watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalties

Started by Ludlow Richard, May 08, 2023, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

Leno's save means that the sequence of 24 consecutive penalties scored against us going back to 2020 is finally (and thankfully) ended. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on May 08, 2023, 08:44:19 PMLeno's save means that the sequence of 24 consecutive penalties scored against us going back to 2020 is finally (and thankfully) ended. 

It's good to get that monkey off our backs.
We just need to now get the Elephant out of the room.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Yes, thankfully,and yet quite a few of those given penalties were in fact NOT penalties!
But there you go, and thanks for the stats, as always

Craven_Chris

Could I add, there is also a sequence of 34 penalties going back to 2018, since we had a keeper save a pen...

Jules

Fantastic that Leno saved that. Great to have that long record ended

SG

Having seen it replayed Leno clearly gets the ball first before any contact with Vardy. I can't see how it could be given as a penalty by VAR.
Even the second is a clear dive after only a faint touch

Holders

One wasn't, one was.
One saved, one scored.
OK.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bill2

Quote from: SG on May 08, 2023, 10:10:32 PMHaving seen it replayed Leno clearly gets the ball first before any contact with Vardy. I can't see how it could be given as a penalty by VAR.
Isn't that the reason why we were denied a penalty the other day, keeper got his hand on the ball?

filham

We have now conceded four penalties in the last four matches, is this down to our rough play or are refs homing in on us after the Man.u. incedent.

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on May 09, 2023, 10:16:58 AM
Quote from: SG on May 08, 2023, 10:10:32 PMHaving seen it replayed Leno clearly gets the ball first before any contact with Vardy. I can't see how it could be given as a penalty by VAR.
Isn't that the reason why we were denied a penalty the other day, keeper got his hand on the ball?
I too have now watched the replays and really find it difficult to understand why the two penalties were given, especially the first which looked like a matter of good goalkeeping, nothing more.

Bill2

Just watched the highlights and from what I saw first was correct as no picture of Leno touching the ball, second one clearly a dive. Slight touch to Maddison's leg and he went, clearly a dive.