watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 0-1 Newcastle - 6 April

Started by WhiteJC, June 15, 2023, 11:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

I of course have sympathy for Willock as a person, but no sympathy for Newcastle and their injury problems whatsoever. Disgusting cheats. Dubravka faked an injury two times and it killed off our momentum both times. Especially the first time when it was obvious it was a ploy to get a mini "time-out".

On our performance, we were mostly excellent, the only thing we missed were goals. Those early subs in the last match seemingly gave a kick up everyone's a** they definitely needed. Everyone is playing with maximum effort.

Special mentions to Willian, who, for me, was by far the best player on the pitch.

jayffc

We have played some absolutely beautiful football in this game, and under Silva generally.

Gutting to not be ahead. Goalkeeper definately seemed like he was breaking up our momentum and giving them a chance for a team talk.

Muniz was centimetres away from a couple of superb touches coming off that would have put him through on goal with incredible skill, twice. He has such quality in him.

Newcastle unlikely to be that poor again second half so really hoping we can put them to the sword. Traore around 60minutes to really run at them is probably a good shout.

filham

Listening to GJ commentary and it sounds as if we have had most of the game by far and are playing some very good footbal. However the bottom line is that we have failed to score.
Be prepared for Newcastle sneaking the winner in the second half.

Grassy Noel

It is good to see that Iwobi means business but he is just the provider and not the finisher.Get him in the middle with Adama on the right.

ron

That Muniz sidefoot (instead of a 75mph blast) to Dubravka may haunt us at the final whistle today.

jayffc

Quote from: btffc on April 06, 2024, 03:55:00 PMStansfield scores for Birmingham against Leicester

/video/1

Made from desire and tracking down + a god AWFUL goalkeeping error

TC's Sporran

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

TC's Sporran

Drewry66

Oh look..a Newcastle player has gone down yet again. Jesus

Nittany_Joe

Bassey giving Gordon way too much space. Need to close him down BEFORE he gets in the box zone. Newcastle could have gotten one there.

Nittany_Joe

In the last 9 games versus Newcastle, Fulham have:

0 wins
3 draws
6 losses

But historically, they have been almost even (31 wins and 33 losses).

A win today would be deserved.

jayffc

Cairney's been great?
Lukic seems an odd change, perhaps it's for Joao?

Maybe push Cairney up for Periera and Lukic alongside Palhinha

Guess well find out

Drewry66

Wouldn't have taken TC off..thought he has run the game. Willian prob our best player??

MisfitKid

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 06, 2024, 04:26:54 PMWouldn't have taken TC off..thought he has run the game. Willian prob our best player??

I don't get it sometimes...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

SerbianLad

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 06, 2024, 04:26:54 PMWouldn't have taken TC off..thought he has run the game. Willian prob our best player??
I think both of them have been a bit slow getting back when Newcastle were on the counter. I would have probably kept them on. Willian particularly.

jayffc

Willian AND cairney?

2 of our best players in this game. Bold choice, I guess they're a little older so perhaps it's time for fresh legs but still. Fingers crossed.

TC's Sporran

crazy subs. willian motm so far and tc been very involved keeping the ball flowing.
although no goals i guess it is worth trying something different?

Nittany_Joe

Newcastle's Gordon is destroying Fulham defenders. He is very dangerous. Need to bring players back to help defend against Gordon when he has the ball. A 0-0 draw would be acceptable at this point.

ron

Don't fancy scoring today then...