watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP John Hollins

Started by St Eve, June 14, 2023, 02:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Good player and good servant to our neighbors.

Fernhurst

So very sorry to
Hear this news. John was a Guildford boy who was much loved.
Sincerest condolences to his friends and family.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HV71

Very sad news indeed- I once had the pleasure of being in his company ,and his wife , when he was manager of Swansea. Seemed a really down to earth chap , who was both extremely courteous and amusing. RIP and condolences to his family

Lighthouse

Was a great player and a favourite even if he did play for Chelsea. Always a gentleman and an honest grafter. All the best to family, friends and fans alike.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

filham

RIP John Hollins. A well remembered and very nice, solid player. That lot down the road were so lucky to have his services for so long.

alfie

Quote from: filham on June 14, 2023, 04:37:34 PMRIP John Hollins. A well remembered and very nice, solid player. That lot down the road were so lucky to have his services for so long.
He was well liked at Arsenal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JimOG

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2023, 02:41:23 PMWas a great player and a favourite even if he did play for Chelsea. Always a gentleman and an honest grafter. All the best to family, friends and fans alike.

Well said

Fulham Tup North

Sad news... remember him well...
Thoughts are with his family.
RIP
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ffc73

In the mid 70s my uncle was involved in setting up & running a Guildford Youth Football League. Unfortunately, he was killed in a car crash.

A charity football match was arranged with proceeds going to my aunt & cousin.

The Guildford link meant someone must have known John Hollins, who was at QPR at the time, & he brought a team to play at Godalming Town that included Dave Clement, Ian Gillard, Don Givens etc.

As a 13 or 14 year old, I got 10-mins at the end & he took it very well when chatting to him afterwards I explained my uncle had been & our family were diehard Fulham fans.

Rip John.

MickTheBeard

Worked round his house he was living in Bickley next to chislehurst after his playing days he lived their along time don't know whether he stayed their and a lot of people were right about him nice bloke to talk to and down to earth he was once after the manager's job during the bad days but never got it never looked a manager type person.

I Ronic

As a kid it was Fulham with my uncles and the following Saturday with my mates (who knew no better) to Chelsea.
Hollins, Dempsey and Houseman played with ease.

bog

RIP John. I met John when he and Brian Moore came down to a local sports shop. A very down to earth chap.   

Fernhurst

John liked watching his brother (Tony) play on a Sunday morning. Never forget one Sunday he turned up in smart trousers and the shiniest pair of shoes I have ever seen. Didn't stop him playing a hit the bar challenge at HT.
Unbelievably he beat me 2-1 even in those shoes
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ashington White

I got to know John quite well in the mid-2000s through the other half of my football life, and he was a very nice man and a real gentleman of the game.  RIP John

mullers

Back in the late '90's when the supporters' club was affectionately called 'the corridor' in the Riverside Stand I had the habit of getting into the Cottage as soon as the gates opened to have a wander around the ground. I'd go into said bar and there'd only be John Hollins and me in there. We never really got past the 'hello' stage despite the fact he was always friendly because he was always sat by the door with a coffee and I would be at the bar, the space between us making conversation difficult. To this day I've wondered why he was there, I never heard of him working at the club.