Main Menu

Man Utd 1-2 Fulham - 24 Feb

Started by WhiteJC, June 15, 2023, 11:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeant0r

Iwobi barely touched him and gets a yellow

MisfitKid

how's that a yellow on Wilson???
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

TC's Sporran

last few mins seem to be giving the ball away and giving away free kicks

MisfitKid

Well played first half.  With a little luck who knows...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

btffc

Would like to see Cairney for Reed and Adama for Wilson reasonably early in the 2nd half

bill taylors apprentice

Excellent first half from us except no goals.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: TC's Sporran on February 24, 2024, 03:48:39 PMlast few mins seem to be giving the ball away and giving away free kicks

maybe not giving the ball away but weak in the challenge and too easily dispossessed

jayffc

Quote from: btffc on February 24, 2024, 03:49:32 PMWould like to see Cairney for Reed and Adama for Wilson reasonably early in the 2nd half

Think we lose too much defensively without Reed

Lukic improved game so far but I'd have Cairney off for Lukic or Andreas on 60mins

Adama on at 70mins against tired legs

Super Mick

Nice to see Oliver following the top 6 ref ruling of booking all opposition players for f***k all to put is under pressure. They're all as bad as each other!

jayffc

Muniz really had massively stepped up a level by the way hasn't he.

That spin and shot against the post was top top quality

Nittany_Joe

Quote from: MisfitKid on February 24, 2024, 03:47:55 PMhow's that a yellow on Wilson???

That was a harsh call. Wilson barely got a toe. 3 yellow cards already on Fulham.

But the team is playing solid organized compact defense. Need to be careful about getting a red card now in the second half. The ranks are thin at midfield without Palhinha.

I think United will come out stronger in the second half but Fulham will make them earn it.

FFC In Oz

VAR is a disgrace.  How the Maguire challenge isn't deemed a red I've no idea.  Oh, it's only little old Fulham of course.  Classic.  If that was Lukic on Maguire would've been sent off straight away.

Fairly typical Fulham performance though isn't it? Doing everything but score and you just know they'll get a goal against the run of play to break our hearts.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: jayffc on February 24, 2024, 03:53:22 PMMuniz really had massively stepped up a level by the way hasn't he.

That spin and shot against the post was top top quality

Got rid of Maguire easily.

That flick on for Iwobi early in the half was class too.  Was 2nd favourite for that ball by a long way, just wanted it more.

Loving the new and improved Muniz.

WindyCity

Very good first half, FFC looked the better team.

Robinson, Iwobi, Muniz all excellent, all had some great scoring chances
Pereira also looking very good, some good passes, great shot almost scored.
Adarabioyo looking very dodgy out there, several poor passes/easy giveaways.
Leno still looking very dodgy also, he can thank the woodwork and Robinson's head for a scoreless first half, though full credit on the Garnacho save, that was very good.
Midfield looks pretty solid, quite a few nice breakouts moving forward.

WindyCity

Thought the first two yellows were very iffy.  Wilson's looked deserved.

Baszab

Cast iron RED by Mcguire - imagine if that was Paulinha at OT ??
Then the booking on Pereira - what on earth for ?

filham

I am listening to GJ and it sounds as if we are playing well and deserve to be winning, hold on we havn't scored[, same old problem.
Prediction now, United will play a shade better in the second half and will come away with support of the media, a couple of goals and 3 points.
COYW prove me wrong.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Baszab on February 24, 2024, 03:55:37 PMCast iron RED by Mcguire - imagine if that was Paulinha at OT ??
Then the booking on Pereira - what on earth for ?

Dissent.

Pereira mouths off as much as any other player in the league.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on February 24, 2024, 03:56:23 PMI am listening to GJ and it sounds as if we are playing well and deserve to be winning, hold on we havn't scored[, same old problem.
Prediction now, United will play a shade better in the second half and will come away with support of the media, a couple of goals and 3 points.
COYW prove me wrong.

Maguire will score the winner because he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Milo

Playing well, and we were the better team for 40 minutes. Iwobi guilty of missing a few opportunities. Muniz probably our best player.

Need to make better use of our set pieces. Quite a few hit their first man. Need to give Bassey, Tosin etc a chance in the air.

Sadly we look vulnerable to route 1, and are often the agents of our own downfall by failing to clear it.

I suspect the inevitable 1-0 or 2-0 from Man United, and when they score the first it'll be "business as usual". However, I hope we keep up the pressure and we score the first goal to continue to make a game of it.