watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congrats Tete!

Started by SerbianLad, May 15, 2023, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Huge congratulations to Kenny Tete! Very well deserved, in my opinion, our most consistent performer.

It's nice to see that players like Leno, Palhinha, Ream and Tete all improved their NT status because of their performances for Fulham  ::wine::

WindyCity

Tete has been progressively getting better and better as the season has played out.  These last handful of games he's been terrific.

jayffc

For anyone wondering...

He's been called up to the National team.

Also it seems many were hoping for Frimpong to be in at RB....

Looking forward to Tete showing them what they've been missing! Show em what you got King Tete!

Craven Mad

Tete will be great on the national stage. I don't think I've ever seen a fullback so unphased by 'big games' - Kenny just cracks on, does his job, and dominates every game he plays.

Congrats to him - well deserved, and nice to see our players getting call-ups to respected national teams

SerbianLad

Quote from: jayffc on May 15, 2023, 06:03:41 PMFor anyone wondering...

He's been called up to the National team.
Yeah, my bad. I was very busy at work today, and I put that in my original title but then decided to go with a simple "Congrats Tete". Sorry for the possible confusion everyone.

Twig

Fantastic for Tete and also good for FFC. The more that our players gain international recognition, the more that our transfer targets will be attracted to join us.

LC

It looks like he's put his injuries behind him. So strong, fast, great in 1 vs 1 scenarios, and he's added 5 assists this season- although by my count it's 6 assists (they robbed him of one- I think it was Dan James goal he didn't get it for).

Anyway, for me, he's one of the best full backs in the league

Steeeeeeeeeed

I had read before that his dad was a Champion Kick Boxer, but Wikipedia now also says his dad works in the quite famous Bulldog "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam...don't know whether to believe that or if it's a joke... (Under Personal Life)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Tete

😳😊

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 15, 2023, 08:30:17 PMI had read before that his dad was a Champion Kick Boxer, but Wikipedia now also says his dad works in the quite famous Bulldog "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam...don't know whether to believe that or if it's a joke... (Under Personal Life)...

😳😊

Kenny Tete, international man of mystery and our world class right back

bog

Great news! Well done Kenny.  ::thumb::

S.F.Sorrow

Well deserved! Possibly the best RB in the Premier League.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 15, 2023, 08:30:17 PMWikipedia now also says his dad works in the quite famous Bulldog "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam.

😳😊
Which one?   ::cool::

Cambridge Away

It's funny that he didn't play in the Championship. Looking back, was that because he was off form or because Neco Williams was just THAT good?

SerbianLad

Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 15, 2023, 11:26:17 PMIt's funny that he didn't play in the Championship. Looking back, was that because he was off form or because Neco Williams was just THAT good?
Wasn't he injured pretty much all the time. And Neco Williams was playing quite well. Even so, he started last 4/5 or 3/4 games if I remember correctly.

I personally always prefered Tete to Neco Williams, he was and still is a far superior player in my opinion.

Pluto

No doubt he's become one of the best right backs in the league this season. Absolutely top class player.

FFCBadger

He's such an intelligent player.
He needs to teach Jedi how to win a free kick when under pressure.

Well done King  ::wine::

Marcel_Gecov

Worst case scenario (and I hope it doesnt come to this) itll also maximise his value. On that note, does anyone know his contract situation?

Andy S

Tate is one of those players who has stepped up from being a good Championship player to be. Good Premier League player. I've every confidence that he will be able to step up again to his national team

filham

Congratulation Kenny, you have been one of our unsung heroes over the season and really deserve this cap.
Also a great honour for Fulham having a current Dutch international playing for us, I am trying to remember a previous one, E V D S, I think.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 15, 2023, 11:35:15 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 15, 2023, 11:26:17 PMIt's funny that he didn't play in the Championship. Looking back, was that because he was off form or because Neco Williams was just THAT good?
Wasn't he injured pretty much all the time. And Neco Williams was playing quite well. Even so, he started last 4/5 or 3/4 games if I remember correctly.

I personally always prefered Tete to Neco Williams, he was and still is a far superior player in my opinion.
Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 15, 2023, 11:22:25 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 15, 2023, 08:30:17 PMWikipedia now also says his dad works in the quite famous Bulldog "Coffee Shop" in Amsterdam.

😳😊
Which one?   ::cool::

I found a link to the article (https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/met-donkere-jongens-heb-ik-altijd-een-snelle-klik~bf08c997) in the Wikipedia entry. 

I've translated the part of the article which mentions his mother and father:

'My mother is Indian. I don't think many Mozambican Indos have played for Ajax. My mother calls my sisters and me Afrindos. My father also played top sports. He became European kickboxing champion, as a heavyweight. Now he has a security company and he is a doorman at The Bulldog on Leidseplein. In that world my father knows everyone, he has a familiar face. When I go out on the town, he knows where I've been. It gives me a safe feeling.'

I don't remember visiting that one, but I did stay in Bulldog hotel up the road back in the day..!