1)Tete got a complete rest
2)Reed got a good rest
3)Lukic got some good game time
4)No obvious injuries
5)Palhinha didn't get booked
6)We looked competitive against a Liverpool side on a great run
7)Willian looked back to full fitness
Anything else??
On to Leicester at home and then welcome Mitro back still plenty of points up for grabs to consolidate top half finish and stay above noisy neighbours from Welham Green! COYW ::scarf::

SerbianLad

Quote from: jeremyfulham on May 03, 2023, 10:13:18 PM1)Tete got a complete rest
2)Reed got a good rest
3)Lukic got some good game time
4)No obvious injuries
5)Palhinha didn't get booked
6)We looked competitive against a Liverpool side on a great run
7)Willian looked back to full fitness
Anything else??
On to Leicester at home and then welcome Mitro back still plenty of points up for grabs to consolidate top half finish and stay above noisy neighbours from Welham Green! COYW ::scarf::
Agreed with all points. I'd add that Vini looked okay again and Cedric finally had a decent game too in my opinion.

demeant0r

Vini was actually really good today, charged down defenders, made some decent passes and made a few shots that were on target.

LC

If we had a forward we would have won today. Vinicius had one of his better games for us, but it was the sort of day we would have won if Mitrovic had been playing

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on May 03, 2023, 10:35:29 PMIf we had a forward we would have won today. Vinicius had one of his better games for us, but it was the sort of day we would have won if Mitrovic had been playing
Maybe, but had Vini played like he played today or against Man City in all other games, we would have one at least a few more points. One more game until Mitro is back too.

Lighthouse

Well let's see how we perform in the next game. 8 defeats in the last 10 games. Good time to be playing us. Can we play well against a struggling side or as well as we have against the big teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

It is no use us saying if Mitro had played. Bobby came off the bench & was short of quality in the box on at least a couple of occasions.

What we need is more attacking options that can consistently score goals.  Obviously, that's what every team wants.

We huff & puff without creating enough chances. Alison saved well twice from vinni tonight but that's not enough from the team over 90 minutes.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Vini looked like a legitimate Premier League striker tonight.

southwest6

- thought Vini played incredibly well. Best i've personally seen him play. Good first touch, good turn of pace, clever with the ball. Only thing that pissed me off a bit was when Harry was through on goal as he didn't really seem to bust a gut to get into a good position for the square ball
- liked what I saw of Lukic. Clearly still coming into his own, but he is good on the ball and keeps things ticking. Always looks for a forward pass which i like from a midfielder
- Robinson was class
- notwithstanding Diop's mistake, thought Diop and Tosin played well together. Looked quite solid
- I thought Cedric played decent in fairness. Nothing special, but quite solid all round IMO
- great to see Kebano get some more minutes
- overall, some of our build up play was fantastic. Some of the best i've seen

bobbo

No MOM on offer but a big positive for me was robinson i thought he was soo good last night after an iffy performance on sunday
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

The other positive last night was that Cairney is match fit and has the quality needed to help us win points from the remaining matches against Liecester, Southampton and Palace.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

Thought we created the best chances in 'open play'. Well worth a point but unfortunately didn't get it.  Much improved on the previous away showing at Villa last week.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on May 04, 2023, 10:20:58 AMThe other positive last night was that Cairney is match fit and has the quality needed to help us win points from the remaining matches against Liecester, Southampton and Palace.
IMO TC was our weak link  last night. A few good passes but not much else, slow to react sometimes, too often reverted to sideways or backwards passing. Really hope he does better v Leicester, Southampton, Palace and M U.  Without Pereira he's got big responsibility.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Burt

Agree re Vini - after a slow start to his time here his performances have been getting progressively better, last night was the best so far.

LittleErn

Quote from: southwest6 on May 04, 2023, 08:21:14 AM- thought Vini played incredibly well. Best i've personally seen him play. Good first touch, good turn of pace, clever with the ball. Only thing that pissed me off a bit was when Harry was through on goal as he didn't really seem to bust a gut to get into a good position for the square ball
- liked what I saw of Lukic. Clearly still coming into his own, but he is good on the ball and keeps things ticking. Always looks for a forward pass which i like from a midfielder
- Robinson was class
- notwithstanding Diop's mistake, thought Diop and Tosin played well together. Looked quite solid
- I thought Cedric played decent in fairness. Nothing special, but quite solid all round IMO

Were you at the game, or did you see it on a stream? How did Cairney play?

Bassey the warrior

The overall positive is we matched them across the pitch and we deserved a point. Referee was the difference.

hovewhite

With Vini,the penny has finally dropped with pressing ,chasing and adapting to the creative players around him which is a major step for the team going forward.
The biggest thing for me is that a few major players injured ,yet the camaraderie and fighting for each other seems stronger than ever.so Marco Silva take a bow.

southwest6

Quote from: LittleErn on May 04, 2023, 12:49:33 PM
Quote from: southwest6 on May 04, 2023, 08:21:14 AM- thought Vini played incredibly well. Best i've personally seen him play. Good first touch, good turn of pace, clever with the ball. Only thing that pissed me off a bit was when Harry was through on goal as he didn't really seem to bust a gut to get into a good position for the square ball
- Robinson was class

Were you at the game, or did you see it on a stream? How did Cairney play?

Watched in on the telly. Thought Cairney had a solid game; very different player to Pereira but I do much prefer Pereira in the #10 role because of his energy and directness. Cairney on pure technical ability is world class - love watching him play - though as we all know he does have a tendency to slow things down. One too many touches on a few occasions.

As we've seen, he's a real asset to bring on later in the game, especially if we're in the lead and want to control the tempo of the game as he is probably the best in our squad at dictating the pace of the game. He's a genuine asset in this league and we are very lucky to have had his services for so long IMO.

Mullers OG

TC again v good. Vinicius much improved. Robinson better than for some time but an upgrade at LB needed for next year. Tete missed. Generally a decent performance but it would be nice to see a win.

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 04, 2023, 01:04:29 PMThe overall positive is we matched them across the pitch and we deserved a point. Referee was the difference.
Sorry the problem was we didn't score a goal, just one solitary goal over 90 minutes and us fans would all be happy bunnies looking forward with complete confidence to the Leicester match.