more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's Official...we finished10th above Chelsea

Started by Fulham Tup North, May 21, 2023, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

::scarf::
What a fantastic achievement this season...
Many so called 'experts' had us to go down...
Thank you Marco and the players and support team...
Brilliant effort.... ⚽️👍😍
COYW

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Bassey the warrior

Mathematically they can't finish above us, with their maximum points total being 49 and our minimum 52.

SG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 21, 2023, 06:12:11 PM::scarf::
COYW

::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::  ::scarf::

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alfie

COYW
Not just "so called experts", I know many Fulham supporters who didn't think we had enough to stay up.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

Buffalo76

It's not too late for them to offer the clown a new extremely long term contract and forget about Pochettino after all  ::thumb::

Nick Bateman

Great to get one over our (bitter?) rivals.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Zendra

Must be first time since early  60's in the top tier

SP

Quote from: Zendra on May 21, 2023, 08:06:47 PMMust be first time since early  60's in the top tier

I'm sure Ken Bates vowed this would never happen again?

Colton F.C.

Woolly Mammoth

Very satisfying to finish above them, and 4 points along the way.  Especially as my brother in law and people i worked with and friends whom some of them and have  given me so much stick over the years, all in good fun ( for them ) of course, but nevertheless irritating.

They all have been strangely subdued and seem to be waiting for me to either mock them or rub it in.
But i am using reverse psychology and not even mentioning it and they appear more uneasy than if i had made a big point, that for me gives me more satisfaction by rising above it.
So my philosophy is to keep my powder dry and save it for a rainy day if necessary.

I doubt now that any of them especially my brother in law will ever say a Dickie Bird about anything Chelsea may accomplished over Fulham again, i feel i have educated some of them.

The loudest noise comes from an empty drum, and they may have started to realise that going by my silence, which has caused them to become mute as well.
He who laughs last, laughs the longest. 😂
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: alfie on May 21, 2023, 06:23:05 PM
COYW
Not just "so called experts", I know many Fulham supporters who didn't think we had enough to stay up.

love it✌️✌️

bencher

I don't wish to dampen the spirit. But part of me feels that finishing above Chelsea by a couple of points, in 10th place, in what many are describing as a disaster of a season for Chelsea, is not quite the same as if we had finished in the top 5 or 6 and bettered them by 15-20 points.

The other niggling feeling, is that next season, with the enormous talent they have in the squad, they are likely to be far more effective and it will be a mighty struggle to get close to them. But that's a problem for another day or season, and for now, we can enjoy this season's rare triumph.

filham

Quote from: SP on May 21, 2023, 06:54:43 PMAnd taken four points off them, brilliant.
Afraid Chelsea are a bottom half of the table team and therefore we need to take four points from them.
Just great isn't it , finishing above them.
Where does Lampard go from here, think he will now be behind Parker on any club's short list for a new manager.

Thailand Mick

If Chelsea lose their last two games to Man utd and Newcastle and West Ham beat Leicester then Chelsea will be the bottom london club in the premier league.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: bencher on May 22, 2023, 09:21:07 AMI don't wish to dampen the spirit. But part of me feels that finishing above Chelsea by a couple of points, in 10th place, in what many are describing as a disaster of a season for Chelsea, is not quite the same as if we had finished in the top 5 or 6 and bettered them by 15-20 points.

The other niggling feeling, is that next season, with the enormous talent they have in the squad, they are likely to be far more effective and it will be a mighty struggle to get close to them. But that's a problem for another day or season, and for now, we can enjoy this season's rare triumph.

They've spent what, £600m this season? Our expectations are entirely different. Their failure doesn't counteract our success.

WindyCity

Quote from: bencher on May 22, 2023, 09:21:07 AMI don't wish to dampen the spirit. But part of me feels that finishing above Chelsea by a couple of points, in 10th place, in what many are describing as a disaster of a season for Chelsea, is not quite the same as if we had finished in the top 5 or 6 and bettered them by 15-20 points. The other niggling feeling, is that next season, with the enormous talent they have in the squad, they are likely to be far more effective and it will be a mighty struggle to get close to them. But that's a problem for another day or season, and for now, we can enjoy this season's rare triumph.

Point taken, and let's celebrate a fine FFC season.  Don't forget, FFC can improve themselves over the summer.  No reason why we can't be just as good or even better next season.......

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: bencher on May 22, 2023, 09:21:07 AMI don't wish to dampen the spirit. But part of me feels that finishing above Chelsea by a couple of points, in 10th place, in what many are describing as a disaster of a season for Chelsea, is not quite the same as if we had finished in the top 5 or 6 and bettered them by 15-20 points.

Get outta here!

Its a huge achievement for a newly promoted club.  They probably spent more on players in the past season than Fulham have in their entire existence.