watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva attracts interest from other clubs

Started by IloveFFC, May 09, 2023, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew G

Quote from: LC on May 09, 2023, 06:23:59 PMWhy would Silva leave us for West Ham. Silva has already said we have big plans for the summer so he's already looking ahead. He'll be here next season

If the club back him for next season and keep the squad we have, AND if they give him a decent contract, he will stay. If they mess him about he will go, and I would not blame him. I do not trust the owner or the CEO to do the right thing

Sting of the North

Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 09:51:50 AM
Quote from: LC on May 09, 2023, 06:23:59 PMWhy would Silva leave us for West Ham. Silva has already said we have big plans for the summer so he's already looking ahead. He'll be here next season

If the club back him for next season and keep the squad we have, AND if they give him a decent contract, he will stay. If they mess him about he will go, and I would not blame him. I do not trust the owner or the CEO to do the right thing

May I ask what leads you to "not trust the owner or the CEO" in this case? Is there for example any reason whatsoever to believe that Silva won't (or have already) receive a way more than decent contract offer? Is there any reason whatsoever to believe that Silva won't be backed in the transfer market?

Marcel_Gecov

The same owner who bought Marco in to manage us to begin with and has funded us to 10th with some very astute signings... constantly doing the wrong thing that bloke.

andrew G

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 10, 2023, 10:14:06 AM

The same owner who bought Marco in to manage us to begin with and has funded us to 10th with some very astute signings... constantly doing the wrong thing that bloke.

his track record says that marco was a one off. previous errors of judgment mean i am very uneasy he will do the sensible thing.

just to remind you about our owner...starting with a settled mid table team we had three relegations flirted with the league one twice. e also are one of the few clubs that forces you to pay to see the manager interviewed, except when season tickets are about to be on sale and of course there is  the price of season tickets in the riverside.

I agree marco was a stroke of genius, and he backed him this season BUT he has to do it again so will need to see what happens. we are very vulnerable and we need to keep him, whatever it takes (within reason).

andrew G

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 10, 2023, 10:01:52 AM

May I ask what leads you to "not trust the owner or the CEO" in this case? Is there for example any reason whatsoever to believe that Silva won't (or have already) receive a way more than decent contract offer? Is there any reason whatsoever to believe that Silva won't be backed in the transfer market?

good question. i do not trust him to do the right thing because of his track record, which with three relegations is poor. marco was the first stroke of genius so we will have to wait to see what happens.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 10:37:05 AM

his track record says that marco was a one off. previous errors of judgment mean i am very uneasy he will do the sensible thing.

just to remind you about our owner...starting with a settled mid table team we had three relegations flirted with the league one twice. e also are one of the few clubs that forces you to pay to see the manager interviewed, except when season tickets are about to be on sale and of course there is  the price of season tickets in the riverside.

I agree marco was a stroke of genius, and he backed him this season BUT he has to do it again so will need to see what happens. we are very vulnerable and we need to keep him, whatever it takes (within reason).

He also bought in Slavisa Jokanovic so it isnt a one off at all. I would back him now to have a profile of manager that he knows suits us and when MS eventually leaves we will be in a better situation to move quickly.

Deeping_white

Sorry but we were a dead man walking under MAF after Hodgson left and if he'd stuck around for a year longer he would've had a relegation on his CV too because our squad was just getting worse and worse with no investment, and if you think otherwise then you should go and watch Berba on the Fulham Fix podcast

andrew G

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 10, 2023, 10:42:40 AM

Sorry but we were a dead man walking under MAF after Hodgson left and if he'd stuck around for a year longer he would've had a relegation on his CV too because our squad was just getting worse and worse with no investment, and if you think otherwise then you should go and watch Berba on the Fulham Fix podcast

I am not talking about MAF but I knew with him he had a team of top proffesionals running the club and I trusted him to do the right thing. I have not seen that level of competence from the current owner with two season with three managers, three relegations, a son who knows nothing about football in charge of recruitment, and one big bit of luck, namely appointing marco and letting him lead purchases. It is a question of trusting judgement and that remains to be seen with this owner. If he now backs marco this summer and gets a squad in place in time for the start of the season then we know we will have turned a corner.... but even at the start of this season marco complained recuritement was taking way too long.

We all want marco to stay, I think, the owner needs to back him and get it sorted sooner than later and put off others from poaching him.

Marcel_Gecov

I was going to analyse the team the Khans inherited but didnt have time but it was going down no matter who owned us.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 10:50:18 AM

I am not talking about MAF but I knew with him he had a team of top proffesionals running the club and I trusted him to do the right thing. I have not seen that level of competence from the current owner with two season with three managers, three relegations, a son who knows nothing about football in charge of recruitment, and one big bit of luck, namely appointing marco and letting him lead purchases. It is a question of trusting judgement and that remains to be seen with this owner. If he now backs marco this summer and gets a squad in place in time for the start of the season then we know we will have turned a corner.... but even at the start of this season marco complained recuritement was taking way too long.

We all want marco to stay, I think, the owner needs to back him and get it sorted sooner than later and put off others from poaching him.

Ali Mac was his CEO too I believe... I dont dispute the Khans have made mistakes and have had to learn alot on the job but they havent given me much reason to doubt them over the last few years.

alfie

Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 10:50:18 AM

After how many years now, I think his son has learnt a hell of a lot about football, that is plainly obvious over the last couple of seasons. I get that some people no matter how well the Khans will do, won't accept them. As for backing Marco, well even if he is backed to the hilt, he like players can have their heads turned especially if there is a chance of Europe, don't always assume it's the club at fault when someone wants to leave.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Marcel_Gecov

My hope with MS is that we gave him an opportunity in the Uk when his stock was at his lowest and the club and himself and risen together which, with a decent summer of investment, could end up in another top half finish and maybe even European football. I wouldnt begrudge him leaving at the end of next season if we dont get Europe, or the season after if we do. I get the vibe he doesnt feel we have acheived anything yet and will only leave when he gets us to where he wants us to be.

These clubs who are looking at him will need a summer rebuilding in his image and there's the danger it will fail and he will have to rebuild his career again. He made the mistake to jump too early previously and hopefully he will have learnt from it.

Sting of the North

Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 10:38:45 AM

good question. i do not trust him to do the right thing because of his track record, which with three relegations is poor. marco was the first stroke of genius so we will have to wait to see what happens.

Based on similar logic to your extremely one sided point of view I guess I can say that the track record is actually 3 promotions.

That is of course also a completely nonsensical point of view, but why try to be nuanced...

Woolly Mammoth

Silva should stay in England with Fulham FC as this is where his stock is at its highest.
Hopefully the Chairman will show his appreciation by rewarding him and back him in the transfer market.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 10, 2023, 12:16:18 PM
Quote from: andrew G on May 10, 2023, 10:38:45 AM

Based on similar logic to your extremely one sided point of view I guess I can say that the track record is actually 3 promotions.

That is of course also a completely nonsensical point of view, but why try to be nuanced...

Being pedantic, showing 3 promotions to relegations as a ratio, wouldn't that suggest he's been brilliant in the championship, but poor in premier league over the course of his tenure? Ignoring the obvious though.....(this season).

TC's Sporran

i reckon he would be much more tempted to do one if a big portuguese/european club came sniffing. because then he would be a thousand miles or so from the flak. much easier to ignore. whereas moving to west ham might have constant embarassing/awkward reminders that he'd basically shat on the one club that went out on a limb to give him a chance to mend his broken reputation.