watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool want Tete

Started by ChesterTheTabby, June 07, 2023, 12:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Liverpool going in for Tete for 10.5m... get real.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ffcthereligion

Does anyone know how long he has on his contract?

Edit: entering final year with an option for another. Unfortunately, I would say 15m is the max we ll get for a soon to be 28 year old full back with year left.

I'd rather let him go for free and keep him, but easy to say when it's not my money

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 07, 2023, 12:59:40 PMDoes anyone know how long he has on his contract?

Sadly only a year left I see from the same report.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcthereligion on June 07, 2023, 12:59:40 PMDoes anyone know how long he has on his contract?

Edit: entering final year with an option for another. Unfortunately, I would say 15m is the max we ll get for a soon to be 28 year old full back with year left.

I'd rather let him go for free and keep him, but easy to say when it's not my money

BUt it is right there in your own post. A club option for another year. So in reality he has two years left. 15 million wouldn't be close to worth it I believe.

Free Elvis Hammond

I don't see it. He'll be 28 this season - just looked at their last few windows and they've only signed one outfield player over 26 since 2017. And that was 11-times league title winner Thiago.

Same logic goes for Palhinha

hovewhite

Hope this is paper talk .Just voted for him player of the season.

Whitestone

Of course they want him. Who wouldn't, he's a quality player. Fingers crossed we can hang onto him or if not get a significant sum rather than the peanuts mentioned. Let's be realistic our position in the Premier League food chain makes us a selling club so I hope TK plays hardball when and if any offers are made for any of our players.

Bassey the warrior

He has two years left if we trigger our option, can't see him leaving for less than £20m and they aren't paying that for a backup player.

LC

Really? He's in his prime and basically has 2 years on his contract. No way he's worth anything less than £25m. He was one of the best full backs in the league last year

Somerset Fulham

I thought there was already a thread about this?

Hugh Gentry

All of these stories about these players are pure click bait, and many fall for it. As seen here. My prediction is we keep all those that Marco wants to keep and we add 2 or 3 more of good- very good quality. We may lose a couple, but not the sensations created by papers and agents.

FFC In Oz

Don't see it.

He's not going to play often with TAA there.

He also won't be able to play that role shifting in to midfield in possession like Trent was doing late in the season to good effect.

LC

Quote from: FFC In Oz on June 07, 2023, 02:26:35 PMDon't see it.

He's not going to play often with TAA there.

He also won't be able to play that role shifting in to midfield in possession like Trent was doing late in the season to good effect.

Well to be fair he would probably play right back and TAA would play in a midfield three. That's what they would probably do. But again, they would have to pay a lot and I don't see it happening

WindyCity

I just hope FFC puts their big boy pants on this summer transfer.  Let's try to keep our top star players while also adding in some quality.  The amounts associated with a possible Tete transfer are laughable.  My hope is that he stays at FFC.  If a transfer is entertained, then we had better make it hurt for the acquiring team (L'pool) and realize a huge financial benefit for FFC.  I just hope it doesn't come to that, Tete is pure class, improved his game as the season went along, and is one of the top players in his position in this league.  Keep the man!

Andy S

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on June 07, 2023, 12:57:29 PMLiverpool going in for Tete for 10.5m... get real.
totally agree. I'm sure he would want an assurance of first team football. But he gets that here so unless we have to sell him, keep him

Deuce

Strangely enough, I feel that the rumor sounds like a tabloid tale, but at the same time, it would be a sensible signing for Liverpool. Tete's contract expires next year, so he wouldn't cost much. Additionally, as we all know, he excels in defensive one-on-one situations, which suits Liverpool's attacking style, often leaving significant spaces behind. However, I believe he ultimately faces the same risk as Wan-Bissaka: being somewhat weak offensively for a team like Liverpool to truly thrive. So, while I think it would be a clever acquisition, I suspect the rumor is more or less fabricated.

General

Pretty sure Fulham are in talks with him over a new contract.

He's arguably just had the best season of his career and is in the Dutch national squad again, in addition to that He's playing regularly and at a club he loves and played in the championship with.

Stop pandering to your fear, sense of fulham being inadequate and more importantly the gossip columns of sports journalists, who are for a large part, unreliable.

We're building something here. He's got two years on his contract (1year with a club option), by that time he'll be 30 and offered a new deal and a completely different proposition for a Liverpool perspective.

That doesn't even account for the fact they've TAA and can buy players at a wim and the atrocious way they treated Carvalho last season. They're not all sunshine and rainbows you know. Players careers can flatline at Liverpool just as much as succeed.

LC

Quote from: Deuce on June 07, 2023, 09:19:14 PMStrangely enough, I feel that the rumor sounds like a tabloid tale, but at the same time, it would be a sensible signing for Liverpool. Tete's contract expires next year, so he wouldn't cost much. Additionally, as we all know, he excels in defensive one-on-one situations, which suits Liverpool's attacking style, often leaving significant spaces behind. However, I believe he ultimately faces the same risk as Wan-Bissaka: being somewhat weak offensively for a team like Liverpool to truly thrive. So, while I think it would be a clever acquisition, I suspect the rumor is more or less fabricated.

The club has a 1 year option in his contract, so it's effectively he has a two year contract. He would go for big money if he were to leave

Bal_13

Tete is pretty priceless for me. Such an incredible 1v1 defender and gets up and down his wing. Essential for our system.

Don't think the money quoted is anywhere near enough and for some reason Tete isn't the sort of player who seems to court prices of £25million +

HV71

If we lose Tete we lose our tackle ......... no man can want to hear that