watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Someone once asked me....

Started by CorkedHat, January 15, 2011, 02:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

... how come that he with nearly 300 posts and a so called first team player on this forum never made it into the Upcoming Birthdays list on the front page whereas someone who has never posted and people wouldn't know from a bar of soap got a mention?
I had to confess that I had no idea as I am not privy to the inner sanctum machinations of those who operate this board.
But guess what? I now see what he means. I have been ignored. I have been ostracised. I have been cast aside. I am unclean. No doubt my involvement with facebook will alert people but it is too late FOFFERS - you have slighted me  :006: :006: :006: :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

YankeeJim

I thought after a certain age, one quit counting birthdays. My dear dad has been 29 for 57 years. It also could be that FOF can't afford as many candles as you would need. Just saying..........
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

CorkedHat

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 15, 2011, 02:20:24 AM
I thought after a certain age, one quit counting birthdays. My dear dad has been 29 for 57 years. It also could be that FOF can't afford as many candles as you would need. Just saying..........

All that may be very true, Jim, but Peabody is two years older than me and he got a mention - and I've got more posts than him  :006: :006:

GoldCoastWhite

It's not your birthday until tomorrow you silly old sod. Now go back to your room and nurse will let you know when it's time !

PS: The "exotic dancers" are in Horsham waiting for the road into Rup to reopen.  :005:

RidgeRider

John,

It is not your birthday!

You need to update your birthday in your profile. According to your profile on this board you don't have a birthday. That is how we all know whose it is on any given day.

Jack

RidgeRider

I just set it to the 15th. Is the 15th or 16th? Let me know and I will reset it to 16 if that is the right day of the month.

RidgeRider

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 15, 2011, 03:02:52 AM
I just set it to the 15th. Is the 15th or 16th? Let me know and I will reset it to 16 if that is the right day of the month.

It's now set to the 16th.

Steve_orino

Glad that's been solved...

Silly old sod.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

O ya, and Happy Birthday to the Man from Rupyanup!

We love ya Johnny!
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

CorkedHat

Now look here you lot. The point about this is that when it was Ridge Rider's Birthday it was highlighted about a week before the event. It was like seeing hot cross buns in the shop in January.
I never said that my birthday was anything but January 16 - I am not that yet so senile that I don't know my own birthday - it was just that another FOFFER once asked me what he had to do to get on the list. That was the point - nothing to do with my birthday as such except that I was now able to empathise more freely with his point.
I don't care if I am remembered or not - I am far too old to be concerned with such trivialties. Now I've got that straight I am off down the pub to have a pre- birthday drink!  :dead horse:

Burt

One of the more interesting and entertaining posts of the week  :wine:

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on January 15, 2011, 05:21:26 AM
Now look here you lot. The point about this is that when it was Ridge Rider's Birthday it was highlighted about a week before the event. It was like seeing hot cross buns in the shop in January.
I never said that my birthday was anything but January 16 - I am not that yet so senile that I don't know my own birthday - it was just that another FOFFER once asked me what he had to do to get on the list. That was the point - nothing to do with my birthday as such except that I was now able to empathise more freely with his point.
I don't care if I am remembered or not - I am far too old to be concerned with such trivialties. Now I've got that straight I am off down the pub to have a pre- birthday drink!  :dead horse:

Better get your woolly  trunks on and water wings then John :dft011:

Blingo

I think it's cos you're classified as Australian on here.  :down_under: :down_under: :down_under: :011: :011: :011: :hook: :drums:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Blingo on January 15, 2011, 10:53:34 AM
I think it's cos you're classified as Australian on here.  :down_under: :down_under: :down_under: :011: :011: :011: :hook: :drums:

Oi you - cos a dog was born in a stable doesn't mean he's a horse - No, wait a minute - that doesn't work.  :doh: What about if a flea lives in your hair it doesn't mean it's a lice. Well you know what I mean.

NogoodBoyo

Who wouldn't agree with Burt on this one! And happy birthday to the man who went up Crickhowell and came down a mountin' singing "Who would call a cod a Batter, see."
Nogood "is this Best of the Goons, isit" Boyo

Steve_orino

Quote from: Steve_orino on January 15, 2011, 03:39:21 AM
O ya, and Happy Birthday to the Man from Rupyanup!

We love ya Johnny!

Happy Birthday John?  Eventually one of these posts will get it right  :beer:
@Borino09