more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva attracts interest from other clubs

Started by IloveFFC, May 09, 2023, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IloveFFC

LC

Why would Silva leave us for West Ham. Silva has already said we have big plans for the summer so he's already looking ahead. He'll be here next season

South Coast White

Quote from: LC on May 09, 2023, 06:23:59 PMWhy would Silva leave us for West Ham. Silva has already said we have big plans for the summer so he's already looking ahead. He'll be here next season
providing he gets the funds required to build on what he currently has.

filham

Spurs or West Ham could be attractive to Silva, London based, big stadiums, big salary, big transfer budget and a chance of Europe and Silverware.

It is double edged for us as Mitro and Palhina could quickly follow him .
Our chairman needs to do some good persuasive talking before the vultures strike.

Jules

I have to admit the situation is a little concerning. I hope the club are trying to sort a deal for Silva. I would have liked it sorted by now. Would rather this doesn't drag on too much longer. Look at Burnley and Kompany. New deal signed and sealed just as speculation of other clubs started.

LC

Quote from: South Coast White on May 09, 2023, 06:31:37 PM
Quote from: LC on May 09, 2023, 06:23:59 PMWhy would Silva leave us for West Ham. Silva has already said we have big plans for the summer so he's already looking ahead. He'll be here next season
providing he gets the funds required to build on what he currently has.

Well I hardly think he would say we have big plans this summer if funds weren't available.

We spent about £50m net last summer and I would guess we have more to spend this summer given our status is confirmed and our new stand is opening which will also mean more revenue.

Lighthouse

Clearly these discussions are started by new virgin Fulham fans who have never experienced any end of season gossip.

Our best players are and will be wanted by other clubs. Our coach will be wanted by other clubs. Or International sides. One or other usually take our best away.

Silva has never hung around clubs for long. But then he has a project here that isn't complete. I reckon one more season before we start the same conversation. Unless we are struggling at Christmas then we will sack him.

Now about out best players.....
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Quote from: filham on May 09, 2023, 06:54:37 PMSpurs or West Ham could be attractive to Silva, London based, big stadiums, big salary, big transfer budget and a chance of Europe and Silverware.

Our chairman needs to do some good persuasive talking before the vultures strike.

WEst Ham arent that big, their best players will always get snapped up by the big 6/7 they have a history of losing them like us

Blawarmy

Somerset Fulham

It's the Daily Mail, a publication that has literally been determined as not reliable enough to be called an actual newspaper.

I'll listen to this stuff when reputable outlets begin to talk about it.

jayffc

West Ham are not a big club

Tottenham are a bigger club but have a history of falling short but with the same expectancy to challenge.

I don't see why he risks moving on when he'll be paid handsomely here already on a new contract. Its not like our owners are struggling for cash. Didn't work out for him last time he did it and he does seem invested in this project.

Time will tell but I'd be surprised if we've offered him a hearty budget for next year to build on.

Berbatov was right in his recent podcast, we need to snap out of the little fulham mentality

SuffolkWhite

I'm sure I read on this forum somewhere that our ffp was in a very good situation and therefore the backing for Silva wasn't a problem.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

cookieg

Quote from: filham on May 09, 2023, 06:54:37 PMSpurs or West Ham could be attractive to Silva, London based, big stadiums, big salary, big transfer budget and a chance of Europe and Silverware.

Spurs and silverware   ::ahah::  ::ahah::  ::ahah::

ron

Spurs looting our talent.....?

...never heard the like of it 😳

hovewhite

While shad funds him in the market no way he will leave.

toshes mate

If a coach's release clause was £100m and one of 'the bigger boys' wanted them then it wouldn't be a deterrent.

Whatever happens FFC has the ability to transform itself into bigger club status (as MAF once proclaimed). It helps if supporters actually believe it can happen too and just smile at all the 'backhanded compliments' we get on the journey. Let's get this season done before we get too far ahead of ourselves and start enjoying what is instead of worrying about what might be.   

alfie

Quote from: Blawarmy on May 09, 2023, 07:41:42 PMWhy haven't we tied him down yet?
Maybe ask Marco, he like any responsible person would naturally weigh up all options that may be available, it's not always the club's fault if someone wants to move on.

Hopefully he wants to continue with his current project, but the lure of more attractive proposals could sway him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Quote from: ron on May 10, 2023, 12:02:33 AMSpurs looting our talent.....?

...never heard the like of it 😳

We did get Alf Stokes from them Ron..... ::smile:: 

hongkongfulham

I'd be quite surprised if he moved on this summer. Remember he was out of a job for 2 year almost, and here he seems to have good input on transfers given the Portugese speaking contingent, and will not be under the scrutiny he would be at Spurs of even West Ham. I think he will at the very least see where he can take it next season, next summer will be another story of course

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.