watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Chesterfield v Notts County

Started by bog, May 14, 2023, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see any of this game? I did from 55 minutes onwards, what a proper football match! The County boss did a Louis van Gal and changed the keeper for the penalties and he saved two. All emotions were at Wembley both on the pitch and in the crowd. A great advert for non-league football.  ::thumb::

::oldgit::

alfie

Quote from: bog on May 14, 2023, 09:32:41 AMDid anyone see any of this game? I did from 55 minutes onwards, what a proper football match! The County boss did a Louis van Gal and changed the keeper for the penalties and he saved two. All emotions were at Wembley both on the pitch and in the crowd. A great advert for non-league football.  ::thumb::

::oldgit::

Yep I watched and enjoyed it. As much as it must be fantastic for the players to play at Wembley I think it would have been better to have played it at a ground that would have been full rather than 2/3rds empty Wembley, the atmosphere would have seemed much better.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

Only heard the updates on Sky but was there a suggestion the County keeper could've been sent off early in the first half?

bog

Quote from: SP on May 14, 2023, 11:18:05 AMOnly heard the updates on Sky but was there a suggestion the County could've been sent off early in the first half?

I didn't see that part but the Spirerites could have had penalty just after County's first equaliser. They did say that the attendance may have been affected by the rail strike. Even then I don't think the players would turn down the chance to play at Wembley       

WhiteJC

Quote from: bog on May 14, 2023, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: SP on May 14, 2023, 11:18:05 AMOnly heard the updates on Sky but was there a suggestion the County could've been sent off early in the first half?

I didn't see that part but the Spirerites could have had penalty just after County's first equaliser. They did say that the attendance may have been affected by the rail strike. Even then I don't think the players would turn down the chance to play at Wembley       

the "problem" was that there was very limited coach travel as County & Chesterfield are only 20-30 miles apart  also Forest were playing at Chelsea and with the train strike coach hire was very limited, it wasn't easy to travel down to Wembley