News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who do we want to win the Cup Final tomorrow?

Started by Fulham 442, June 02, 2023, 05:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

I will go for my traditional small meteorite strike on the centre circle (just enough to take out the stadium while leaving the rest of West London intact, the Wembley Miracle, the Sun will dub it) roughly ten minutes after kick off, late enough to ensure the stragglers are picked off too.

As a bonus, all the FA bigwigs will be there too.

Win, win!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 02, 2023, 05:17:15 PMI'll go first.  City for me.  So disappointed that we didn't get anything out of our three games against United this season and we should have won at least one!  Not that I'm holding any resentment ....

City. Both teams were very lucky against us this season but Utd are just unbearable.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I want United to Win, but I think they have just a very small chance unfortunately.

This City team is undoubtedly great, but  it has all come from the takeover in 2008, I do not associate any real history or passion with Man City (unlike with the other big teams, well Chelski are similar for sure), so I just don't want them to do the treble really....as a Club they just do not deserve it.

At least with Haaland and Grealish they are least seem to have a bit of a personality this season (unlike before), bit still don't "feel" anything about them particularly, apart from a cold passionless bunch of footballing robots in general, under one of the all.time great coaches.

EN1 FFC

City.
The fans who were with them in Division 1 are still living the dream. Like when we got Al Fayed we started to dream, not many clubs liked us for it, spending big and climbing the Divisions.
City have broken the big 6 monopoly, it was the only way they were going to break those clubs dominance.  Now Newcastle have joined them and those other clubs fans don't like the competition.
May be At some point when Pep leaves City there will be a leveller.

Whitestone

City but only because the opposition are Man U.

bog

City. I could not stand that other lot lifting the trophy after our game v them.

Thank you and good night

Ps. Where has the old git motif gone? I modelled for that.  ::tongue::     

jarv

I would be happy if they both could lose. If I choose, it would be manure to lose due to the mess in the match we lost.

Thailand Mick

Apart from Fulham winning something I want Man City to win everything and keep winning everything until someone in the footballing authorities start to do something about levelling up the playing field. Wishful thinking I know but we can only hope.

EN1 FFC

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on June 02, 2023, 11:18:59 PMThis City team is undoubtedly great, but  it has all come from the takeover in 2008, I do not associate any real history or passion with Man City (unlike with the other big teams, well Chelski are similar for sure), so I just don't want them to do the treble really....as a Club they just do not deserve it.

If you go back in history for all the top teams, most of them have in their history started their rise up to the top through unsavoury means and money injection.
Man Utd and the Edwards family have been documented on them, even in Martin Edwards own book as saying his dad was being investigated for corruption and business fraud, which he could have gone to prison for when he suffered a fatal heart attack. And one of their managers Frank O'Farrell was sacked because he refused to be involved in some of their transfer dealings. He won compensation of £17,000 in an out of court settlement after taking them to court.
Liverpool (& Everton) were controlled by the Moore family who ran the 'Pools' betting for years and there were links to organised crime. At the time both Everton & Liverpool were doing a 'City' in buying up the best players in the UK with a lot of backhanders which were illegal (tapping up) (documented again in a lot of ex-players books).
Chelsea, we know about Abramovic and his background.
Arsenal became top dogs when they bought their way into the Top league then stole Herbert Chapman from Huddersfield who had been winning the League. Under the Hill-Woods the Bank of England had directors on the board that pumped money in.
Tottenham had the Scholar plc when fans bought into the club shares but that failed with Sugar buying the club for next to nothing. And then ENIC became the owners under Joe Lewis & Levy while having large shares in about 5 other European teams including Rangers, Basel, & AEK Athens.

So most of the clubs have at some stage created their legacy by bullying & money.
Even our own club under Al Fayed's money manipulated our clubs history. ::wine::  :Khan_you_fix_it:  ::scarf::

Steeeeeeeeeed

The Battle of The Baldies (Ten Hag Vs Guardiola).

Steeeeeeeeeed

Well about 2 hours of build up in and I think I have heard almost every classic "Manchester" band so far,(Mondays, Carpet's, Joy Division, Roses, Oasis 808 State, Smiths, New Order)

I really liked the Tony Wilson Tribute Song that they adapted on the BBC.

They always forget the Bee Gees though, the biggest Manchester band of them all 😊

For me United Vs City is The Stone Roses Vs Oasis,.and The Roses are the better band by far.

Fulham 442

SP

SP

Is it a 3pm kickoff due to the travel problems or fear of excessive drinking?

SP

Poor challenge over the ball, studs into the other players ankle & not even a yellow card?

Sgt Fulham

These sort of decisions make football increasingly boring to watch. Boring manufactured drama.

Steeeeeeeeeed

It's all set up for Harry Maguire to be the hero.

Ronnief

SP

Quote from: Ronnief on June 03, 2023, 03:44:19 PMLooks like VAR want a United win

Yes, the three big decisions have gone their way.