watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tourists

Started by Shredhead, May 08, 2023, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

On the train back to Brighton today I sat next to a couple of 20 something men, one of whom had a pristine Fulham scarf on. I got talking to them, and they were from Oporto, on a football weekend - yesterday went to Wet Spam v ManUre, today the Cottage.  One was a FC Porto fan, the other Sporting Benfica. They both thought Palhinha is a class act though he'd be off at the end of the season! They said they come over a few times a season for Premier league games- seemingly for games with strong Portuguese connections. I got the impression that they thoroughly enjoyed their visit to the Cottage. They got off at Gatwick to fly back to Portugal.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Jimsbeerbelly

I've a couple of mates who do the same, however, they're British, but go of to Spain, Italy, all over really. This bank holiday, they were off to UD Ibiza who played Albacete ?

Anyway, not sure how they'd know Palhinha is definitely off, he's on a big contract, and it'll take a club in the region of 70M+ to proze him away.

Somerset Fulham

One of my admins who is a mad Villa fan does this.

He travels a lot with a couple of his hobbies and attending concerts on the continent but always factors in one, maybe two games at classic grounds / teams whilst he is doing it.

Being a "tourist" isn't always a bad thing.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on May 08, 2023, 11:45:21 PMOne of my admins who is a mad Villa fan does this.

He travels a lot with a couple of his hobbies and attending concerts on the continent but always factors in one, maybe two games at classic grounds / teams whilst he is doing it.

Being a "tourist" isn't always a bad thing.

Agree, if you like football, it's a wonderful thing to be, a tourist. I'd have done it a bit more if I was younger.

My friends have had some mad times travelling, and experiencing a lot of cultures within the game.

The tourists I can't stand, are those in town, and just think 'oh, lets go to a game today', buy a scarf, and sit there on their phones.