watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream

Started by sarnian, April 30, 2023, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Ream has been brilliant this season but if the club are planning for the future I just wonder if today will be his last start for the club.

He has proved everybody and I mean everybody wrong with his performance this season as most thought the premiership would be a step too far as it was in our last two excursions.

All credit to the man and I for one hope he has another season in him but just have a niggling feeling.

Andy S

It's the premiership in rugby and the premier league in football. Ream is probably out for the season now but I wish him well and expect him to be back next season

DadCreature

Yeah, broken arm.  He's done for the season.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: DadCreature on April 30, 2023, 06:54:02 PMYeah, broken arm.  He's done for the season.

He's on a year extension - will be a good character for the dressing room. Unsure how much he'll play next year esp. with this injury
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is a shame that this injury has ruined his chance of starting every game this season.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 30, 2023, 07:11:46 PMIt is a shame that this injury has ruined his chance of starting every game this season.
when you remember a lot of posters pre season thought his days at fulham were over.
conversely pereiras injury might ruin tc's chance to break the record of 29 subs appearances

DadCreature

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 30, 2023, 07:14:32 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 30, 2023, 07:11:46 PMIt is a shame that this injury has ruined his chance of starting every game this season.
when you remember a lot of posters pre season thought his days at fulham were over
I was one- I really thought we were making a mistake basing our season on a 35 year old slow of foot CB with a bad history in the EPL.  I'm happy to eat crow- I was so wrong about Tim.

btffc

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on April 30, 2023, 07:00:58 PM
Quote from: DadCreature on April 30, 2023, 06:54:02 PMYeah, broken arm.  He's done for the season.

He's on a year extension - will be a good character for the dressing room. Unsure how much he'll play next year esp. with this injury

It's a broken arm. It will have zero effect on his next season.

Black, White and Fred

Will literally be back in 6 weeks at worst
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: btffc on April 30, 2023, 07:40:14 PM

I mean, as someone who has had several like injuries - it depends on severity. I hope it's one that only takes a couple of months. Could easily be 6 depending on severity, location, peripheral injuries to tendons, muscles, ligaments, etc. then it's all about cardio and back to match fitness. Could def. impact next season, at least the beginning.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: sarnian on April 30, 2023, 06:37:27 PMReam has been brilliant this season but if the club are planning for the future I just wonder if today will be his last start for the club.

He has proved everybody and I mean everybody wrong with his performance this season as most thought the premiership would be a step too far as it was in our last two excursions.

All credit to the man and I for one hope he has another season in him but just have a niggling feeling.

He doesn't suddenly become a worse player overnight.  Once he recovers from this injury he'll be back in the team and starting games.

hovewhite

Broken arm or not I won't right him off ,think he has an unbreakable will.

Somerset Fulham

You can't write a guy off for old age that never relied on pace anyway. Lets see how bad it is and how quickly he heals.

It's Andreas' injury that worries me. It looks absolutely horriffic in the video footage and that is a position that absolutely do not have like for like cover for.

Twig

It will be interesting to see how a partnership of Diop and Tosin shapes up for the rest of this season.  It's a shame that the experiment has been forced on Silva through the injury to Tim but it's an experiment that needed to be tried.
TC should be able to slot into our midfield ok so, whilst we will obviously miss Pereira, I'm not too concerned about the rest of this season.
I doubt that a broken arm will affect Tim's chances of starting next season, he'd have to have suffered additional trauma injuries to muscles, ligaments etc. which would be super unlucky.
The main thing that strikes me when we suffer injuries to these key players is the need to strengthen the quality of our squad depth.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on April 30, 2023, 07:54:40 PM

I mean, as someone who has had several like injuries - it depends on severity. I hope it's one that only takes a couple of months. Could easily be 6 depending on severity, location, peripheral injuries to tendons, muscles, ligaments, etc. then it's all about cardio and back to match fitness. Could def. impact next season, at least the beginning.

It is probably a radial head fracture. As long as he did not displace it and surgery is required I expect him to be ready for the start of training camp at least in a limited fashion.

It is Andreas I am more concerned about. Hopefully he does not need hardware due to an ankle fracture.

Twig

Quote from: WolverineFFC on April 30, 2023, 09:52:33 PM

It is probably a radial head fracture. As long as he did not displace it and surgery is required I expect him to be ready for the start of training camp at least in a limited fashion.

It is Andreas I am more concerned about. Hopefully he does not need hardware due to an ankle fracture.

Do we know it's an ankle fracture? I read a, not necessarily reliable, report that it's a broken leg.

EastEndWhite

I hope Tim travels with the team for the PL Summer Series USA tour even though he might not play. Unless of course he wants the time off.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on April 30, 2023, 09:55:50 PM

Do we know it's an ankle fracture? I read a, not necessarily reliable, report that it's a broken leg.
Re Andreas, here is a calm piece of 'educated conjecture' https://www.youtube.com/shorts/j8mxJSRCXKw
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ChesterTheTabby

So very true. Leave it to City to do all the damage too.