watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Martin Tyler been dropped by Sky?

Started by Nick Bateman, May 21, 2023, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Sky's main commentator was noteable for his absence in Manchester City's title celebrations which confirmed Fulham would finish above Chelsea for the first time ever.

It was also the first time Martin Tyler has missed a Man.City championship match in the 77 year-old's career and one wonders if Martin Keown's sore loser rant last Monday on Talksport was the reason for Tyler to be dropped.

Koewn accused Tyler of being anti-Arsenal and biased without offering any evidence and shocking the hosts Jim White and Simon Jordan. The pair made light of the bitterness and jested, but perhaps he has caused the beginning of the end of Tyler's career with such a blatantly Arsenal supporting channel as Sky.

I recall Tyler screaming the wonder goal by Kanu years ago, and also Tony Adams' goal to seal the title years ago, and he has screamed many of Thierry Henry's efforts, so there is no basis for Keown's mad outburst.

If I were Tyler I would SUE Martin Koewn and end HIS career at Talksport. Tyler has annoyed me on occasion when he chooses deliberately to not roar a great goal in. "The Voice" as was his nickname has recently become "the mumbler" so feeble were his mutterings after a team he didn't approve scored.

But having said that, Tyler still the best commentator Sky have got. They are losing the excellent Jeff Stelling this season and have sacked Graeme Souness (for calling some match "a man's game"). Are they going to lose another anchor man merely because one hurt & deluded ex-footballer doubted his ability to commentate on Arsenal matches on Arsenal TV?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Andy S

I think you watch too much football via tv. Why cannot commentators have favourite teams. Of course they do and so do referees. It might be annoying what they say but people can always take the Micky  out of them as they are fair game. Watching from the stands means you don't have to listen to commentator twaddle

Nick Bateman

I used to go to Fulham when I lived in Putney, they were my local team, but now I've moved out of London it's harder to travel. Peabody knows what I'm talking about.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Rupert

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 21, 2023, 09:29:28 PMwhich confirmed Fulham would finish above Chelsea for the first time ever.

Eh? Probably before your time, but we have finished above them before, 1982-3. In fact, we have finished above everyone at some stage in our illustrious history.

Unfortunately not all at the same time.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

toshes mate

Let s/he who is without sin cast the first stone ... in current society there is no one without sin left and unfortunately the people at the top of stuff (so to speak) really are the worse offenders. 

I mostly watch TV without the sound on, my digital radio is out of date and almost useless except for music, and I read what I wish to read since it is so much more informative when you know or have read all sides of an issue before trying to understand what is going on.  As for football (and sport generally) it is massively corrupt and corrupted and the genuine folk suffer the hardest.