disappointments.  I still can't believe we lost to West Ham and Bournemouth, who were really poor sides on the day.  Anyway, good game v Man City and look forward to a strong season finish.

Woolly Mammoth

It was a moral  victory today and i was very pleased with the lads.
They competed for 98 minutes and gave no quarter and expected no  quarter.
We have played a lot worse and won.
City knew they had been in a game and bought their victory with a Fat Wallet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth link=msg=1418452 date=168

City knew they had been in a game and bought their victory with a Fat Wallet.
/quote] that last line woolley you must of heard me saying it at the ground 😂😂😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Luka

Arrived at the ground hoping we would not be seriously mauled.
Left after the full time whistle disappointed not to have got three points.
Very proud of my team today.
COYW.

filham

A great team effort each and every player deserves a pat on the back, we were in there at the end still with the chance of a point and getting no help from the ref over the whole game.

With Mitro playing we could well have taken a point.

SG

Echo everything that's been said. Proud of the lads and at the end you could see how disappointed they all were

Andy S

Very proud of the lads also Marco, Boa and all the coaching staff hav3 worked hard and the game was not a loss as we worked hard. The Referee looked like he got caught in the headlights in the second half. Sadly it looked as though the game was too big for him.Man City is a match to look forward to next season, and not with fear

Baszab

Hear Hear = great performance against the best team in the world - and so they should be with Qatar funds and multiple breaches of Foul Play under investigation - the same Qatar funds bailing out Iran to invest in Hezbollah and other Syrian backed terrorists

No wonder they get all the decisions

If BDR had been a City player - it would have been a penalty and no discussion (as per DB in the first game)

copthornemike

My summary of the game would be outclassed, but not outfought.

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on April 30, 2023, 07:38:22 PMHear Hear = great performance against the best team in the world - and so they should be with Qatar funds and multiple breaches of Foul Play under investigation - the same Qatar funds bailing out Iran to invest in Hezbollah and other Syrian backed terrorists

No wonder they get all the decisions

If BDR had been a City player - it would have been a penalty and no discussion (as per DB in the first game)

Fully agree.

perry geyton

Phenomenal that with so many injuries and suspensions that we can still complete

We did way more then Arsenal even came close to doing

Mega proud

Thailand Mick

Quote from: WindyCity on April 30, 2023, 04:46:27 PMI thought also that the boys put on a good show against perhaps the best football team on the planet.  Were not embarrassed, stayed relatively competitive, put on a strong face.  Disappointed we didn't get anything out of the game, except maybe a few key injured players, but FFC played a tough team and stood tall, even having a few moments of good possession in the final third.

I took a look at our losses since the Cup clusterflock.  All are only one goal losses.
So even after losing our top goal scorer and several others along the way, FFC stays competitive and are no mugs, no pushovers.  Gives hope for a good season finish and some hope for a good next season.  Certainly among those recent one goal losses there were disappointments.  I still can't believe we lost to West Ham and Bournemouth, who were really poor sides on the day.  Anyway, good game v Man City and look forward to a strong season finish.
we have only lost three league games all season by more than one goal.Newcastle when we had ten men for 80 minutes,West Ham when the officials wrongly awarded three goals and Arsenal.

Holders

My reflection, comparing the relative performances of the two sides: just how good would City be if Marco were managing them?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Quote from: filham on April 30, 2023, 05:31:50 PMA great team effort each and every player deserves a pat on the back, we were in there at the end still with the chance of a point and getting no help from the ref over the whole game.

With Mitro playing we could well have taken a point.
Not sure about the Mitro bit, our game would have been different.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr White

Quote from: copthornemike on April 30, 2023, 08:46:21 PMMy summary of the game would be outclassed, but not outfought.

Outclassed ? not in this Match.