more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 03/06/23...

Started by WhiteJC, June 02, 2023, 11:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham fancy Borza swoop
Fulham are keen on bringing Romanian teenage full back Andrei Borza to England this summer, according to the Sun.

The 17 year-old is one of the brightest talents to emerge from the Gheorge Hagi academy, set up by the Romanian legend who now manages Farul Constan?a, in 2009. Farul won the first top flight title in the club's 103 year history this season and Borza was both a regular in the side and a creative force from his left back role. Fulham's scouts watched him regularly throughout the historic campaign as the youngster contributed three goals and three more assists in 35 assists.

The defender, who has already been capped at under-20 level by his country, set up Farul's first goal in their fantastic fightback from 2-0 down against FCSB. Farul roared back to win 3-2 and seal the title in front of their delirious fans and Fulham are moving fast to beat off competition from Dutch outfit PSV Eindhoven. Borza, who penned his first professional contract, is believed to be flattered by interest from England and the Whites hope to add him to his squad for an initial fee of around £2m.

Marco Silva is looking for reinforcements at left back with Layvin Kurzawa poised to return to Paris Saint Germain after an injury-hit loan spell at Craven Cottage and Joe Bryan set to sign for Bristol City when his Fulham contract expires at the end of the month. It is likely that Borza will initially join the ranks of Fulham's category one academy, but the club believe he could easily make the step up to the first team to provide competition for American international Antonee Robinson.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/05/fulham-fancy-borza-swoop/

WhiteJC

'Damn, should I sign for them?!' Willian admits he had reservations about signing for Fulham last summer
Willian also explains why he didn't celebrate when he scored for Fulham vs Chelsea

Willian admits he joined Fulham at the beginning of the 2022/23 campaign sceptical at the club's prospects in the Premier League, with the 34-year-old returning to England following a season in his native Brazil with Corinthians.

Fans were also unconvinced Willian had the hunger or desire to prove himself at Craven Cottage, but both parties have since proven each other wrong. Fulham finished the season 10th in the Premier League, while Willian impressed across his 27 appearances, scoring five and assisting a further six.

Explaining his doubts to FourFourTwo, Willian suggests they were quickly put to rest once he started working under Marco Silva and with his team-mates.

"Honestly? I was like, 'Damn, should I sign for them?!' In all of my seasons playing in the Premier League, I'd seen them going up and down, up and down, so I remember thinking, 'Going there to fight against relegation will be tough'," Willian admits.

"But then I watched their matches and I saw a very organised team; a really good side. I talked to Andreas Pereira and he spoke incredibly highly of Marco.

"Until then, I'd only played for the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal, but I believe it's been a good choice. Since day one, I've felt fantastic at Fulham and I can only thank the club staff for the way they've treated me."

Among his five goals this season was a strike against his former side Chelsea, during a 2-1 win against them back in January. Pinpointing it as a personal highlight across the campaign, Willian didn't actually celebrate, as he explains.

"Undoubtedly the match against Chelsea [was a personal highlight this season], my former side, for whom I have great respect and affection, where I spent so many years and won important trophies."

When I faced them, I could feel how much the fans still respect me. That's why I didn't celebrate my goal against them in January. A month later, we played at Stamford Bridge and I really didn't expect to be treated the way I was.

"Before a big game like that, you're always nervous. Lots of things go through your head. Will they boo me? But, no, I'll never forget how they received me. When my name was announced, all of the fans applauded, then when I was substituted, they sang my song. That was something I can't even put into words. I'll forever remember that moment."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/damn-should-i-sign-for-them-willian-admits-he-had-reservations-about-signing-for-fulham-last-summer

WhiteJC

Our players out on loan: keep, re-loan, release, or sell?
Jack Stroudley looks at our loaned out players this season and examines their performances.

This feels like quite an important summer, not only in terms of recruitment but making sure we get the most out of those we loaned out over the course of this season. With that in mind, I'm going to be going over those who were sent to other clubs during recently-finished campaign to work out whether to keep, sell, loan or release them (dependant on their contract situation) to try and 'thin out' what is actually quite a heavy squad.

Paulo Gazzaniga
We start with Paulo Gazzaniga, who was loaned out to La Liga side Girona last summer after being deemed not good enough for the Premier League. Gazzaniga started last season in goal for us, but he was replaced by Marek Rodak around October and never really featured from that moment onwards. In fairness to Paolo, he's had quite a good season for a Girona side that (at the time of writing) sit just outside the UEFA Conference League places.

The Argentine has played 27 times so far this season and statistically looks quite solid being in the top 1% for xG expected- goals conceded. What that essentially means is despite facing a lot of shots he has managed to make a good number of saves (similar to Bernd Leno).

I actually wouldn't mind us bringing Gazzaniga back; he's proven himself in a top league and could be a good back-up (assuming Rodak leaves in the summer). His contract is up though; Girona have shown an interest and at 31 he will want to ensure he is playing as regularly as possible.

Decision: will be released and bought by Girona, but in a different world I would've said keep.

Taye Ashby-Hammond
The first of the Ashby-Hammond clan, Taye spent his season out in League Two playing for Stevenage. The Boro had a very successful campaign after gaining promotion to League One alongside Leyton Orient, Northampton Town and Carlisle United. Ashby-Hammond was a key part in the first half of the season and made 26 league appearances up until the middle of January but didn't play from then onwards.

Ashby-Hammond is out of contract this summer and with Wickens allegedly out the door, a space has opened up to be Fulham's third choice. I think that this provides Ashby-Hammond with the opportunity to learn from the likes of Leno.

Decision: renew contract and keep.

Luca Ashby-Hammond
Luca Ashby-Hammond played his football this season in the National League for Aldershot Town. He was a key member of the Aldershot side and played 45 times during a disappointing season for the Shots finishing in 18th. It wasn't the best season for Luca either with some sloppy performances. I think he probably needs another loan just to further his experience.

Decision: loan.

Steven Sessegnon
Steven Sessegnon spent this season out on loan at League One side Charlton Athletic. The lesser-known of the Sessegnon brothers has actually had quite a good season across London, playing in 33 league games and scoring once. His contract is up this month and I'm in two minds. He's never set the world alight at Fulham and making him sign another deal feels a bit unnecessary. On the flip side, he's only 23 and looks to be improving in the lower levels of English football, so a loan to the Championship along with a contract extension could give Sessegnon the platform to build on a successful season.

Decision: new contract + loan.

Kevin Mbabu
At the start of this season, I certainly didn't expect Mbabu's season to go the way it did. Minimal minutes before the World Cup resulted in a loan move to Swiss side Servette. Mbabu appears to have found his feet in Switzerland featuring regularly since the loan move. For me, I think the next step for Fulham is cutting our losses and trying to recoup some of the money we spent last summer while he is still under 30.

Decision: sell.

Idris Odutayo
The defender of pre-season, Odutayo started the season off promising and while a loan was expected, the move to National League side Maidenhead United would've come as a bit of a shock. I actually work for Maidenhead so have had the pleasure of watching Odutayo a fair bit this season and while he struggled in the first half of the season, he started frequently at left-back for the second half.

During the second half of the season he actually played quite well and linked up with winger Ashley Nathaniel-George frequently picking up four assists this season. Maidenhead stayed up on the last day of the season and Odutayo certainly played his part with some solid defensive performances combined with good attacking output. I think the future of bright for the defender but a loan move further up the pyramid is the next logical step.

Terence Kongolo
I'll be honest, I forgot Terence Kongolo even played for Fulham! The Dutch defender was loaned out to Le Harve in France's second division last summer where he has failed to really make an impact. Just 10 starts this season for a side who sit top of Ligue 2 and another four off the bench. I remember during the Covid season Kongolo playing quite well against Wolves but unfortunately never kicked on from there. A player plagued by injuries for Fulham who is out of contract in the summer, it feels like a real what-could've-been signing.

Decision: release.

Joe Bryan
After being deemed out of favour last summer, our Wembley hero Joe Bryan was loaned out to Nice for the season where he could enjoy reading books on the south coast of France. Evidently that turned out to be all he would do with very the defender getting minimal chances in Ligue 1 only playing for 177 minutes. He did score a goal in the UEFA Conference League in fairness but he certainly hasn't played as much as he would've wanted to.

Bryan's contract is up at the end of this season and sadly for 'Jo-berto Carlos' I think his time at Fulham is up. At almost 30, Bryan will want to be playing regularly with rumours of former club Bristol City interested in him this feels like the right time to make the move. Thank you for Wembley, but it's time to say goodbye.

Ziyad Larkeche
A bright prospect at Fulham, Larkeche spent his season playing for League One play-off finalists Barnsley. While he didn't play any part in the play-off campaign, Larkeche was still a rotation player throughout the season. The left back featured 13 times off the bench and with five starting appearances he ended up with 555 minutes of football played this season. I'm sure Larkeche would've wished to play more but this is still good experience for the youngster. With his contract expiring in the summer, I would get that renewed quickly and send him back out on loan.

Kieron Bowie
It's maybe gone under the radar to Fulham fans the season that Kieron Bowie has just had but this feels like a bit of a breakout year for the youngster. Loaned to Northampton Town, Bowie would play 37 times in League Two this season and his eight goal contributions more than helped the Cobblers on their way to gaining promotion to League One.

Northampton Town have already made it clear they want to extend Bowie's loan so this feels like a no brainer. Bowie gets to move up another level and learn in a higher division while still being familiar with a club and needing little to no time to gel in.

Decision: loan back to Northampton Town.

Anthony Knockaert
Oh, Anthony. Knockaert was originally loaned to Huddersfield Town this season but only made five appearances in the opening half of the season. The Frenchman was then shipped to Greek side Volos where he made a further nine appearances and scored one goal in a 5-1 loss to Panathinaikos. With his contract up in the summer this feels like a forgone conclusion.

Ivan Cavaleiro
Another of Scott Parker's Championship signings, Cavaleiro has spent this season playing football out in Alanyaspor. The Portuguese winger has played 22 times this season bagging two and assisting five. At 29 years old, Cavaleiro will want to be playing regular football and with his contract out in the summer, this feels like his chance to move on.

Rodrigo Muniz
You've got to feel for Rodrigo Muniz; two Championship seasons in a row where he's been second fiddle to the eventual league top scorer. Muniz was brought in by Chris Wilder last August and started the season relatively well scoring two in his opening four games. Wilder was replaced by Michael Carrick in October who clearly didn't favour Muniz given he only started one league game from mid-October onwards.

I do think there is a player there, and at 22 he will certainly only get better. Muniz will probably want to find a place he can call home and get regular football and it wouldn't shock me if he was sold. I would like us to keep him for one more year and give him another loan to see if he develops further.

Jay Stansfield
One of the real stories in English football this season, after playing well in a 3-2 win over Brentford, Stanfield was sent on loan to boyhood club Exeter City where his late father made a name and became a legend for the now League One side. Stansfield did quite well for the Grecians, bagging nine goals across the loan spell including a hat-trick on the final day. There will be some calls for Stansfield to return to Fulham next season, especially with Kebano and Willian's contracts still not sorted. For me, I think he needs one more loan at a Championship side before he starts featuring regularly for Fulham.

Overall, a good season for our players loaned out. Some with a bright future at the club and others... not so much. Now is an opportune time to remove some dead wood taking up big wages and focus our attention on the next generation of players coming through at Fulham.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-06-02-our-players-out-on-loan-keep-re-loan-release-or-sell/

WhiteJC

Club willing to sell star to Newcastle for £13m after failed Fulham bid

Sao Paulo are ready to negotiate the sale of Pablo Maia for around £13 million as Newcastle United join Premier League rivals Fulham and West Ham in the race for his signature.

On Friday morning, reports emerged suggesting that Eddie Howe's Champions League-bound side were closing in on their first signing of the summer. Yankuba Minteh, an 'extraordinary' talent nicknamed 'Messi' due to his lethal left foot, is joining from Odense BK in a deal worth £6 million.

Whether Pablo Maia joins him at Newcastle United, only time will tell.

Brazilian reporter Jorge Nicola, via on his YouTube channel, admits to having conversations with the midfielder's agent. According Junior Pedroso allegedly informed him that Newcastle have now joined the race for a player who was the subject of bids from both Fulham and West Ham some six months ago.

"What Junior told me is that Pablo Maia has been the target of a Newcastle scout," Nicola explains. 

Newcastle United now in Pablo Maia race
A 21-year-old, tough-tackling enforcer; Maia is one of the most exciting young midfielders in Brazil. The youngster only recently signed a new deal until 2027, but Sao Paulo are still willing to listen to offers with bids in the region of £13 million reportedly enough to twist their arm, according to Globo Esporte.

The Sao Paulo board reportedly believe that Maia is 'ready' to head across the Atlantic. What's more, the Brazilian giants always planned to negotiate a sale from the beginning of this month, having turned down a number of bids during the winter window.

Fulham failed with a £6.5 million offer of their own, while West Ham attempted to take Maia on an initial loan deal. 

"I'm not afraid to say that Pablo Maia is the most coveted player in our squad right now," says Sao Paulo director Carlos Belmonte. "(For) Pablo Maia, we have polls almost daily. Mainly from English football. English clubs understand that he (would) adapt very well to the English game.   

"He is a very valuable player today. And I can assure you that we have already turned down important offers for Pablo Maia."

Sao Paulo ace 'dreams' of move
Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur have also been linked.

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe, meanwhile, admitted this week that a new midfielder is a priority heading into the summer. The departure of Jonjo Shelvey in January leaves a hole which Maia could fill (Northern Echo).

"Pablo plays as the (deep-lying) midfielder. He gives security to our defence," explains Sao Paulo chief Muricy Ramalho. "He has a good pass too. He's not just about marking (opposition forwards).

"Nowadays, the midfielder has to play too, and he has a good pass. Of course, he does the simple things but he keeps the ball, which is what (head coach) Rogerio (Ceni) wants. He gives stability to Sao Paulo."

Maia, meanwhile, admits that he 'dreams' of a move to Europe sooner rather than later.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/06/02/club-willing-to-sell-star-to-newcastle-for-13m-after-failed-fulham-bid/

WhiteJC

Leno earns Germany call-up
Bernd Leno has kept his place in Hansi Flick's Germany squad after a fantastic first season with Fulham.

The former Arsenal goalkeeper has been outstanding since moving to Craven Cottage last summer and has been named in the 26-man squad that will play three friendlies this summer with Germany already assured of a place at Euro 2024 as hosts. The first game against Ukraine in Bremen on June 12 will be Germany's 1,000 international fixture and it is followed by a trip to Warsaw to face Poland on June 16 and a home friendly against Colombia in Gelsenkirchen on June 20.

Leno will compete with Barcelona keeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and the Eintracht Frankfurt custodian Kevin Trapp for a chance to add to his nine senior international caps.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/06/leno-earns-germany-call-up/

WhiteJC

Club giving up on pursuit of Fulham forward – 'Financial difficulties' holding them back on transfer market

In the past few months, reports from Brazil claimed Grêmio were interested in signing Rodrigo Muniz from Fulham.

With the striker returning from a loan at Middlesbrough, it was said the South American club were planning an attempt to bring him back to his home country.

However, according to Zero Hora, that plan is now ruled out.

The outlet admits that Grêmio had been keen on the Fulham player, but that signing would apparently be too expensive for them.

That's why the club should focus on players they can afford, as they look for a speedy attacker to make a duo with Luis Suárez.

Rodrigo Muniz was loaned by Fulham to Middlesbrough at the start of the season. In his year at Boro, he had two goals in 17 appearances.

That's why the Championship side are unlikely to move to hold him, and Fulham may have to find a new solution for him this summer, at least in case Marco Silva doesn't consider him to be ready for a place in the squad.

His contract with the Craven Cottage side runs until 2026.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-giving-pursuit-fulham-forward-financial-difficulties-holding-back-transfer-market/

WhiteJC

Ream: Silva has built a bond with Fulham
Fulham defender Tim Ream revealed that Marco Silva's creation of a special bond between his coaching staff and the players at Craven Cottage has been a key ingredient in the club's success.

The Portuguese head coach guided the Whites to the Championship title in his first season in SW6 and followed that with a top ten finish in the Premier League – making a mockery of the predictions that suggested Fulham would struggle again in the top flight. Ream, an ever present in the league, until he fractured his arm against Manchester City last month told the Athletic:

"Silva's big message [was] we need to go and just play. Play the way we are. Play brave. Yes, there are going to be losses. Yes, there are going to be times when we don't play well. And in those moments, those are the times that we have to really stick together. And we've done that.

He cares deeply about all the players and I don't just mean about how they're feeling physically on the training pitch. He has conversations with everybody, with individual players, asking how they're doing, how their families and kids are, what's going on at home.

Him connecting individually with players has been a really big key to bringing us back and having this feeling of real togetherness and real positivity. Instead of having that negative, down feeling that we had going into pre-season last year in the Championship. As a manager, you have to have that trust and connection with the players if you want them to — to use the cliche — run through a brick wall, and do everything they possibly can for you. That has been very evident since he came in."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/06/ream-silva-has-built-a-bond-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham target attracting rival interest as defender emerges on radar

Latest transfer news and rumours regarding Fulham as they keep prepare for another year in the Premier League

Fulham adapted to life back in the Premier League with ease this past season following their Championship title win last year. The Whites will now be looking to bolster their ranks ahead of another year in the top flight.

They were linked with Sao Paulo midfielder Pablo Maia in this past campaign and his current club are 'preparing' to receive offers for him again now, as per Globo. He is also believed to be on the radar of fellow top flight clubs Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest so there is competition for his signature.

Fulham could look to add more options in the middle of the park into their ranks. They will certainly need another player in that position if Joao Palhinha was to move on as well.

Maia, who is 21-years-old, would be a useful long-term addition if Marco Silva's side were to rekindle their interest in him. He has been a key player for Sao Paulo since breaking into their first-team last year and they could face a battle to keep hold of him now. Prior to his move to his current club, he had spells at Independente Futebol Clube and Portuguesa Santista.

Elsewhere, Fulham are believed to be keen on Farul Constanta defender Andrei Borza, according to The Sun. The report claims they are 'working' on a £2million deal to land the left-back ahead of the next transfer window and will need to see off competition to get his signature amid rival interest from Dutch giants PSV.

The 17-year-old is being tipped for a bright future in the game and helped his side win the SuperLiga after nailing down a regular spot in their starting XI. He is also a Romania U20 international and will be looking to get into their senior team down the line.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-target-attracting-rival-interest-as-defender-emerges-on-radar-4167674

WhiteJC

Liverpool 'leading race for Fulham's Kenny Tete'

Liverpool are reportedly leading a three-team race to sign Fulham right-back Kenny Tete this summer.

The 27-year-old was an integral cog in Marco Silva's system during the 2022-23 season and contributed one goal and five assists from 31 Premier League matches, starting 29 of them.

Tete kept Arsenal loanee Cedric Soares out of the team during the second half of the campaign, as Fulham threatened a European charge before ultimately accepting a 10th-placed finish.

The former Lyon man has now registered three goals and eight assists from 80 games in a Fulham jersey since exiting France in the summer of 2020, but his contract situation is mired in uncertainty.

Tete is only tied down to the Cottagers until the end of next season, although Fulham do possess the option to extend his stay for another 12 months.

However, the Netherlands international's form is believed to have attracted the interest of Fulham's top-flight rivals, and The Sun reports that Liverpool are at the head of the queue.

Two other Premier League teams are also understood to be keeping a close eye on the situation, while an unidentified La Liga club have been credited with an interest too.

Given Tete's contract situation, Fulham could apparently be open to a sale for just £10.5m this summer as they look to avoid losing him on a free transfer in the summer of 2024.

Liverpool bolstered their full-back ranks in January with the capture of Scottish starlet Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen, but the 19-year-old made just two appearances for the Reds in his debut season.

A serious knee injury and subsequent operation cut Ramsay's year short, but the teenager was already playing second fiddle to Trent Alexander-Arnold, who excelled in a hybrid role during the second half of the campaign.

The England international - who was heavily criticised throughout the season - scored one goal and set up seven more in Liverpool's final 10 Premier League matches, having been given license to roam the midfield during the Reds' attacks.

Despite his new role, Alexander-Arnold remains Jurgen Klopp's first-choice right-back, and James Milner would often provide backup to the 24-year-old when necessary.

However, Milner's exit on a free transfer has reduced Klopp's cover at right-back, while Naby Keita, Arthur, Roberto Firmino and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have also waved their goodbyes.

Defensive reinforcements could therefore be on the agenda for Liverpool, but the Reds are firstly expected to prioritise midfield additions, and they are supposedly confident of sealing a deal for Brighton & Hove Albion's Alexis Mac Allister next week.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/liverpool-leading-race-for-fulhams-kenny-tete_515433.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Liverpool line up Tete swoop
Liverpool are lining up an audacious bid to sign Fulham full back Kenny Tete, according to a report in the Sun this evening.

The Reds are hoping to try and lure the Dutch international to Mersesyide by taking advantage of the fact that the Whites have yet to agree a new deal with the 27 year-old defender. Jurgen Klopp has been impressed with Tete's consistency during Fulham's return to the top flight and Liverpool are apparently edging ahead of two other Premier League sides and a number of clubs on the continent in the race for his signature.

Tete, who headed in his first Premier League goal at Manchester United last week as Marco Silva's side took the lead before losing at Old Trafford, has made eighty appearances in the three years since he arrived at Craven Cottage from Lyon for £3m. Fulham are confident of keeping hold of their first choice right back as they have an option to extend his current contract by a further twelve months and believe Tete is happy in SW6 after following up lifting the Championship title by playing the most minutes of any year of his professional career, which has been regularly afflicted by injury.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/06/liverpool-line-up-tete-swoop/

hongkongfulham

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 02, 2023, 11:30:05 PMOur players out on loan: keep, re-loan, release, or sell?
Jack Stroudley looks at our loaned out players this season and examines their performances.

This feels like quite an important summer, not only in terms of recruitment but making sure we get the most out of those we loaned out over the course of this season. With that in mind, I'm going to be going over those who were sent to other clubs during recently-finished campaign to work out whether to keep, sell, loan or release them (dependant on their contract situation) to try and 'thin out' what is actually quite a heavy squad.

Paulo Gazzaniga
We start with Paulo Gazzaniga, who was loaned out to La Liga side Girona last summer after being deemed not good enough for the Premier League. Gazzaniga started last season in goal for us, but he was replaced by Marek Rodak around October and never really featured from that moment onwards. In fairness to Paolo, he's had quite a good season for a Girona side that (at the time of writing) sit just outside the UEFA Conference League places.

The Argentine has played 27 times so far this season and statistically looks quite solid being in the top 1% for xG expected- goals conceded. What that essentially means is despite facing a lot of shots he has managed to make a good number of saves (similar to Bernd Leno).

I actually wouldn't mind us bringing Gazzaniga back; he's proven himself in a top league and could be a good back-up (assuming Rodak leaves in the summer). His contract is up though; Girona have shown an interest and at 31 he will want to ensure he is playing as regularly as possible.

Decision: will be released and bought by Girona, but in a different world I would've said keep.

Taye Ashby-Hammond
The first of the Ashby-Hammond clan, Taye spent his season out in League Two playing for Stevenage. The Boro had a very successful campaign after gaining promotion to League One alongside Leyton Orient, Northampton Town and Carlisle United. Ashby-Hammond was a key part in the first half of the season and made 26 league appearances up until the middle of January but didn't play from then onwards.

Ashby-Hammond is out of contract this summer and with Wickens allegedly out the door, a space has opened up to be Fulham's third choice. I think that this provides Ashby-Hammond with the opportunity to learn from the likes of Leno.

Decision: renew contract and keep.

Luca Ashby-Hammond
Luca Ashby-Hammond played his football this season in the National League for Aldershot Town. He was a key member of the Aldershot side and played 45 times during a disappointing season for the Shots finishing in 18th. It wasn't the best season for Luca either with some sloppy performances. I think he probably needs another loan just to further his experience.

Steven Sessegnon
Steven Sessegnon spent this season out on loan at League One side Charlton Athletic. The lesser-known of the Sessegnon brothers has actually had quite a good season across London, playing in 33 league games and scoring once. His contract is up this month and I'm in two minds. He's never set the world alight at Fulham and making him sign another deal feels a bit unnecessary. On the flip side, he's only 23 and looks to be improving in the lower levels of English football, so a loan to the Championship along with a contract extension could give Sessegnon the platform to build on a successful season.

Decision: new contract + loan.

Kevin Mbabu
At the start of this season, I certainly didn't expect Mbabu's season to go the way it did. Minimal minutes before the World Cup resulted in a loan move to Swiss side Servette. Mbabu appears to have found his feet in Switzerland featuring regularly since the loan move. For me, I think the next step for Fulham is cutting our losses and trying to recoup some of the money we spent last summer while he is still under 30.

Decision: sell.

Idris Odutayo
The defender of pre-season, Odutayo started the season off promising and while a loan was expected, the move to National League side Maidenhead United would've come as a bit of a shock. I actually work for Maidenhead so have had the pleasure of watching Odutayo a fair bit this season and while he struggled in the first half of the season, he started frequently at left-back for the second half.

During the second half of the season he actually played quite well and linked up with winger Ashley Nathaniel-George frequently picking up four assists this season. Maidenhead stayed up on the last day of the season and Odutayo certainly played his part with some solid defensive performances combined with good attacking output. I think the future of bright for the defender but a loan move further up the pyramid is the next logical step.

Terence Kongolo
I'll be honest, I forgot Terence Kongolo even played for Fulham! The Dutch defender was loaned out to Le Harve in France's second division last summer where he has failed to really make an impact. Just 10 starts this season for a side who sit top of Ligue 2 and another four off the bench. I remember during the Covid season Kongolo playing quite well against Wolves but unfortunately never kicked on from there. A player plagued by injuries for Fulham who is out of contract in the summer, it feels like a real what-could've-been signing.

Joe Bryan
After being deemed out of favour last summer, our Wembley hero Joe Bryan was loaned out to Nice for the season where he could enjoy reading books on the south coast of France. Evidently that turned out to be all he would do with very the defender getting minimal chances in Ligue 1 only playing for 177 minutes. He did score a goal in the UEFA Conference League in fairness but he certainly hasn't played as much as he would've wanted to.

Bryan's contract is up at the end of this season and sadly for 'Jo-berto Carlos' I think his time at Fulham is up. At almost 30, Bryan will want to be playing regularly with rumours of former club Bristol City interested in him this feels like the right time to make the move. Thank you for Wembley, but it's time to say goodbye.

Ziyad Larkeche
A bright prospect at Fulham, Larkeche spent his season playing for League One play-off finalists Barnsley. While he didn't play any part in the play-off campaign, Larkeche was still a rotation player throughout the season. The left back featured 13 times off the bench and with five starting appearances he ended up with 555 minutes of football played this season. I'm sure Larkeche would've wished to play more but this is still good experience for the youngster. With his contract expiring in the summer, I would get that renewed quickly and send him back out on loan.

Kieron Bowie
It's maybe gone under the radar to Fulham fans the season that Kieron Bowie has just had but this feels like a bit of a breakout year for the youngster. Loaned to Northampton Town, Bowie would play 37 times in League Two this season and his eight goal contributions more than helped the Cobblers on their way to gaining promotion to League One.

Northampton Town have already made it clear they want to extend Bowie's loan so this feels like a no brainer. Bowie gets to move up another level and learn in a higher division while still being familiar with a club and needing little to no time to gel in.

Decision: loan back to Northampton Town.

Anthony Knockaert
Oh, Anthony. Knockaert was originally loaned to Huddersfield Town this season but only made five appearances in the opening half of the season. The Frenchman was then shipped to Greek side Volos where he made a further nine appearances and scored one goal in a 5-1 loss to Panathinaikos. With his contract up in the summer this feels like a forgone conclusion.

Ivan Cavaleiro
Another of Scott Parker's Championship signings, Cavaleiro has spent this season playing football out in Alanyaspor. The Portuguese winger has played 22 times this season bagging two and assisting five. At 29 years old, Cavaleiro will want to be playing regular football and with his contract out in the summer, this feels like his chance to move on.

Rodrigo Muniz
You've got to feel for Rodrigo Muniz; two Championship seasons in a row where he's been second fiddle to the eventual league top scorer. Muniz was brought in by Chris Wilder last August and started the season relatively well scoring two in his opening four games. Wilder was replaced by Michael Carrick in October who clearly didn't favour Muniz given he only started one league game from mid-October onwards.

I do think there is a player there, and at 22 he will certainly only get better. Muniz will probably want to find a place he can call home and get regular football and it wouldn't shock me if he was sold. I would like us to keep him for one more year and give him another loan to see if he develops further.

Jay Stansfield
One of the real stories in English football this season, after playing well in a 3-2 win over Brentford, Stanfield was sent on loan to boyhood club Exeter City where his late father made a name and became a legend for the now League One side. Stansfield did quite well for the Grecians, bagging nine goals across the loan spell including a hat-trick on the final day. There will be some calls for Stansfield to return to Fulham next season, especially with Kebano and Willian's contracts still not sorted. For me, I think he needs one more loan at a Championship side before he starts featuring regularly for Fulham.

Overall, a good season for our players loaned out. Some with a bright future at the club and others... not so much. Now is an opportune time to remove some dead wood taking up big wages and focus our attention on the next generation of players coming through at Fulham.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-06-02-our-players-out-on-loan-keep-re-loan-release-or-sell/

I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing

Thailand Mick

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 02, 2023, 11:36:44 PMLiverpool 'leading race for Fulham's Kenny Tete'

Liverpool are reportedly leading a three-team race to sign Fulham right-back Kenny Tete this summer.

The 27-year-old was an integral cog in Marco Silva's system during the 2022-23 season and contributed one goal and five assists from 31 Premier League matches, starting 29 of them.

Tete kept Arsenal loanee Cedric Soares out of the team during the second half of the campaign, as Fulham threatened a European charge before ultimately accepting a 10th-placed finish.

The former Lyon man has now registered three goals and eight assists from 80 games in a Fulham jersey since exiting France in the summer of 2020, but his contract situation is mired in uncertainty.

Tete is only tied down to the Cottagers until the end of next season, although Fulham do possess the option to extend his stay for another 12 months.

However, the Netherlands international's form is believed to have attracted the interest of Fulham's top-flight rivals, and The Sun reports that Liverpool are at the head of the queue.

Two other Premier League teams are also understood to be keeping a close eye on the situation, while an unidentified La Liga club have been credited with an interest too.

Given Tete's contract situation, Fulham could apparently be open to a sale for just £10.5m this summer as they look to avoid losing him on a free transfer in the summer of 2024.

Liverpool bolstered their full-back ranks in January with the capture of Scottish starlet Calvin Ramsay from Aberdeen, but the 19-year-old made just two appearances for the Reds in his debut season.

A serious knee injury and subsequent operation cut Ramsay's year short, but the teenager was already playing second fiddle to Trent Alexander-Arnold, who excelled in a hybrid role during the second half of the campaign.

The England international - who was heavily criticised throughout the season - scored one goal and set up seven more in Liverpool's final 10 Premier League matches, having been given license to roam the midfield during the Reds' attacks.

Despite his new role, Alexander-Arnold remains Jurgen Klopp's first-choice right-back, and James Milner would often provide backup to the 24-year-old when necessary.

However, Milner's exit on a free transfer has reduced Klopp's cover at right-back, while Naby Keita, Arthur, Roberto Firmino and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have also waved their goodbyes.

Defensive reinforcements could therefore be on the agenda for Liverpool, but the Reds are firstly expected to prioritise midfield additions, and they are supposedly confident of sealing a deal for Brighton & Hove Albion's Alexis Mac Allister next week.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/liverpool-leading-race-for-fulhams-kenny-tete_515433.html?newsnow
poor article, how can we risk losing him on a free at the end of next season if we have an option of 12-month extension.