watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 05/06/23...

Started by WhiteJC, June 05, 2023, 09:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool were convinced they had an 'elite' talent 12 months ago, now he's set to leave the club

Liverpool believed they'd signed an 'elite' talent when Fabio Carvalho joined them from Fulham last summer.

Things haven't gone to plan for Carvalho since, with his game time tailing off markedly since the World Cup break. And now, as per GOAL, the 20-year-old looks 'likely' to be playing for a different club next season.

There have been reports that RB Leipzig could well be the side to offer him an escape route. They – along with Aston Villa – have seemingly been trying to convince Liverpool to let Carvalho leave on a permanent basis.

However, GOAL report that Liverpool are 'insistent' that the Portugal U21 star will not be sold. Instead, a loan looks to be on the cards.

It's claimed that the Reds won't yet give up on the player they saw as being at the top, top level. But, clearly, there needs to be improvement from Carvalho next season, wherever he is.

Carvalho with work to do at Anfield
Judging from Carvalho's time at Fulham last season, Liverpool had every right to expect that they'd signed a potentially top player.

Yes, the Championship is not the Premier League, and Fulham is not Liverpool. But still, 10 goals and eight assists for a player yet to get out of his teens is impressive stuff.

Carvalho himself claimed to have designs on winning the Ballon d'Or, and there was feeling that the Reds may have just pulled of one of the bargains of the century.

There's every chance that they still might have. Either way, if Liverpool do decide to cash in on Fabio, they'll be guaranteed to bank a lot more than the £8m or so they paid for him.

But right now, Carvalho has work to do.

With plenty of incomings slated to happen at Liverpool this summer, he's going to find himself further down the pecking order. Game time simply isn't going to come at Anfield next season.

As a result, he needs to get out there and reaffirm that what Liverpool thought of him 12 months ago is still correct. If he can prove that, the future can still look bright for him and Merseyside. Go and show what you can do, Fabio!

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2023/06/03/report-liverpool-were-convinced-they-had-an-elite-talent-12-months-ago-now-hes-set-to-leave-the-club/

WhiteJC

Journo says Tottenham 'definitely do have an interest' in on-loan Fulham star
Dean Jones says Tottenham are interested in Manor Solomon

Speaking to GiveMeSport, Dean Jones has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur are interested in a move for talented Ukrainian winger Manor Solomon.

Manor Solomon, just 23 years old, has caught the attention of several top clubs, including bitter rivals Arsenal. His impressive loan spell at Fulham has undoubtedly boosted his reputation and made him a sought-after prospect in the footballing world.

Hailing from the Ukrainian league, where he has already made a name for himself with Shakhtar Donetsk, Solomon has showcased his remarkable skill and ability as a left-winger.

With an impressive record of 22 goals and nine assists in 106 appearances for his club, he has certainly proven his immense potential. He has taken to life in England very well and should have an easy transition.

When Solomon first arrived at Fulham on loan in July 2022, it understandably took him a little time to settle into his new surroundings. However, once he found his rhythm, there was no stopping him.

He quickly emerged as a key player for the team, leaving a lasting impact on their performances in the latter part of the season. The young winger's progress did not go unnoticed by Tottenham.

Manor Solomon could be an option for Tottenham (Photo by Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

While speaking to GiveMeSport, Dean Jones shed light on Tottenham's pursuit of Solomon

"What I say is he hasn't been a regular, guaranteed starter at Fulham or anything, and there's still work to be done in terms of making him that player. So, I think while Tottenham definitely do have an interest in him here, there are other factors that do need to be weighed into the equation"

While Fulham would undoubtedly love to secure Solomon's services on a permanent basis, they face fierce competition from larger Premier League clubs. The fact that the player is available on a free transfer only adds fuel to the fire.

The potential addition of Manor Solomon to the Tottenham squad would undoubtedly inject excitement into the club's fan base. With his electrifying pace, dribbling ability, and eye for goal, he could be the missing piece in their attacking lineup. Let's see how this goes.

https://tothelaneandback.com/2023/06/04/dean-jones-spurs-tottenham-are-interested-in-manor-solomon/

WhiteJC

Fulham defender wanted by three clubs ahead of the summer as the Whites face transfer battle

Latest transfer news and rumours regarding Fulham following the end of the Premier League season

Fulham will be desperate to keep hold of their most prized assets this summer with transfer rumours inevitable over the next couple of months. The Cottagers impressed in this past season in the Premier League after winning the Championship title only last year.

Kenny Tete has become a key player for the London club at right-back but they could face a battle to keep in the upcoming transfer window. According to The Sun, Liverpool are interested in luring him over to Anfield along with two unnamed top flight teams.

Fulham signed the defender back in 2020 and he has since made 78 appearances in all competitions, 34 of which came in the past campaign, and he has found the net three times from the back. His contract at Craven Cottage expires in June 2024, although the club hold an option to extend his stay by another year on top of that.

Tete, who has made 14 caps for Holland so far in his career, started out at Ajax and broke into their first-team as a youngster. He then had a three year spell in France with Lyon before switching over to England.

In other Fulham news, Joao Palhinha has insisted he is happy where he is amid links with a move away. He has said, as per Eleven Sports: "I'm very happy here and so is my family. At the moment, I'm very happy here [at Fulham] and I want to continue around here. I think it's the league that suits my football."

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-defender-wanted-by-three-premier-league-clubs-4168761

WhiteJC

Fred speaks out on Manchester United future after Fulham transfer link

Fred admits he is unsure over his future at Manchester United following interest from Fulham.

The Brazil international has just one year left on his deal with United, who could sell this summer in order to avoid seeing the midfielder leave on a free transfer next year.

Erik ten Hag is also looking to bolster his midfield options with at least one new signing and talks with Chelsea have begun over a £50 million deal for Mason Mount.

Fred, meanwhile, has been linked with a move to Fulham and was pulled aside for a chat with manager Marco Silva outside Old Trafford on the final day of the Premier League season.

When asked about his future after United's 2-1 defeat to Manchester City in the FA Cup final on Saturday, Fred replied: 'I still don't know, I have to talk with my family, I still have one year left in my contract here.

'Now it's holidays' time and a good opportunity to rest.

'I'll talk to my staff, to the club and see what is everyone's decision. I do have to talk with Ten Hag as well, he's the manager and the conversation has to involve everyone.

'We have to see how next season will plan out. I want to be important, I want to help the team, so we'll see. But I've always been and still am very happy at Manchester United.

'Of course, I always want to be playing, to be helping my team and gladly I started and I think we played well.'

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/04/fred-speaks-out-on-man-utd-future-after-fulham-transfer-link-18895031/?ito=newsnow-feed

WhiteJC

Fulham star gives final verdict on future amid Liverpool, Arsenal links; Klopp will be disappointed

Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha has broken the silence on his future after being heavily linked with moves to Liverpool and Arsenal.

The Portugal international has been one of the Cottagers' most impressive players in a successful season, with Marco Silva's side finishing in 10th place.

Now, Fulham will no doubt be desperate to keep hold of their best players to build on their successful campaign. And, Palhinha certainly fits into that category.

This season, the 27-year-old has made 35 Premier League appearances, scoring three goals in the process.

Generally operating as a defensive midfielder, Palhinha's best attributes are at breaking up opposition attacks. He is also excellent with the ball at his feet, with a pass success rate of 83%.

As mentioned, his fine performances have caught the attention of Liverpool and Arsenal in particular. Although, there are plenty of other teams that have registered an interest in him, too.

Indeed, Aston Villa and West Ham are also admirers of Palhinha, so there is a real fear among Fulham fans that they could lose their star man.

Palhinha rules out Fulham departure
However, in a recent interview, Palhinha declared that he is 'happy' at Fulham. This will come as a blow to teams chasing his signature – but as a major boost to Cottager fans.

In an interview with Eleven Sports, the midfielder was asked whether he would consider re-joining his former club Sporting Lisbon.

In response, he said: "You know the affection I have for Sporting. It's something that has always marked me and will always mark me.

"Right now I'm very happy here [at Fulham] and I want to stay here. I think [the Premier League]suits my football."

Now, Liverpool and Arsenal will have to look elsewhere for midfield recruits.

Alexis Mac Allister is one option Jurgen Klopp undoubtedly looking into. Indeed, the Brighton star's representatives have reportedly flown to England to finalise the switch to Anfield.

As for Arsenal, they are destined to part ways with Granit Xhaka, who looks set to join Bayer Leverkusen this summer.

His departure will leave a void in Mikel Arteta's midfield. So, the Gunners are currently on the hunt for a long-term replacement.

As it stands, Arsenal remain firmly in the race to sign West Ham captain Declan Rice. Although, they face stiff competition from German giants Bayern Munich.

What seems almost certain, though, is that Palhinha won't be joining Liverpool or Arsenal this summer, if his latest interview is anything to go by.

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/fulham-star-gives-final-verdict-on-future-amid-liverpool-arsenal-rumours-klopp-will-be-disappointed

WhiteJC

Liverpool want 27-year-old who made most tackles in PL, more than Moises Caicedo & Declan Rice

Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha made the most tackles during the 22/23 Premier League season and now Liverpool have him on their transfer radar.

The 27-year-old joined Marco Silva's Fulham in the summer from Sporting Lisbon and proceeded to help the previously-struggling Premier League side to a top-ten finish despite being a newly-promoted team.

Over the course of the campaign, Joao Palhinha topped a list not even Declan Rice and Moises Caicedo could get close to and that's making the most tackles (147) over the course of the season (Premier League). The next best on the list is Caicedo with (100), whilst Everton's Idrissa Gueye makes the top three (97), followed by Tyler Adams (89) and Casemiro (89).

It's clear that the Portugal international has got a combative nature to his game Liverpool would love – that's why he is seen as a Jude Bellingham alternative.

Now, there is talk that a deal for Brighton's Alexis Mac Allister is close to getting done, but Jurgen Klopp is going to need more than one midfielder through his doors this summer.

A player like Palhinha is slightly different to Mac Allister, in the sense that he provides more defensive bite and power in the middle of the park.

PALHINHA WOULD BE A SMART PURCHASE BY LIVERPOOL
It's understandable that Liverpool fans were expecting more proven stars to walk through their doors this summer, but it's not how they operate.

Plus, history suggests that those low-key signings or players that have operated at a lower are the ones that work the best.

Virgil van Dijk and Sadio Mane, both joined from Southampton, whilst Gini Wijnaldum, a player the Reds miss, joined from Newcastle United after they were relegated to the Championship, so someone like Palhinha is worth pushing for.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/06/04/liverpool-want-27-year-old-who-made-most-tackles-in-pl-more-than-moises-caicedo-declan-rice/

WhiteJC

'I still don't know... I want to be important': Fulham target Fred admits that he isn't sure if his future lies with Manchester United as midfielder says he will talk with Erik ten Hag before a decision is made

Manchester united midfielder Fred has one year remaining on his contract
    The Brazilian has been linked with a move to Fulham in recent weeks
    He says no decision has been made over whether he will remain at the club

Fred has admitted that he doesn't yet know if he will be a Manchester United player next season.

The Brazilian has just one year left on his contract and United may look to cash in before he could leave on a free transfer next summer.

Fulham are reportedly interested in securing his services and the midfielder was seen chatting with manager Marco Silva following United's victory over the Cottagers on the final day of the season.

His performance in that game earned him a start in Saturday's FA Cup final but he was used mainly from the bench over the second half of the season.

Asked about his future after the defeat at Wembley, Fred said: 'I still don't know, I have to talk with my family, I still have one year left in my contract here.

'Now it's holidays' time and a good opportunity to rest. I'll talk to my staff, to the club and see what is everyone's decision.

'I do have to talk with Ten Hag as well, he's the manager and the conversation has to involve everyone.

'We have to see how next season will plan out. I want to be important, I want to help the team, so we'll see. But I've always been and still am very happy at Manchester United.

'Of course, I always want to be playing, to be helping my team and gladly I started and I think we played well.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12158613/I-dont-know-Fred-admits-isnt-sure-future-lies-Manchester-United.html

WhiteJC

Tottenham chief Daniel Levy suffers another blow as club expect target 'to stay'
Tottenham chief Daniel Levy is currently searching for a new manager, though he is keeping tabs on the transfer market in hope of landing several bargains.

Tottenham have been handed a hammer blow in their pursuit of winger Manor Solomon, with the versatile playmaker expected to remain with Fulham next season. The Israeli international is able to leave Shakhtar Donetsk on a free transfer this summer, catching the attention of numerous top clubs across Europe.

Solomon impressed at Craven Cottage this season, scoring four in 24 appearances at the club whilst being used as an impact sub. The forward joined Marco Silva's side on a one-year deal, and he is expected to be on the move again over the coming months.

Tottenham have recently been linked with Solomon and are keen to acquire his services, with the club taking the decision not to sign Arnaut Danjuma permanently and allowing him to return to Villarreal after his short-term loan deal.

However, Spurs may be forced to amend their plans, with journalist Neil Jones revealing that Fulham expects the forward to remain with the club. He told Football FanCast: "The interest in Manor Solomon is interesting.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1777207/Tottenham-Manor-Solomon-transfer-Daniel-Levy

WhiteJC

The silly season starts here
One of the columns I enjoyed reading when I first visited this website nearly two decades ago as a teenager was entitled 'The Silly Season'. Born out of the conviction that the tabloids didn't really care about Fulham and would fill their pages with any old tittle tattle, Nick and Dan would deconstruct the transfer rumours in a bilingual round-up that offered a smidgeon of sanity as we worried about which one of Chris Coleman's key players would leave that summer.

I never thought I'd be writing articles of my own for the site that always starts my browsing in the morning and ends it at night. But I've enjoyed being part of the hammyend family in the eight months or so since I started and I feel it is only right to carry on the tradition. The silly season started earlier than usual when Fulham announced their season ticket renewal prices. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that the average increase would be almost double the rate of inflation at 18.5% and found Shad Khan's attempts at speaking human (when he said he did the groceries too in an interview with Ally Rudd of the Times) particularly pitiful.

The idea that Fulham will suddenly become sustainable by putting roughly £200 our season tickets is laughable. The club's biggest earning boost comes from the latest Premier League TV deal and the advent of the delayed Riverside Stand, which was always going to be the most expensive part of Craven Cottage following the decade-long rebuild. That Fulham have opted to level this eye-watering increase during the worst cost of living crisis in modern British history seems staggeringly tone deaf but the senior suits know that the day trippers and tourists will pay whatever for the Premier League experience.

The most egregious element of all this is that the matchday experience for those in the Hammersmith End has not only got worse as crowds have increased, but it is now dangerously unsafe in the crush at half time. Using the toilets is fraught with danger and pushing through hundreds of people to find some breathing space is no one's idea of a good time. The club claimed that they would tackle these issues once the Riverside Stand was completed, but have done little to demonstrate that they value their loyal supporters. The Fulham Supporters' Trust's letter to the chairman asking for a rethink on pricing appears not to have been granted the courtesy of a reply.

If this seems a sour note to start an article about Fulham's future plans, that's because it is. All through the pandemic we were told that fans were the lifeblood of the game – but there is a price to loyalty, especially when some families are still having to make the toughest budgeting decisions around what to buy and what to leave behind in the supermarket. Many of the fans now priced out by this increase first bought their season tickets when the club asked them to help secure Fulham as a going concern in the early 1990s, plenty more were part of Fulham 2000 – whose efforts in safeguarding Craven Cottage are commemorated in a plaque on Stevenage Road – and hundreds helped the 'Back to the Cottage' campaign end the club's exile at Queens Park Rangers. Marco Silva himself has spoken of the importance of fanatical home support: it is a real pity the memo didn't reach Florida.

Fulham's first season back in the top tier was fantastic and far beyond even the most fervent fans' wildest expectations. There is even a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that without a run of questionable VAR decisions and the meltdown at Manchester United, Marco and the boys might be preparing for European football. But football moves on quickly and there is no doubt that the second season will be much tougher, as our opponents will be much better prepared to nullify Silva's style.

You can tell the Whites had a wonderful campaign because already the press are doing the best to sell our best players. West Ham were preparing a £40m bid for Joao Palhinha a couple of weeks ago. The Irons were confident of getting their man apparently. There must be some mistake. Firstly, Joao's volleyball skills aren't as strong as most of David Moyes' men and the fee quoted wouldn't be enough to entice Meoaw Palhinha, the lovely little cat that's made Motspur Park home over the last seven months, to the Olympic Park. Palhinha has four years to run on his Craven Cottage contract, loves playing for Silva and his family are happy in London. The man himself ended any doubt about his future in an interview with Eleven Sports this weekend.

I also appreciated the Sun's story on Friday that Liverpool were eyeing up 'a cut-price move for Kenny Tete'. I think the days of Jurgen Klopp pinching some of Fulham's brightest talent might well be over. The Sun stated that Tete was moving into the final year of his deal, acknowledged that the Whites held an extension option, and then plucked a £10.5m fee out of the air. Do me a favour.

Fulham's finest right back since Steve Finnan, who also departed for Anfield, won't be leaving for double that and he probably wouldn't move to Merseyside in any case. There was an interesting moment when Tete was warming up on the touchline during our defeat to Liverpool last month: he hugged and chatted convivially with Fabio Carvalho, who was making a rare appearance on Klopp's bench. If there's ever an example of the pitfalls of the big move, it is poor old Fab who has played just five Premier League minutes since November.

I'll end with perhaps the most hilarious one of all. Frank Lebeouf wrote in all seriousness seemingly that Mauricio Pochettino should make Aleskandar Mitrovic one of his first signings at Stamford Bridge, comparing him to Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Whilst it is nice to see our Serbian talisman being valued at last, there's no chance he'll be moving to the other half of SW6 to become one of their surfeit of under-used strikers. Mitrovic is loved at Fulham and holds a real affection for the club. If you haven't listened to his Fulham Fix interview, you should. It gives a great insight into the man himself. He'll fancy breaking Gordon Davies' club goalscoring record before probably heading home to Belgrade.

The bad news is that was the first weekend of what will be a long summer. There are nine more before the boys kick off the next season – hopefully, we'll survive the sensationalism together.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/06/the-silly-season-starts-here/

WhiteJC

West Ham face impossible task with Liverpool reportedly trying to sign 'elite' £50 million rated Joao Palhinha

West Ham may now face competition from Liverpool for the signing of Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha this summer.

West Ham target Joao Palhinha has emerged as a potential summer signing for Liverpool according to a report from TEAMtalk.

The East London outfit are allegedly ready to pay £40 million to sign the 27-year-old, although it is suggested that Fulham will hold out for £50 million.

Hammers boss David Moyes desperately needs to sign a top-class defensive midfielder this summer, with Declan Rice being heavily linked with an exit from the London Stadium.

And Palhinha would be the ideal addition to Moyes ranks in the summer transfer window, as long as he is signed alongside another top-class central midfielder of course. It appears as though Liverpool will be a problem for us in the race to sign the Fulham star though...

West Ham face impossible task with Liverpool reportedly trying to sign 'elite' Joao Palhinha
With the Reds eyeing up the 27-year-old as a potential summer signing, the Hammers really will have our work cut out.

Palhinha is a very good player and would be a very strong signing for the Hammers if we manage to get this one done.

In 35 Premier League appearances since joining Fulham, the 27-year-old has scored three goals and has averaged 4.2 tackles, 1.3 interceptions and 1.7 clearances per match. He has made 36.3 passes per match on average and has recorded a completion rate of 83.1% (Who Scored).

Football analysis website Foot the Ball describe Palhinha as an 'elite' midfielder.

The Portuguese ace would be the ideal summer signing for the Hammers. His ball-winning skills would make us a much more solid outfit defensively, and he will go some way to filling the void left behind by Rice.

However, Liverpool's interest in signing Joao Palhinha will obviously represent a huge problem for West Ham. Let's hope that Moyes somehow manages to pull this one out the bag.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/west-ham-face-impossible-task-with-liverpool-reportedly-trying-to-sign-elite-50-million-rated-joao-palhinha/