News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who would you like as our fist game of the next season?

Started by WhiteJC, June 10, 2023, 05:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

as Ludlow Richard pointed to is about time that we had an away trip for our first game of the season, so who would you fancy as out first game?

If we do have an away game first, I'd like to go to Everton to get that one over with early doors, if a home game, if think I'd like West Ham, just to get our own back

Ronnief

It's a forgone conclusion that it will be an away match against Luton. ::scarf::

WindyCity

I'd like first match to be away.  Anywhere not named Manchester......

JimmyConway

Burnley away! Sky will look at it as a home win as will most Fulham supporters of the age 40 +
Get it out the way early.

boyboy

Brighton away, will make a long weekend of it. Not like February last season.

Andy S

F(f)CUK

Not one of the promoted teams. A home match Vs a bottom half team... Chelsea?

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Whitestone

A home game against any of Wolves, Bournemouth, Forest, Sheff U or Burnley.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 10, 2023, 05:09:13 PMas Ludlow Richard pointed to is about time that we had an away trip for our first game of the season, so who would you fancy as out first game?

If we do have an away game first, I'd like to go to Everton to get that one over with early doors, if a home game, if think I'd like West Ham, just to get our own back

I'm predicting away to Burnley, with the chance to put to bed lots and lots of years of pain.

Somerset Fulham

Brentford, whilst Toney is out and the sun is shining.

Thailand Mick

One of the big boys away to give us a better chance of securing some points. Probably spurs or Chelsea who would have the most changes to their squad's

WindyCity

Quote from: Thailand Mick on June 11, 2023, 10:18:51 AMOne of the big boys away to give us a better chance of securing some points. Probably spurs or Chelsea who would have the most changes to their squad's

I like this observation.  If there is a time to nick a point or three off one of the top clubs, it's the first game of the season.  Just as we did last season v Liverpool(though that was a home game), took a point, but should have/could have been three.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 10, 2023, 05:09:13 PMas Ludlow Richard pointed to is about time that we had an away trip for our first game of the season, so who would you fancy as out first game?

Leeds  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ffc73

Arthur

The P.L. have had a policy of not pitting teams against their most local rivals for the opening fixture of the season. It's why you never see a Merseyside, Manchester or North London derby on the first weekend. And while our rivalry with Ch***ea and Brentford is not on a par with the aforementioned, I suspect, nonetheless, that these two opponents will be off-limits for our first game.

If the trend of recent seasons continues, Burnley, as newly arrived Champions, will be playing either Manchester City or Arsenal.

My guess is we'll be kicking off somewhere in the midlands: Nottingham, Sheffield, Villa or Wolves. My preference would be Forest. I would tip us to beat them, home or away.

WhiteJC

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 10, 2023, 05:09:13 PMIf we do have an away game first, I'd like to go to Everton to get that one over with early doors,

All hail Mystic Meg !!!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Ronnief on June 10, 2023, 05:15:08 PMIt's a forgone conclusion that it will be an away match against Luton. ::scarf::

Well, that's the final game 😊