more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro yellow or red card.

Started by sarnian, May 30, 2023, 10:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

On holiday and missed the Utd game.

Now seen reports that Mitro should have been sent off for a head butt and VAR made an error in our favour for once.  Is this true or just people trying to stir things up.

Marcel_Gecov

To me looked like a scuffle in the box where the Utd player instigated it and Mitrovic got frustrated. Blown out of proportion if you ask me :)

btffc

I was definitely worried VAR was going to recommend a red when I saw the replay. Luckily he didn't seem to make good contact.

South Coast White

He's a very lucky guy imo, he clearly moved his head towards  the player on the ground, could very easily have been red.
He has to control himself or get a very lengthy suspension.

Somerset Fulham

He got away with one in my view. Thankfully.

Thamesbank

Didn't look like red to me, just a minor case of handbags

Sgt Fulham

I love Mitro but sometimes he really is a moron. Given the context of the game, to go and do that ffs.

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 30, 2023, 01:51:44 PMI love Mitro but sometimes he really is a moron. Given the context of the game, to go and do that ffs.

I couldn't believe how much he was haranguing the ref against Palace

Between the aggro, the referee-bothering and the penalties, I think he might just be incapable of learning anything

perry geyton

He just can't help himself, PTSD from our last trip there

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Full credit to Harry McGuire for the way that he reacted on receiving the butt and for cooling the situation afterwards.
There are plenty of players who would have made a real drama of it and Mitro was very lucky. Will he never learn?

Ruislip White

Mitro's value to us is immeasurable.  This season however, he has disappointed on 3 counts.

Lack of anger control
Penalties- and not stepping aside for the sake of the team
Taking himself out of contention for Fulham games and turning up for Serbia in and around the World Cup.

The incident mentioned in this thread and another suspension would have had a huge impact on the team.  It would be a pointless one again.

Valuable player for us, and I wouldn't swap him, but I've stopped looking at him through rose tinted glasses.

Twig

Just what he intended by shaping up to head butt only Mitro will know. Thankfully it came to nothing, in part because HM kept a cool head. He certainly saved Mitro from yet another red card and quite possibly from another long ban (given that the FA will be ready to punish him for any transgression).
After Mitro first joined us I thought he was maturing but this season his behaviour suggests he clearly isn't learning and as Ruislip White has suggested isn't perhaps quite the team player we thought.
He's a great player but has the potential to be even better if he could sort his head out.

hovewhite

Hate to say this but silva has to give him   a warning as it seems he gets what he wants from him with little criticism.

Eton White

When I saw it I was really worried VAR was going to look at it again and give a red card. Mitro very deliberately aimed his head towards the Utd player while they were getting up after their tussle in the box.

He's a very lucky boy IMO - he'd really have had the book thrown at him after what happened in the FA Cup match.

Mitrovic is an absolutely fantastic player but when the red mist comes down, he is a liability.

RaySmith

Quote from: Ruislip White on May 30, 2023, 06:58:56 PMMitro's value to us is immeasurable.  This season however, he has disappointed on 3 counts.

Lack of anger control
Penalties- and not stepping aside for the sake of the team
Taking himself out of contention for Fulham games and turning up for Serbia in and around the World Cup.

The incident mentioned in this thread and another suspension would have had a huge impact on the team.  It would be a pointless one again.

Valuable player for us, and I wouldn't swap him, but I've stopped looking at him through rose tinted glasses.

RaySmith

He's the designated pen taker I presume. Remember what happened when Kamara wanted to take one, and took the ball of Mitro?

You need to know in advance who is going to take the pen, and stick to that.

I don't know about 'rose tinted glasses', but Mitro is what he is - emotional, gives his all, really committed to Fulham winning, and sometimes this boils over with his frustration - often at himself and his performance, and I think his what happened v Man u, also his bitter memories of what happened at OT last time.

Not trying to excuse his behaviour, but appreciate so much what he's done for Fulham, and cut him some slack, because of what he's achieved with us.

He'll always be a Fulham hero for me, and do think he's largely curtailed his anger - he plays with controlled anger anyway - that's his game, a strength if you like, he plays on the edge, but it has to be controlled for his own and the team's good, and Marco will be well aware of this.

But we should still celebrate Mitro and what he's done, and continues to do, for the team.

toshes mate

Mitro shows his colours in the FFC podcast (#5) where he is interviewed both pre- and post- red card incident. He may not be to everyone's taste but I see a lot of niggling in these threads. The interviewees in said podcast are not to my taste but I have still watched them all.  It is the net product of the output that matters warts and all. 

Do you people not see what professionals get away with week in week out at X, Y, and Z (BIG letters for BIG clubs or BIG CHEATS maybe). Mitro likes a game and plays it his way to prove his love for FFC.  When you have adjudicators unable to make cogent and consistent decisions then an even more 'innocent' version of Mitro  would be/could be in much more trouble. Mull over the decisions in the Barnsley v Wednesday and register just how much 'luck' there is to winning close games. When you're red carded for someone else oscar winning injury deception then you know football knows no justice a lot of the time. To see it ruin your promotion chances is something else too. 

And we have been there too - remember Reading and a certain handball. 

Southcoastffc

Quote from: toshes mate on June 01, 2023, 04:52:42 PMMitro shows his colours in the FFC podcast (#5) where he is interviewed both pre- and post- red card incident. He may not be to everyone's taste but I see a lot of niggling in these threads. The interviewees in said podcast are not to my taste but I have still watched them all.  It is the net product of the output that matters warts and all. 

Do you people not see what professionals get away with week in week out at X, Y, and Z (BIG letters for BIG clubs or BIG CHEATS maybe). Mitro likes a game and plays it his way to prove his love for FFC.  When you have adjudicators unable to make cogent and consistent decisions then an even more 'innocent' version of Mitro  would be/could be in much more trouble. Mull over the decisions in the Barnsley v Wednesday and register just how much 'luck' there is to winning close games. When you're red carded for someone else oscar winning injury deception then you know football knows no justice a lot of the time. To see it ruin your promotion chances is something else too. 

And we have been there too - remember Reading and a certain handball. 
Pardon?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jims Dentist

He so needs to control himself on the field, too much aggression
Also time for him to relinquish pens.