News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much would be ‘acceptable’ for Paulhinha?

Started by Jeroen, June 10, 2023, 09:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much is to good to reject if an offer comes in?

>120

Jeroen

I know we are not a selling club and he is was our key player last season, but there is no doubt other clubs will come looking with some crazy amounts being offered for some players.

What is an acceptable amount to take the club to the next level (I know keep him would be better) and what would we do with it?

£80M ?!!! Replace him with another gem for £30m and increase our transfer budget by £50m?

demeant0r

Not sure we'd find a replacement for £30 and why would it only increase our budget by £50? 😂

General

Given we don't have a player called Paulhinha I don't think I care.

If we were to sell Palhinha, I kid you not when I say, when you compare him to any other CM/DM in Europe, with the stats he got last season and the fact he is genuinely and objectively one of the best, then £100m plus. He's priceless to us as a club based on last year. Without his performances 10th would've very likely seen us relegated or very close to relegated again, which in and of itself is worth even more than that. And yes, he alone, made that much of a difference. His position gave our defence that bit more time to breathe, Reed more time to attack, and our forward players a much better platform to have confidence when attacking and scoring. He, for me, is a no brainer - don't sell under any circumstances in truth.

Absurd to even consider it as a hypothetical question.

WokingFFC

Just because someone offers us something, why do you think we need to sell?

He has stated he is happy, Marco is happy, club seem happy, so a non starter in my book. Just the usual rubbish 'journalists' trying to sell their stories

General

Quote from: demeant0r on June 10, 2023, 10:25:39 AMNot sure we'd find a replacement for £30 and why would it only increase our budget by £50? 😂

Haha, increasing our budget by £50 would hardly see us afford a meal in London for 1 person at a middle of the road restaurant.

£50m too, still isn't worth it. The khan's don't need money, we as a club can find good players for the money we can afford and FFP washes itself regularly enough for it not too bother me too much.

There is no point in football having finances as the bottom line, there's nothing more important then success on the pitch. It's what drives greater revenue, the ability to buy and attract better players, to build a bigger brand through domestic, cup and at times European success.

Palhinha could be pivotal to that in the next 4+ years. Why would you sell him. Such short term thinking.

colinwhite

JimmyConway

This season has proved these type of players (Rice - Casemiro - Rodri) are gold dust to teams. You would have to look in the region of £70m as realistic figure. Rice they are talking £100m figure and Casemiro at his age went for around £60m to United. How much did Newcastle pay for Guimarães? £40m +.
Most decent pundits have all commented what a good player he is and how suited to Premier League Football he is.

Twig

alfie

It is really simple, we don't need or want to sell him, but and it's a big but if a big club with champions league standing comes and bids he may want to go, I am still not sure he said he is happy at Fulham, he definitely said he was happy in London.

Just my humble opinion nothing more.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

andrew G

Terry Towling

What almosts annoys me at this time is the clubs who can't be bothered to set up a proper scouting system, Liverpool and Spuds spring to mind, just look up fantasy football and try and take all the best players from "smaller" Premier clubs...then ruin the player by not playing them and dumping them on a few years later. Can't stand levy as well because he always comes in last minute, stopping clubs buying replacements.

Colton F.C.

The Rational Fan

Absolutely for sale, if we get offered £65m and don't sell him we are total fools.

H4usuallysitting

£80m.....but if we can get another great season out of him....£100m+

Marcel_Gecov

Talksport suggesting there's a release clause

Whitestone

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 10, 2023, 12:19:01 PMAbsolutely for sale, if we get offered £65m and don't sell him we are total fools.

Agree. Every player has a price. £80m is the figure I have in mind. If we want to remain in the Premier League we need to make money on player sales to allow squad improvements overall. Just not wholesale changes all at once. We know where that took us when the club allowed Dempsey and Dembele to leave. Obviously, like everyone else, I wouldn't be pleased to see Palhinha leave but being realistic it could happen.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 10, 2023, 12:19:01 PMAbsolutely for sale, if we get offered £65m and don't sell him we are total fools.

No we're not. The next best player to him in Europe is Ugarte and he's about to go to PSG, meaning you can't replace him with a like for like player and automatically create a hole in our squad. Although I guess it would allow you to live out your yo-yo fetish again since this year has put a spanner in your 5 year bouncing through the leagues tactic

Fulham Tup North

::scarf::
TBF it depends what is in his contract, which none of us will know... I would hate for him to leave but if he has a release clause then there is very little we can do....
I hope he knows how loved he is and wants to stay...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing, he is not for sale.
Start selling our best players and we are " DOOMED."
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

btffc