watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our path to 7th place

Started by Thailand Mick, May 09, 2023, 07:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

Just a bit of fun but if we were to win our last three games these are the results that would take us to 7th place.

Villa vs Spurs        home win
Spurs vs Brentford    away win
Leeds vs Spurs        home win
Liverpool vs Villa    home win
Villa vs Brighton     away win
Brentford vs Man city away win

I feel apart from Leeds winning the rest are achievable even if unlikely they would all happen but you never know.shame about the Bournemouth and the west ham results recently.

SerbianLad

I can absolutely see all of those results happening (even Leeds beating Spurs, as Spurs are really poor at the moment and Leeds will be fighting for their lives). The most unlikely thing about this is all of it happening, individualy I can see all of them happening, but results rarely go completely the way you wanted them to go.

S.F.Sorrow

Very unlikely but who knows? Personally I'm not sure I would even want 7th. This season has BY FAR exceeded my expections (especially Ream!!!) and I don't think many of us expected a mid table finish, let alone 7th. We probably won't have enough squad depth for Europe next season anyway. We still need one or two seasons to slowly build the squad and become an established PL club. Europe next season would probably mean either playing youngsters in the European games or end up in a relegation fight (unless we have an AMAZING transfer window of course).

FFC In Oz

Not happening I'm afraid.

I don't think the squad is ready to compete in Europe at this stage.

Happy to bolster the squad in the summer and try and sneak 6th/7th next season  ::scarf::

hongkongfulham

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on May 09, 2023, 08:30:26 AMVery unlikely but who knows? Personally I'm not sure I would even want 7th. This season has BY FAR exceeded my expections (especially Ream!!!) and I don't think many of us expected a mid table finish, let alone 7th. We probably won't have enough squad depth for Europe next season anyway. We still need one or two seasons to slowly build the squad and become an established PL club. Europe next season would probably mean either playing youngsters in the European games or end up in a relegation fight (unless we have an AMAZING transfer window of course).

Maybe I'm greedy but I want us back in europe as soon as possible as you never really know when you will get a sniff. This might be the closest we get for years, even though we will 99% be missing out. Football is so commercial now and European inclusion is the next logical step we should be gunning for. Can't wait to see the likes of Rapid Vienna down die hutte

ianthailand

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 09, 2023, 07:09:51 AMJust a bit of fun but if we were to win our last three games these are the results that would take us to 7th place.

Villa vs Spurs        home win
Spurs vs Brentford    away win
Leeds vs Spurs        home win
Liverpool vs Villa    home win
Villa vs Brighton     away win
Brentford vs Man city away win

I feel apart from Leeds winning the rest are achievable even if unlikely they would all happen but you never know.shame about the Bournemouth and the west ham results recently.
Lay off the wacky, baccy Mick. Hua Hin has affected your thought processes.

Woolly Mammoth

Unfortunately the higher you go the more treacherous the path, ask Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 09, 2023, 11:50:45 AMUnfortunately the higher you go the more treacherous the path, ask Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tennison.

Or even Sherpa Tenzing !

filham

My hopes for the season end,  3 goals for Mitro, a win against Southampton and a draw with Palace to give us 52 points and a top half of the table finish above Chelsea.

All of that would be better than most of us expected and give us a good foundation for next season.

We Are Premier League

After yesterdays showing, think we are less unlikely to catch Brighton then Spurs.

FFCBadger

This team is better than the last one that took us on that wonderful tour, so why not?

We Are Premier League

Mitro to shoot Maunure out of 4th place on the last day would be such Fulhamish end to the season :)

Thailand Mick

Quote from: We Are Premier League on May 09, 2023, 12:28:43 PMAfter yesterdays showing, think we are less unlikely to catch Brighton then Spurs.
think that was a one off they were woeful but have been fantastic all season.

Shredhead

I'd rather finish above Brighton with an 88th minute winner from Solomon against ManUre than get into Europe.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Jules

Quote from: Shredhead on May 09, 2023, 06:26:34 PMI'd rather finish above Brighton with an 88th minute winner from Solomon against ManUre than get into Europe.
Agreed, no interest in Europe for us next season. Our squad is currently paper thin and all the extra matches would affect our league form. Id like us to try and finish 9th (but likely 10th), sign up Marco on a new deal and build/strengthen the squad in the summer to push on next season. It will be a big challenge again to match or better our performances this season. COYW

Thailand Mick

I do not understand why some supporters would not want to finish 7th,when we go in to negociate a transfer we would have far more pulling power if we could offer european football,we would most likely be able to attract better players.I think people are assuming we would have a long run in the competition when we could get knocked out early but that would not effect our transfer activity.

Forever Fulham

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 10, 2023, 04:08:19 AMI do not understand why some supporters would not want to finish 7th,when we go in to negociate a transfer we would have far more pulling power if we could offer european football,we would most likely be able to attract better players.I think people are assuming we would have a long run in the competition when we could get knocked out early but that would not effect our transfer activity.

100%

ianthailand

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 10, 2023, 04:08:19 AMI do not understand why some supporters would not want to finish 7th,when we go in to negociate a transfer we would have far more pulling power if we could offer european football,we would most likely be able to attract better players.I think people are assuming we would have a long run in the competition when we could get knocked out early but that would not effect our transfer activity.
I think people see what has happened to West Ham this season and wonder if our squad is going to be big enough and indeed strong enough to cope with 4 competitions. I think we would be between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea if we qualified. You are however right if we want to be seen as a 2nd tier PL club then European qualification is a must.

S.F.Sorrow

In a perfect world, of course I would want 7th and Europe next season. However, I think it may be better for the long term to take things more slowly. I actually think next season will be much tougher than this one. We won't start the season with the energy of a newly promoted team. Also, we seem to have been overachieving slightly this season. We've had lots of narrow wins. We've scored more goals then xG would suggest. Leno has made more saves than he statistically should.

Of course we've also had some dodgy ref/VAR decisions against us but STATISTICALLY we've been overachieving this season and although statistics don't tell the whole story it's still a slight cause for concern.

We've also got several loan players leaving and some of our key players are getting close to the end of their careers (at least at the highest level). There has also been a lot of talk about Palhinha leaving and there's no guarantee Willian will extend his contract. We might actually end up with a weaker squad next season. I'm not saying this will happen but it might. Personally I think we'll need a very good transfer window just to avoid a relegation fight. Building a squad for Europe will probably take a bit longer. We're not an established PL club yet and THAT must be first priority in my opinion.