watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Decordova-Reid named in the Premiership Worst XI

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 30, 2023, 06:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rightwhite

Criminal really that these alleged sports journalists call themselves that. They clearly have no clue what contribution BDR has made to FFC in what has been a memorable season. Clowns

Nick Bateman

As a supporter one feels the need to loyally defend one of our players. The crass manner the Daily Mail criticized him is not the ideal medium and I concur with some of the objections to that article. There are many other misfits playing for so-called top clubs who have been spared of such ignomany.

But for me when DeCordova-Reid plays he weakens the team, often losing the ball cheaply or blindly passing to the opposition.

Marco Silva has used him far too much and I wonder what he sees in him. He's a bit of a headless chicken running around aimlessly doing virtually nothing whilst appearing busy.

You may have seen my comments about him throughout the season, it's my opinion about an honest, hard-working player, but unlike his namesake Harrison Reed who is productive in his application, BDR is not.

Fulham should sell him, he is the worst player in our squad.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 31, 2023, 03:32:51 PMAs a supporter one feels the need to loyally defend one of our players. The crass manner the Daily Mail criticized him is not the ideal medium and I concur with some of the objections to that article. There are many other misfits playing for so-called top clubs who have been spared of such ignomany.

But for me when DeCordova-Reid plays he weakens the team, often giving the losing the ball cheaply or blindly passing to the opposition.

Marco Silva has used him far too much and I wonder what he sees in him. He's a bit of a headless chicken running around aimlessly doing virtually nothing whilst appearing busy.

You may have seen my comments about him throughout the season, it's my opinion about an honest, hard-working player, but unlike his namesake Harrison Reed who is productive in his application, BDR is not.

Fulham should sell him, he is the worst player in our squad.
Winner of today's most ridiculous post.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

I Ronic

Bobby's made 35 appearances on the league this season (a fair few from the bench and not all in his favorite postion) and scored 4. Harry Wilson has made 28 and scored 2.
   I only mention Harry NB in making the point that Bobby does what Marco asks of him.

filham

I have been a little disappointed in BDR since his arrival at the Cottage, he has never displayed the quality as I striker that I was expecting, in fact he has on several occasions demonstrated that he is capable of missing goal scoring chances.
However as time has passed I have gained more and more respect for him. His work rate is high and his willingness to play in different positions is commendable, he really is a good team player and the squad would be weaker without him.

No way does he deserve this treatment.

bobbo

Extremely hurtful and if he hadn't appeared on this list another poor lad would have . What kind of moron decides to contrive such a list .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

jarv

Daily Mail....toilet paper. Rdiculous rag. Will print any nonsense made up in a back room somewhere.

TheRealMB

bullpoo article.  Which of the 5 positions he played did they evaluate him at?  Dude is a great player for us because he can slot in almost anywhere.  Keeps us from spending money on depth unnecessarily and gives us better negotiating leverage when we look at depth.  Why overpay for a backup winger? Or for that matter a backup RB? Even can slot in at the 10 or in desperate times the 9.  Cost 20M or more to add 4 squad players to do what he does for us.

b+w geezer

Not only a silly verdict on Bobby -- the basis of judgement is rank amateur.

Even the best players touch the ball for less than a handful of minutes per match. Is the suggestion that the other 87 or so are irrelevant? The football pros don't reckon that, do they?

When their team's in possession, coaches want intelligent movement to show for the ball, or the making of diversionary runs. When out of possession, they want passing lanes to be blocked and whatever approach to pressing has been agreed pre-match.

The judgements made in this article factor in none of this -- either for those named in the team and anyone else.