watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just back from the game

Started by NorthernWhite, January 15, 2011, 06:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

And it would have been a travesty to have lost that. After the 1s half the only way I could see them scoring was with a mistake which alas it was.

Really positive after going a goal down though and kept trying to score. We played well but as we all know, we need some depth up front. Kamara ran a lot but that was it. Dembele looks absolute class on the ball and we looked threatening when he was on. Etuhu was immense again, breaking up play and offering a real physical presence in the middle. I thought we could have done better with some of our set plays today after having so many free kicks and corners.

Good to see AJ score and went running straight into the away end hugging anyone nearby, good  for him and I hope tha gives him some confidence now.

Good turn out as well, well done to all that travelled.

os5889

Thanks NW, please put the nay-sayers in their place, boys did well today!

finnster01

Cheers for that NW.

Glad to see a good crowd travelling. We could hear you well on GJ.

COYW!!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Bilet

Heard you extremely well on the broadcast here in Norway. Brilliant. The Wigan-"fans" was quiet for most of the time.

Peabody

Nice to see some positive comments on someone who was there.

White Noise

Thanks NW. Agree on the travellers - if we keep playing like that away from home the results will come and the crowds will come.

What did you think of Pantsil today NW?

NorthernWhite

Quote from: os5889 on January 15, 2011, 06:38:05 PM
Thanks NW, please put the nay-sayers in their place, boys did well today!
[/quote

Just had a look OS and could see some negative comments. We played well, and just missed a cutting edge in the 1st half but Dembele looks bang on form again and AJ caused them problems.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: White Noise on January 15, 2011, 06:56:59 PM
Thanks NW. Agree on the travellers - if we keep playing like that away from home the results will come and the crowds will come.

Overall he did OK but I thought he might get sent off after the early booking.

One thing I hated to see though was when he was dispossesed and went down as though he'd been shot. He left our defence completely exposed and should have got straight up. He play acted against Stoke a couple of seasons ago and I have absolutely no time for it.

White Noise

Quote from: NorthernWhite on January 15, 2011, 07:02:20 PM
Quote from: White Noise on January 15, 2011, 06:56:59 PM

Overall he did OK but I thought he might get sent off after the early booking.

One thing I hated to see though was when he was dispossesed and went down as though he'd been shot. He left our defence completely exposed and should have got straight up. He play acted against Stoke a couple of seasons ago and I have absolutely no time for it.

Thanks for that. Totally agree. It is pathetic in the extreme. Drives me mad when I see it from other teams players (even if we benefit) but when Pantsil does it I just want to kick him up the lap of honour.

FC Silver Fox

Cheers NW.  Agree with the other posters. There was wonderful support from the travelling fans. I thought AJ and Dembele worked well together, with Clint adding his magic. We definitely deserved AT LEAST a draw.
  I thought Stockdale a little bit of understanding with his back four, but that's understandable. The lad did alright overall.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Walsh

Back from the game also, what was wrong with our goal which was disallowed?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Walsh on January 15, 2011, 08:04:07 PM

Offside.

Worth watching on MOTD, same with the handball decision. Personally, they looked like good calls to me, but hard to tell on the stream I had.

Walsh

Offside? really?

I thought the ball was crossed from in front of the player, be extremely interesting, Dembele + dempsey = amazing link up.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 15, 2011, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: Walsh on January 15, 2011, 08:04:07 PM

Offside.

Worth watching on MOTD, same with the handball decision. Personally, they looked like good calls to me, but hard to tell on the stream I had.

The pitch quality was pathetic. I don't think it was a calculated handball.

YankeeJim

Well I enjoyed Dempsey's "brace". I don't think he was offside but he certainly guided the ball with his right forearm. That call was correct. It wasn't as blatant as Henry but a handball none the less. If he was wearing red at Old Trafford, the goal would have counted.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.