watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Puffa watch

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 10, 2023, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

They would be mostly retired by now, I would think.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

jarv

Love your threads H4 but I bet you did not expect some of the silly responses. As it happens, I do like to hear news about ex Fulham managers and players.  Memories, some good some bad.

Now, lets comment on Tommy Trinder.

RaySmith

Quote from: jarv on June 12, 2023, 09:09:06 AMLove your threads H4 but I bet you did not expect some of the silly responses. As it happens, I do like to hear news about ex Fulham managers and players.  Memories, some good some bad.

'You lucky people' is what he'd say.

Wasn't he very tight as Fulham Chairman?

I know the Supporters' Club provided the money for out first floodlights in 1961/2, which meant we could play evening games, in keeping with the rest of the top division, but was Trinder still there then?,
What happened to Beddy Jezzard, Bobby Campbell, Alex Stock? to name but three former managers.

TheOnionBag

With regards to Scott Parker, there are stories of him sticking up for the young players when Felix Magath was in charge and if so fair play to him, however my abiding memory of Scott parker was when we played away at Reading that same season Matt Smith made his debut and was sent off after about 15 minutes (?), I had already at that stage given up hope of Felix Magath having any words of wisdom from the sidelines, however form the back row of the stands contrary to what I was expecting, I didn't see our captain pulling the team together orgainsing them getting the heads up/back on the game, now it may be that were we to loose that game Felix was to be given his marching orders so was it a case of why play for a manager you don't believe in/a manager you want out ?
From that point Scott Parker was already fighting a loosing battle for my enthusiastic backing.
Like others have said I will always have a passing interest in how our ex players are getting on, be that a player going on to bigger and better things Like Ray Houghton or Steve Finnan, or those dropping down the leagues such as Matt O'Riley or Tayo Edun, his may be driven from the days where we barely made the papers even the evening London papers.

Somerset Fulham

Ranieiri just got Cagliari promoted back to Serie A in the last minute of the season having joined them in December when they were 14th.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: jarv on June 12, 2023, 09:09:06 AMLove your threads H4 but I bet you did not expect some of the silly responses. As it happens, I do like to hear news about ex Fulham managers and players.  Memories, some good some bad.

Also, I'm waiting for the day Harry Bayles make's a return.... currently still playing & coaching down the road at Windsor....in fact doesn't Harry need his very own thread

Somerset Fulham

He's off to Leicester apparently.

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 12, 2023, 06:20:44 PMHe's off to Leicester apparently.

Who, Harry Bales? (just joking)

filham

I saw the Parker/Leeds rumour somewhere bu dismissed it immediately, it just didn't sound sensible, Leeds fans would turn against him after a couple of matches I would think.

hovewhite

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 12, 2023, 09:51:47 AMRanieiri just got Cagliari promoted back to Serie A in the last minute of the season having joined them in December when they were 14th.

like ranieri so delighted for him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on June 12, 2023, 09:16:44 AM

'You lucky people' is what he'd say.

Wasn't he very tight as Fulham Chairman?

I know the Supporters' Club provided the money for out first floodlights in 1961/2, which meant we could play evening games, in keeping with the rest of the top division, but was Trinder still there then?,
What happened to Beddy Jezzard, Bobby Campbell, Alex Stock? to name but three former managers.

Tommy Trinder was as tight as a Ducks backside.
He was so tight his shoes squeaked when he walked
He was still at Fulham when the Floodlights were built.
He always wore that camel coat and trilby hat no matter the weather.
Also apparently thought and told us we were all lucky to have him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Free Elvis Hammond

Ranieri's just got Cagliari back up to Serie A! More than 30 years since he first won back-to-back promotions with them

They scored a 94th minute winner in the play off final. He was in tears on the pitch at full time

bill taylors apprentice

Parker may generally be a decent bloke but there's enough evidence to show he has also shown a lack of quality as a manager or coach despite talking himself up again and again.

When I think of him the story of "The Emperors new clothes" comes to mind, only its his own high opinion of himself that is foolish.

Marcel_Gecov

It's his experience at Club Brugge which would worry me if I were Leeds/ Leicester. The promotions are great, but he went to a team 4th in Belgium and they capitulated. If this doesnt work for him then I reckon thats him on the scrapheap.