watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 05/05/23...

Started by WhiteJC, May 05, 2023, 11:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Exciting Jamie Vardy promise as Leicester City receive significant injury boost for Fulham game

Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive amid Jamie Vardy's return to form for the Foxes

Vardy vow
Jamie Vardy will be fit to lead the line for Leicester City every week for the remainder of the season, with the striker to get plenty of rest in between the crucial final four games.

Vardy produced his best performance of the season in Monday's draw with Everton, in which he scored for the second game running, and went close on a couple of other occasions. Having struggled for much of the season, he has become integral to Dean Smith's team, particularly with Kelechi Iheanacho injured.

Now 36, Vardy's fitness does have to be managed if City are in a gruelling run of games, but with just one fixture a week for the remainder of the season, Smith has said the number nine won't need his legs managing over the decisive final month.

Injury update

Leicester City have received a significant double injury boost with Ricardo Pereira potentially available for the trip to Fulham and with Kelechi Iheanacho set to return earlier than expected.

Ricardo has not been able to play under Dean Smith yet after injuring his hamstring in the final game before the new manager's arrival. But after returning to training this week, he could be in contention to feature at Craven Cottage.

The Portuguese full-back will train over both Saturday and Sunday, and should he come through those sessions without issue, it is expected he will be in the squad on Monday.

'Could leave'
Leicester City forward Harvey Barnes has been linked with a summer exit amid reported interest from Tottenham and Aston Villa.

The 25-year-old has been a standout performer during a difficult campaign for City. Barnes has scored 10 goals in 30 league appearances as the Foxes battle to avoid relegation.

And his performances at the King Power Stadium have reportedly drawn interest from a number of Premier League clubs with Leicester's future in the top flight in doubt for next season.

Smith 'theory'
Former Man United and England defender Gary Neville has backed Leicester City to survive in the Premier League this season.

Neville has backed Dean Smith to keep Leicester in the top flight, with the former Aston Villa boss having "nothing to lose" at City because he arrived so late in the season.

Everton, Nottingham Forest and Southampton are Neville's picks for relegation this season, though he admits that Leeds are far from safe - saying they could go down over the Toffees or the Reds.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exciting-jamie-vardy-promise-leicester-8414027

WhiteJC

Jay Stansfield on his emotional season on loan at Exeter City

"It's been amazing and I have loved every moment of being back here."

It was always going to be emotional for Jay Stansfield to come back to the place he so proudly calls home. But on Sunday, the on-loan Fulham striker will run out for the last time in an Exeter City shirt – for the time being, at least - as the curtain comes down on the Grecians' League One campaign.

Even the most hardened football fan would have been moved when, on the final day of the summer transfer window, the Grecians confirmed the loan signing of a young man, whose Dad became a cult hero during his four years at the club until his tragic and untimely death at the age of 31, back in 2010.

Jay was just nine when Adam lost his battle with bowel cancer. But the club looked after him and his family in their hour of need. Jay soon became a stand-out player in the Exeter's renowned Academy but, wanting to forge his own path in the game, he opted to join Fulham at the age of 16, instead of pledging his future to the Grecians.

It was an understandable move and while the memory and legacy of his Father was remembered and lived on at St James Park, where a stand is named in his honour, Stansfield Jnr's progression with the Cottagers was rapid. He won the club's Johnny Haynes award for being the young player of the season and he represented England at both Under-18 and Under-20 level before the opportunity of a return to his boyhood club arose in the summer. It was one he could not turn down.

"It's going to be emotional for me, but as a team and personally, I just want to go out and show everyone what I can do and leave here on a positive," Stansfield said, ahead of Sunday's clash with Morecambe. "It's been amazing and I have loved every moment of being back here.

"With three managers, there has been ups and downs, but to come here and play week in, week out for your hometown club, there is nothing better.

"The support I have had means everything to me and I can't thank everyone enough – everyone at Exeter, the club, the supporters, the manager, all the staff – but especially the fans. I can't thank them enough.

"They have welcomed me back here with such open arms and they really stuck by me. Obviously I went 23 games without a goal and some fans can turn on you massively and lose belief in you, but these fans have stood by me the whole way. I want to take that into the last game and hopefully get one more goal here."

Stansfield has even worn the number nine shirt that Adam wore with such distinction. But while his loan spell started with fans singing the songs that they did about Adam, it feels somewhat fitting that Jay leaves with new chants emanating from the Big Bank in his honour. It very much feels like this is now Jay's time to shine as a footballer.

"Obviously everyone remembers my Dad here, but I came here to make a name for myself and I think I have done that," he said. "We are very different people at different levels of our career at the age of 20, but it is a privilege to come here and wear the number nine shirt. Not just for me, but my family coming here every week. Sweenz (Pierce Sweeney) is killing me as I have to ask him for ten tickets every game! But it shows what it means to all the Stansfield family to not only watch me, but be back at the ground that he played in week in, week out.

"Everyone will remember his name for what he done for this club and being a legend in the town. But I wanted to come here and make myself a legend and make my own name. You never know, you might see me here again at the end of my career, but to come here and go out and hear them singing my songs... it puts a shiver down my spine knowing they are singing about me."

Stansfield has certainly experienced the highs and lows during his season back in Devon. That 23-game spell without scoring will have frustrated him, no doubt. But while he strived for perfection, he continued to give his all for the team – a work ethic embedded in the Stansfield family genes.

His first two goals for the club came in a 2-0 win at Barnsley, while his outstanding solo goal in the 3-1 home win over the same opposition was a season highlight. Top of the lot, though, was ending that goal drought with his strike in the 5-0 thrashing of Accrington Stanley in front of his adoring Big Bank.

"I have had some amazing moments with the two Barnsley games, but the highlight was scoring in front of the Big Bank against Accrington," Stansfield said. "It was tough going so long without scoring – as a forward – but people showed faith in me and I knew I would bring something different to the team than just goals and the gaffer said it a few times in his press conferences and that allowed me massively to go out on the pitch knowing there was no pressure to score.

"I'd love to have scored more goals here and celebrated in front of the fans, but I have come here and learnt massively and that was what I wanted to do. Hopefully I can get one on Saturday."

Exeter fans will no doubt keep a close eye on the career of a talented young man that they can rightly call one of their own and it is hard to imagine that Stansfield will not wear the red and white shirt again.

Whether that is with another loan next season, or in the twilight years of his career, only time will tell, but for someone who has the club very much at heart, you just feel that a second coming is inevitable.

"We will see what happens when I go back to Fulham," he said. "Obviously I still have so much more to learn and experience, but I will take the challenge on and see where it takes me.

"I will go back to Fulham and see what happens, try and impress the manager, show him what I have learnt, be confident and see where it takes me.

"It would be amazing for me to come back here, but I am here for myself and my future really. That might sound selfish, but I have to develop as a player.

"Here, I am massively in my comfort zone and would obviously be a bit different if I could go out and perform and express myself at other club? I don't know, but we will see what happens. It would be amazing to come back, but is it best for me? We will have to see in the future but, for now, I am focused on finishing my job here and we will see what the future holds.

"I know all the players, the manager has come in and I know how the manager wants to play now and overall, yeah, it could work out massively... But like I said, it's not really down to me, we will have to see what both clubs agree and what Fulham think is best for me because, at the end of the day, I am their player."

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/jay-stansfield-emotional-season-loan-8413715

WhiteJC

Vote Leno For Save Of The Month!

Bernd Leno has been nominated for the Castrol Save of the Month award for April.

Our German 'keeper was named Man of the Match against Manchester City after making a string of top notch saves, and it was his agile stop to deny Erling Haaland at the start of the second half which has seen him make the shortlist.

Having found some space in the box, Haaland made a smart connection with Jack Grealish's centre to steer a powerful low shot inside the near post, but Leno contorted his body impressively to get down and push it behind for a corner.

Leno's competition for the award comes from Lukasz Fabianski, David De Gea, Daniel Iversen, Aaron Ramsdale, and Kepa Arrizabalaga.

You can show you support for Bernd at the below link, with the vote open until 12pm on Monday, and the winner announced at 2pm next Friday.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/may/04/vote-leno-for-save-of-the-month/

WhiteJC

Three-way battle for unsettled Leicester City role as Dean Smith explains why he dropped player

Luke Thomas made his first Premier League start in more than three months against Everton on Monday after Smith choose to drop Victor Kristiansen from his line-up

Dean Smith could pick his third different left-back in five games at Fulham on Monday with neither Luke Thomas nor Victor Kristiansen producing authoritative performances under the new manager.

Smith started Kristiansen in his first three games in charge, but withdrew him at half-time in the loss to Manchester City, and then watched him struggle in the draw with Leeds, Jack Harrison influential for the home side, setting up their goal. That "tougher game" prompted Smith to drop Kristiansen for the clash with Everton.

Thomas was then brought in for his first Premier League start in more than three months, since before Kristiansen was signed in the final week of the January window in a £17m switch from FC Copenhagen.

But homegrown full-back did not stake a strong claim to get the role permanently either, with Alex Iwobi prominent in Everton's attacks, the Nigerian scoring the Toffees' second-half equaliser.

Smith doesn't have James Justin to choose from either, who despite being close to a return to fitness is ineligible to play after being left out of the 25-man Premier League squad, something the manager said was a case of "look what you could have had".

But with Ricardo Pereira potentially fit to play at Fulham on Monday, Smith may not need to choose either Kristiansen or Thomas. A fit Ricardo could come back into the side at right-back, with Timothy Castagne then switching to the left, as was the case in March, when Kristiansen was injured.

"I think it's a competitive position," Smith said. "We started with Vic, he came off at half-time in the first game against City and Luke came on and did ever so well.

"Vic came back in against Wolves and I thought he had a good game. I thought it was a tougher game for him against Leeds, hence changing it with Luke, but I think the two of them are certainly vying for that position."

Other potential changes for City are in midfield. Smith emphasised his disappointment with the team's lack of protection for goalkeeper Daniel Iversen against Everton, and he felt the big issue was in the centre of the pitch, and how easy they were to play through on the counter attack.

Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans, and Boubakary Soumare formed the trio on Monday, but Smith also has Papy Mendy, Dennis Praet, and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall available to choose from.

He said: "We were disappointed with some of the defensive aspects against Everton, but there's only little tweaks we need to make to do that better, and if we do that, we'll be a threat against Fulham.

"We need to protect the middle of the pitch better than we did. We were quite open on transitions and it became a basketball game. I don't think we can afford to do that."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-way-battle-unsettled-leicester-8414135

WhiteJC

Liverpool & Man Utd told to pay £50m to sign Palhinha

Liverpool and Manchester United have been told to pay £50m to sign midfield target and Fulham star Joao Palhinha this summer, as per Football Insider.

After moving to the Craven Cottage at the beginning of this season from Sporting CP, the 27-year-old has been enjoying an excellent debut campaign in the Premier League this term.

The Portuguese international's excellent performances for Fulham have caught the attention of several big English clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool.

According to the report by Football Insider, Fulham are keen on keeping hold of their star man beyond this season but if they are forced to cash-in then they would demand a fee of around £50m from the likes of Liverpool and United.

The report further claims that Liverpool have been showing an interest in signing Palhinha and the player would be open to joining an elite side such as the Merseysiders if he receives an official proposal this summer. So, Jurgen Klopp's side would be able to broker a deal for the 27-year-old should they formalise their interest.

However, Football Insider states that signing Palhinha will be difficult for Liverpool as arch-rivals Man Utd are also lining up a swoop for the Fulham star.

Battle
Following a disappointing campaign this term, it has widely been suggested that Liverpool have identified midfield as an area that needs revamping to challenge on all fronts once again from next season.

They have been linked with numerous options ahead of the summer window with Alexis Mac Allister, Mason Mount and Matheus Nunes being among them, but Palhinha is reportedly on their radar as well.

On the other hand, Man Utd are looking to bolster their squad this summer to continue the rebuild under Erik ten Hag's guidance. The Dutch boss has seemingly prioritised strengthening the attack during the off-season but reinforcing the midfield is also on his agenda with the former Sporting ace emerging as a serious target.

Palhinha, standing at 6ft 2in tall, is a holding midfielder by traits but can also play the box-to-box role. He is dynamic, technically sound, good in the air, can play threading passes between the lines, has an eye for long-range passing and is also excellent in defensive contributions.

The Fulham star possesses the necessary attributes to play in any elite team in Europe. So, he would certainly be a great signing for Man Utd or Liverpool if either club manage to lure him away from Craven Cottage this summer.

However, it remains to be seen whether Man Utd or Liverpool decide to formalise their interest in Palhinha in order to bolster their squad at the end of this season.

https://football-talk.co.uk/184036/liverpool-man-utd-told-to-pay-50m-to-sign-palhinha/

WhiteJC

Arsenal bag cash windfall as Bernd Leno transfer clauses triggered to double initial fee

The German goalkeeper moved to Craven Cottage for an initial £3m last summer but the deal included performance-related add-ons, including a survival fee.

Fulham have 45 points and, while they have never been in danger of relegation and are on course for a top-half finish, are now mathematically safe.

Leno has proved one of the bargain signings of the season and has kept seven clean sheets.

Arsenal are also set to earn a further £1m based on his Premier League appearances, with the 31-year-old playing 32 times this season.

Another £2m will be due if Fulham stay up again next season, potentially taking the total transfer fee to a £8m.

After Leno impressed against Manchester City last weekend, he was praised by Fulham manager Marco Silva.

"[He is] extraordinary," said Silva. "A top, top goalkeeper and, I keep repeating, in my opinion, he's one of the best three goalkeepers in this competition.

"He is showing his quality every single game – games when he has more work to do, with the other team creating dangerous moments around our box, he is always there, and when you have the game under control and then a chance appears for the opposition, he is there as well.

"He's been brilliant and the most important thing in a goalkeeper is being really consistent, and from the first match he played, against Brentford at home to now he's been for sure one of the most consistent goalkeepers this season in the Premier League."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-transfer-news-leno-clause-fee-b1079005.html

WhiteJC

Chris Sutton questions 'desperate' Leicester City amid Jamie Vardy prediction

Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as Chris Sutton predicts the outcome of the Premier League game against Fulham with comments about Jamie Vardy and James Maddison

Pundit Chris Sutton has tipped Leicester City to suffer defeat at Fulham on Monday - despite the hosts losing three games in a row.

City are unbeaten in a three, with a win and two draws on the board. But despite Leicester being "desperate" for points, and Jamie Vardy looking "sharp again", Sutton still thinks Leicester will lose 2-1 at Craven Cottage.

He also thinks Vardy will take the next Leicester penalty after James Maddison missed against Everton at King Power Stadium last time out. Sutton "can't understand" the decision to take Vardy off spot kick duty.

"Leicester are desperate for points, but Jamie Vardy looks sharp again which is a big help," Sutton told BBC Sport. "I can't understand why he didn't take the penalty which James Maddison saw saved against Everton last time out, but he will definitely get the next one.

"The Foxes will give everything they have got, but I actually think Fulham are going to win. They have been very unlucky to lose their past three games by a one-goal margin, and played pretty well each time."

Sutton's prediction: 2-1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fulham-chris-sutton-8414550

WhiteJC

Sources: Fulham plot raid to sign Mateus Uribe

Fulham are scouring the market for midfield improvements as they brace for offers for star man Joao Palhinha this summer, sources have told Football Insider.

This site revealed on Wednesday (3 May) that Palhinha, 27, is wanted by Bayern Munich as well as elite Premier League sides like Liverpool and Man United.

One of the options under consideration is Porto midfielder Mateus Uribe, 32.

Uribe is out of contract at Estádio do Dragão this summer after spending four years at the Portuguese giants.

The vastly experienced midfielder has continued to be a mainstay for Porto despite his contract situation, making 46 appearances across all competitions and scoring five goals.

Like Palhinha, Uribe has a wealth of experience at the top level having played regularly in the Champions League since arriving in Europe.

He has also been capped 45 times by Colombia and turned out for them at the 2018 World Cup.

The 32-year-old can play in both advanced and defensive midfield roles.

Fulham are looking to have another big summer transfer window after securing Premier League survival this season.

Uribe could join on a free transfer, but the Cottagers will have big funds to splash out on new arrivals if Palhinha is sold to one of Europe's elite.

Marco Silva's side are set to record a respectable mid-table finish this season after their European challenge fizzled out in recent weeks.

The Cottagers have also been rocked by crushing long-term injuries to Andreas Pereira and Tim Ream in the last week.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-fulham-plot-raid-to-sign-mateus-uribe/

WhiteJC

Stansfield nears end of 'emotional' Exeter loan
Jay Stansfield is determined to show everyone just how much spending the season on loan at Exeter City has meant to him during his last game for the Grecians on Sunday.

The 20 year-old striker returned to St;. James' Park on loan in September and admits to being emotional as he prepares to say goodbye to his boyhood club after the last League One game of the season against Morecambe this weekend.

"It's going to be emotional for me, but as a team and personally, I just want to go out and show everyone what I can do and leave here on a positive. It's been amazing and I have loved every moment of being back here. With three managers, there has been ups and downs, but to come here and play week in, week out for your hometown club, there is nothing better.

The support I have had means everything to me and I can't thank everyone enough – everyone at Exeter, the club, the supporters, the manager, all the staff – but especially the fans. I can't thank them enough. They have welcomed me back here with such open arms and they really stuck by me. Obviously I went 23 games without a goal and some fans can turn on you massively and lose belief in you, but these fans have stood by me the whole way. I want to take that into the last game and hopefully get one more goal here.

Obviously everyone remembers my Dad here, but I came here to make a name for myself and I think I have done that. We are very different people at different levels of our career at the age of 20, but it is a privilege to come here and wear the number nine shirt. Not just for me, but my family coming here every week. Sweenz (Pierce Sweeney) is killing me as I have to ask him for ten tickets every game! But it shows what it means to all the Stansfield family to not only watch me, but be back at the ground that he played in week in, week out.

Everyone will remember his name for what he done for this club and being a legend in the town. But I wanted to come here and make myself a legend and make my own name. You never know, you might see me here again at the end of my career, but to come here and go out and hear them singing my songs... it puts a shiver down my spine knowing they are singing about me."

The young forward conceded it was difficult to pick out a favourite moment from his time with City, but eventually settled on scoring his first goal at St. James' Park – after a long wait – against Accrington Stanley.

"I have had some amazing moments with the two Barnsley games, but the highlight was scoring in front of the Big Bank against Accrington. It was tough going so long without scoring – as a forward – but people showed faith in me and I knew I would bring something different to the team than just goals and the gaffer said it a few times in his press conferences and that allowed me massively to go out on the pitch knowing there was no pressure to score.

"I'd love to have scored more goals here and celebrated in front of the fans, but I have come here and learnt massively and that was what I wanted to do. Hopefully I can get one more on Sunday."

Stansfield isn't certain of what will be next in his career but he is determined to try and make an impression on Marco Silva, who handed him a Premier League debut at the start of this season.

"I will go back to Fulham and see what happens, try and impress the manager, show him what I have learnt, be confident and see where it takes me. It would be amazing for me to come back here, but I am here for myself and my future really. That might sound selfish, but I have to develop as a player. Here, I am massively in my comfort zone and would obviously be a bit different if I could go out and perform and express myself at other club? I don't know, but we will see what happens. It would be amazing to come back, but is it best for me? We will have to see in the future but, for now, I am focused on finishing my job here and we will see what the future holds.

I know all the players, the manager has come in and I know how the manager wants to play now and overall, yeah, it could work out massively... But like I said, it's not really down to me, we will have to see what both clubs agree and what Fulham think is best for me because, at the end of the day, I am their player."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/05/stansfield-nears-end-of-emotional-exeter-loan/

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Leno nominated for Premier League save of month
Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno has been nominated for the Premier League save of the month award after his superb stop to deny Erling Haaland a second goal last Sunday.

The German international made a brilliant low save at his near post to prevent the Norwegian striker from scoring at the start of the second half and that intervention has been nominated for the Castro save of the month for April.

Leno faces competition from West Ham number one Lukasz Fabianski, the Manchester United custodian David de Gea, Leicester's Daniel Iversen, Arsenal and England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale and Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga.

The award is decided by a public vote and Leno will need the support of the Fulham fans. You can back Leno here until noon on Bank Holiday Monday, with the winner announced on Friday at 2pm.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/05/leno-nominated-for-premier-league-save-of-month/

WhiteJC

Carlton Palmer selects ideal Joe Bryan transfer destination amid Bristol City, Millwall, Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff interest
Bryan is out of contract at Fulham this summer and ex-England international Palmer believes he knows the right place for his next move

Joe Bryan's time at Fulham is set to come to an end this summer.
The left-back, who was the hero in the Cottagers' 2020 Championship play-off final against Brentford by scoring twice to earn promotion for the club, has been on loan at French outfit Nice for the entirety of the 2022-23 season, but he's failed to really feature.

Despite his lack of game-time in recent times, Bryan is a wanted man this summer when his contract expires at Craven Cottage, with a whole host of Championship clubs keen on his services.

Who is linked with Joe Bryan this summer?
The Bristol Post reported earlier in the week that Bryan's former club Bristol City are keen on bringing him back to Ashton Gate, with a left-back needed due to Jay DaSilva's expected departure.

They aren't the only club looking to entice Bryan though, as Blackburn Rovers, Millwall, Stoke City, Swansea and Cardiff are all keen on the 29-year-old as well.

The only two managers to have commented on the Bryan speculation are Bristol City boss Nigel Pearson and Millwall's Gary Rowett.

Naturally, they have both been coy on the links to the left-sided player, especially as the season is still not finished yet.

"For somebody like Joe Bryan who has been here before, let's be absolutely clear, the only way that we would be interested is - it wouldn't be a sentimental journey," Pearson told the Bristol Post.

"It would be one in which if he's very keen to be a success here then obviously that's an important aspect of it.

"We only want to go out there and bring players in who are hungry for success and want to improve us as a football club and themselves individually so all those things remain the same."

Rowett meanwhile has said: "I'm not going to rule anyone in or rule anyone out.

"I haven't sat down and specifically nailed down which players we are going to be looking to sign.

"He is a good player. He's been a good player for a number of years at this level.

I'm sure there will be a lot of interest from lots of teams in someone like him."

Ex-England international Carlton Palmer meanwhile has an ideal destination for Bryan next - and it's no surprise to see he favours a return to his home city.

Where does Carlton Palmer think is the best destination for Joe Bryan?
"Joe Bryan has attracted a lot of interest from Bristol City, Cardiff, Millwall, Swansea and Stoke - currently on loan at Nice at the moment, obviously he was previously at Bristol City and was sold from there," Palmer exclusively told Football League World.

"So, I think he's interested in going back to Bristol City, I think it would be a good move for him, he can see the club's getting an upward trajectory under Nigel Pearson.

"So, I think it will put them in a strong position and I think it's a good move from Nigel Pearson."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/carlton-palmer-selects-ideal-joe-bryan-transfer-destination-amid-bristol-city-millwall-blackburn-rovers-and-cardiff-interest/

WhiteJC

"I don't want to go back" – Fulham star wants to retire in England, would be 'perfect' ending to career

It appears that Willian's short spell at Corinthians before he was rescued by Fulham has really left a mark on him.

This is what he revealed to Premier League Brazil, relayed by UOL on Friday, where was asked about the last few years of his career, and what he plans on doing going forward.

The winger was brought back to England by Fulham after his stint at Corinthians was cut short, and he has repaid that faith with some good performances under Marco Silva.

The 34-year-old, who is currently injured, has played a key role at Craven Cottage this season, scoring three goals and assisting another four in 26 appearances in all competitions.

His contract with Fulham expires in June, and while he might renew, he knows one thing for certain, which is he won't be looking to return to his home country to play football.

He said to the outlet: "I don't want to go back to Brazil ever again. I already had that thought since before Corinthians, but I already thought about continuing until the end in Europe. And now, I intend to finish it out here, whether in Europe, the United States or elsewhere.

"If it can be in England, that would be perfect. I intend to play another four or five years, but people never know because football changes a lot."

Prior to his time at Fulham, Willian had played in the Premier League with both Chelsea and Arsenal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-dont-want-go-back-fulham-star-wants-retire-england-perfect-ending-career/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva sets Fulham points target ahead of Premier League run-in
Fulham last hit 53 points in 2008-09 under Roy Hodgson, ultimately finishing seventh that campaign.

Marco Silva vowed Fulham would do everything they could to match their best-ever Premier League points tally with just four opportunities left to meet the objective.

Fulham last hit 53 points in 2008-09 under Roy Hodgson, ultimately finishing seventh that campaign.

Silva's 10th-placed Cottagers are still eight points away from repeating that feat and have their next opportunity to move closer when they host relegation-threatened Leicester on Monday.

"We are going to fight for it," said Silva. "We are going to fight because it's a target for us, clearly it's a target for us. We have 12 points to fight for and we are going to do our best.

"As always, game by game, thinking the next one will be a very good one at home at the Cottage that we want to do our best and we are going to do our best to win.

"It's there, the target is there but realistically we are going to have to fight really hard to get it."

Silva's side are hoping to bounce back from three-consecutive losses, including Wednesday night's Liverpool encounter decided by Mohamed Salah's 39th-minute penalty – awarded following a VAR decision the Fulham boss reiterated should not have gone the Reds' way.

He said: "Liverpool clearly didn't deserve the result. It was a clear mistake that made us to lose the match and that penalty that I repeat is embarrassing, that decision and of course it's up to us to react, to go again and to do our best to take the three points."

Fulham's second-most recent loss was at the hands of surging table-toppers Manchester City, who presented a very different challenge from the one expected from the 16th-placed Foxes on Monday.

Silva will be without midfielder Andreas Pereira and skipper Tim Ream, who were both ruled out for the rest of the season following injuries sustained in the City clash.

Dean Smith's men are outside the drop zone on goal difference alone and Silva expects their precarious position to be a dangerous motivator come the Bank Holiday.

He added: "Probably the next game against Leicester will probably be even more difficult than against City and Liverpool.

"People probably don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Leicester is a better team than the other two, that's not what I'm saying, but they're fighting for their lives.

"They come to play in a different way than the other two teams against us and of course, it will be a tough one, a good test, another one for us at the Cottage with our fans and of course we have to play as best as we can to win the game."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-marco-silva-premier-league-roy-hodgson-leicester-b2333275.html

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Marco Silva still fuming over Liverpool penalty call; vows to push for record-breaking season

Marco Silva vowed Fulham would do everything they could to match their best-ever Premier League points tally with just four opportunities left to meet the objective.

Silva's 10th-placed Cottagers are still eight points away from repeating that feat and have their next opportunity to move closer when they host relegation-threatened Leicester on Monday.

"We are going to fight for it," said Silva. "We are going to fight because it's a target for us, clearly it's a target for us. We have 12 points to fight for and we are going to do our best.

"As always, game by game, thinking the next one will be a very good one at home at the Cottage that we want to do our best and we are going to do our best to win.

"It's there, the target is there but realistically we are going to have to fight really hard to get it."

Silva's side are hoping to bounce back from three-consecutive losses, including Wednesday night's Liverpool encounter decided by Mohamed Salah's 39th-minute penalty – awarded following a VAR decision the Fulham boss reiterated should not have gone the Reds' way.

He said: "Liverpool clearly didn't deserve the result. It was a clear mistake that made us to lose the match and that penalty that I repeat is embarrassing, that decision and of course it's up to us to react, to go again and to do our best to take the three points."

Fulham's second-most recent loss was at the hands of surging table-toppers Manchester City, who presented a very different challenge from the one expected from the 16th-placed Foxes on Monday.

Silva will be without midfielder Andreas Pereira and skipper Tim Ream, who were both ruled out for the rest of the season following injuries sustained in the City clash.

Dean Smith's men are outside the drop zone on goal difference alone and Silva expects their precarious position to be a dangerous motivator come the Bank Holiday.

He added: "Probably the next game against Leicester will probably be even more difficult than against City and Liverpool.

"People probably don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Leicester is a better team than the other two, that's not what I'm saying, but they're fighting for their lives.

"They come to play in a different way than the other two teams against us and of course, it will be a tough one, a good test, another one for us at the Cottage with our fans and of course we have to play as best as we can to win the game."

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-boss-marco-silva-still-fuming-over-liverpool-penalty-call-vows-to-push-for-record-breaking-season

WhiteJC

Leno Targeting Three Wins

Bernd Leno joins Marco Silva in his motivation to see Fulham surpass 53 points this season.

With the Whites currently sat on 45 there is little margin for error, but Leno and his teammates are keen to end an already excellent campaign on a high.

"[Silva] said after the Liverpool game that we've got four finals to go," he stated. "You could see against City, against Liverpool, we are not preparing for holidays or whatever, we want to give something back to the fans because their support was amazing.

"Also, there's still the Club record to beat. We need three wins, which is ambitious but not impossible. We have two home games, we play at Old Trafford and we know what happened at Old Trafford a couple of months ago.

"Good challenges and we are looking forward to it, and let's see what will happen at the end of the season.

"I think it's been a great season, from all of us. For me personally as well, I'm very happy with my performances.

"We can be happy, we can be proud with what we've achieved this season. We were not even close to the relegation battle, that was the main target.

"And also the way we played was very impressive, but we still have four games to go. We'll try to win all of them to give the fans something back, because they've been amazing."

Monday's opponents Leicester City need every point they can get in their fight for survival, and Leno wants Fulham to take inspiration from our performance against another side down the bottom recently.

"It's completely two situations [for Fulham and Leicester], but we had that the other week against Leeds," he explained. "They are fighting for their lives, but we still beat them 2-1, we dominated them, so we will prepare the same as we did against Leeds.

"It will probably be a similar game, and we're playing for the three points because we want to win.

"We're playing at home, where we deserved more in the last game. We have to get the win, nothing else."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/may/05/leno-targeting-three-wins/

WhiteJC

Fulham could 'quickly make a move' for Austria international – Club want at least €20m

It appears that Fulham are heading into direct competitions with other clubs to try and sign Kevin Danso from RC Lens.

That's according to Jeunes Footeux, who cover other bits and bobs about the Austrian's future at the Ligue 1 club, and mention the Craven Cottage side.

While other Premier League clubs have been linked with the towering centre-back, it's Fulham who are brought up here, with it claimed they could 'quickly make a move' for the 24-year-old.

For those who don't remember, Danso already has some experience in England, having spent some time on loan at Southampton back in 2020 when they brought him in for a year from FC Augsburg.

That didn't quite go to plan, which is why he returned there before being sold to Lens in 2021 for a small fee of €5.5m.

He has since become a rock in the north of France, and appears to have caught the eye of Marco Silva, who appears intent on making a move for him at Fulham.

As for the price, the belief is a fee of at least €20m will be needed, although with Champions League potentially returning to Lens if they manage to stay in the top three, it might end up being more than that.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-quickly-make-move-austria-international-club-want-least-e20m/

WhiteJC

Manchester United (A) Tickets

Tickets for Fulham's final fixture of the season against Manchester United go on sale from Wednesday 10th May, 10am.

In their final fixture of the 22/23 campaign, The Whites make the journey to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United on Sunday 28th May, kick-off 4.30pm.

Fulham will be looking to end the season on a high and take all three points in this Premier League clash.

Tickets for this match will be released to 22/23 Season Ticket Holders (4 tickets per person) on Wednesday 10th May, 10am. Tickets will then be released to 22/23 Members on Friday 12th May, 10am (4 tickets per person) and then to Supporters with a Previous Booking History on Monday 15th May, 10am (4 tickets per person).

Adult tickets for this fixture are priced at £30, with over 65's tickets priced at £15 and junior ticket prices starting at £10.

BUY TICKETS FROM WEDNESDAY

Fans will be able to secure their seats online at tickets.fulhamfc.com or by calling the Fulham FC Ticket Office on 0203 871 0810, or by visiting the Ticket Office in person.

Please note, supporters will need to ensure they are logged in to their OneFulham Account and have linked their ticketing account in order to purchase online. For more information on the OneFulham Account, please click here.

More information about this fixture can be found here.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/may/05/manchester-united-a-tickets/

WhiteJC

Silva says Leicester will be dangerous
Marco Silva says relegation-threatened Leicester City will be dangerous opponents for Fulham when they arrive at Craven Cottage on Bank Holiday Monday.

"That will be a really dangerous game. After the Liverpool match, I said that probably the next game against Leicester will be even more difficult than City and Liverpool. Of course, people probably don't understand what I was saying, I'm not saying that Leicester is a better team than the other two, but in terms of they are fighting for their lives.

They'll come here to play in a different way to the other two teams against us, and it will be a tough one, a good test, another one for us. Another good test for us at the Cottage with our fans, and we have to play as best we can do in the game, because it will be tough one.

A team that is really strong on the counter attack, we are going to try to have command of the game. They are strong, [Jamie] Vardy in any moment of the game can punish you, as well with the support from players like [Harvey] Barnes or [James] Maddison. They are a good side but fighting for their lives in a position that they didn't expect to be in."

The Fulham head coach has challenged his side to beat the Premier League points record achieved by Roy Hodgson's side in 2009.

"We are going to fight for it, because it's a target for us. We have 12 points to fight for, four games to fight for, and we are going to do our best. As always, game by game, thinking about the next one. That will be a very good one at the Cottage that we want to do our best in to win, but the target is there, it's realistic, and we have to fight really hard to get it."

Silva professed himself pleased that Fulham are not worried by the drop themselves having enjoyed an excellent season.

"We are going to be in a different fight, and we have to be pleased of course, we have to be really proud, because I knew what everyone was saying at the beginning of the season about Fulham, I knew that we were the favourites, some people even without doubts that we will be the first one to get relegated, and of course we have to be pleased.

Not because what the people said, because it's normal, they have to comment, they have to give their opinions. Much, much, much more for ourselves. Firstly, for our fans because the last two seasons in the Premier League were really tough for them and they deserve much more and, also, because I believe and I said from the last days of last season that I felt that the club belongs in the Premier League, this football club belongs in the Premier League, and we showed that during this season."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/05/silva-says-leicester-will-be-dangerous/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney referee penalty claim in Liverpool loss 'definitely not true'

Fulham captain Tom Cairney made the claim after his side lost 1-0 to Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday

Stuart Attwell didn't admit he made a mistake in awarding Liverpool a penalty in their win over Fulham, despite claims to the contrary from Tom Cairney, it has been reported.

Fulham captain Cariney said in an interview following his side's 1-0 defeat at Anfield on Wednesday that referee Attwell told one of his team-mates that he made a mistake in awarding a first-half penalty after Darwin Nunez was brought down in the box by Issa Diop.

Mohamed Salah netted the resulting spot-kick, which proved to be the only goal of the game as Liverpool extended their winning run to five games.

"I asked [the referee] on the pitch to check it," claimed Cairney. "He said they checked it. It's frustrating because it goes to other people to make the correct decision.

"He said they checked it, but he said second half to one of our players that it wasn't a penalty, so it's frustrating because it goes to other people to make the correct decision.

"Issa Diop hasn't touched him, Nunez has taken another step and then gone over, and then you lose to something like that at Anfield which is frustrating when we're trying to climb as high as we can."

SPN FC editor Dale Johnson has since tweeted to say the comments aren't true, while suggesting the claim made by the Fulham skipper wasn't on the same level as Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, who has been charged by the FA after comments he made about referee Paul Tierney following the dramatic 4-3 home win over Tottenham Hotspur last Sunday.

"I've checked this, and it definitely isn't true what Tom Cairney said to Fulham TV," Johnson said in a tweet.

"Stuart Attwell didn't tell another Fulham player in the second half he didn't think it was a pen. Remember, it's all recorded.

"It's possible the other Fulham player (who wasn't named by Cairney) may perhaps have misheard something in conversation with the referee, rather than simply making this up. But there's nothing there as was alleged.

"And to be clear, this isn't on the same level as what Jurgen Klopp said about Paul Tierney. Looking forward to the written reasons coming out for this one, showing what PT actually said. Tom Cairney won't get any FA charge for this."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-cairney-referee-penalty-claim-26854761