watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players leaving

Started by Lighthouse, June 15, 2023, 06:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

10 players on the list. No shocks. Steve Sess, Joe Bryan, Duffy, Gazzinga and the rest are reserves and youth. All out of contract.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Surlyc

I'm a little disappointed that Larkeche didn't make the grade, but he hasn't and it's the right time to move on. None of the rest of the names are surprising at all, it's more interesting that we have offered Neeskens Kebano a new contract.

Black, White and Fred

I was surprised so many people thought we wouldn't offer Kebano a new contract. He was fantastic at the start of last season prior to the injury, probably playing his best football for us. Everyone seems to have forgotten about that.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

General

Wondering when the deadline is for Willian and Kebano and when contracts were offered vs why they haven't been accepted yet etc?

General

The following players will depart Fulham following the expiry of their contracts at the end of this month:

Joe Bryan
Shane Duffy
Paulo Gazzaniga
Steven Sessegnon
Thorsteinn Antonsson
Sonny Hilton
Ziyad Larkeche
Jonathon Page
Murphy Parker
Jean-Pierre Tiehi
Offers have been made to the following out-of-contract players:

Neeskens Kebano
Willian
Luciano D'Auria-Henry
Stefan Parkes
Devan Tanton
The Club has exercised one-year extension options in the contracts of:

Ibane Bowat
Martial Godo
Jay Williams
Of the players departing, Joe Bryan made the most appearances for the Club, and we paid tribute to his impact last week.

JOE BRYAN TO LEAVE FULHAM
READ MORE
Paulo Gazzaniga and Steven Sessegnon each earned promotion during their time with Fulham.

Gazzaniga began the 2021/22 campaign as Marco Silva's first choice goalkeeper, going on to make 15 appearances for the Whites as we won the Championship.

He spent last year on loan with Girona, who he will join permanently next month.

Sessegnon has spent most of his life at the Club, joining at Under-9 level alongside his twin brother Ryan.

He made his First Team debut in a 2-0 win over Wycombe Wanderers in the League Cup at the start of the 2017/18 season.

Two years later, Sessegnon appeared 14 times in the Championship, and was an unused substitute for our Play-Off Final victory over Brentford at Wembley.

During his time with us, Sessegnon had loan spells with Bristol City, Plymouth Argyle and – this year – Charlton Athletic, where he won the Addicks' goal of the season accolade.

Shane Duffy joined the Club on loan ahead of the 2022/23 season, making his debut the following day as a late substitute in our 2-2 draw with Liverpool.

His move was later made permanent until the end of the campaign to accommodate the winter loan arrival of Cédric Soares.

It was recently announced that Duffy will join Norwich City when his Fulham contract expires.

We would like to thank all of these players, and the Academy boys, for their efforts during their time at the Club, and wish them the very best of luck during their respective next chapters.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/june/15/player-departures/

General

Thinking about it, we are very slow when it comes to sorting players contracts out and getting them sorted for the most part.

Even in transfer windows we tend to leave our work very very late in the window.

Ronnief

Quote from: General on June 15, 2023, 06:21:29 PMWondering when the deadline is for Willian and Kebano and when contracts were offered vs why they haven't been accepted yet etc?
Are they still on holiday?

JimmyConway

If Kebano is starting or coming on early into the season then part of the transfer window would have been a failure? In the Championship you have him every time but not in the Premiership.
Been a good servant but better quality required.

General

Quote from: JimmyConway on June 15, 2023, 06:27:05 PMIf Kebano is starting or coming on early into the season then part of the transfer window would have been a failure? In the Championship you have him every time but not in the Premiership.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with that. He was genuinely a different level for us at the beginning of this season and looked sharp and up for it. Definitely can't suggest he wouldn't be a good squad option, he's also extremely well loved by everyone at the club and you need those characters to keep people happy.

One observation though was that before the announcement of Joe bryan leaving, there was some stuff on Instagram of Bryan, Odoi and Kebano all hanging out. Great because they all obviously get on well, but given what's gone on since, I'm sure Fulham and contracts etc and next adventures would have come up.

love4ffc

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 15, 2023, 06:17:24 PMI was surprised so many people thought we wouldn't offer Kebano a new contract. He was fantastic at the start of last season prior to the injury, probably playing his best football for us. Everyone seems to have forgotten about that.

I would think that Fulham are offering Kebano a contract so that he can be sold for a fee in the summer and not for free. 

I read that since we have offered Willian a new contract and Ream will still be available; the wise thing would be not to keep too many 30+ players on the books.  That the last time FFC had a lot of age 30+ players on the books and it came time to replace them it didn't go so well. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: General on June 15, 2023, 06:36:52 PM
Quote from: JimmyConway on June 15, 2023, 06:27:05 PMIf Kebano is starting or coming on early into the season then part of the transfer window would have been a failure? In the Championship you have him every time but not in the Premiership.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with that. He was genuinely a different level for us at the beginning of this season and looked sharp and up for it. Definitely can't suggest he wouldn't be a good squad option, he's also extremely well loved by everyone at the club and you need those characters to keep people happy.

One observation though was that before the announcement of Joe bryan leaving, there was some stuff on Instagram of Bryan, Odoi and Kebano all hanging out. Great because they all obviously get on well, but given what's gone on since, I'm sure Fulham and contracts etc and next adventures would have come up.

I agree with this. Not a starter but just deserves a roster spot imo, partly because of dressing room continuity that clearly served us well last season.

Pluto

Kebano has been excellent for us and looked phenomenal until his injury. If the club is confident he's fully recovered and can come back at that level then it's a no brainer to offer him another year. At minimum he is a solid squad option to introduce a bit of dynamism and energy from the bench.

Southcoastffc

Doesn't Knockaert's contract expire about now?  (I know Ivan Cav's is next year)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Surlyc

Quote from: love4ffc on June 15, 2023, 06:43:01 PMI would think that Fulham are offering Kebano a contract so that he can be sold for a fee in the summer and not for free.
Why on earth would he sign that deal? He would have free choice and a higher wage as a free agent.

Kebano deserves his new deal, he showed he could play in the PL. If he's a starter on day one that is an issue, but he covered for Solomon/Willian really well at the beginning of last season.

MickTheBeard

Ithought knockharts contract was up and jasper signed up with a portugese 2nd div side for next season.The club previously mentioned it about those two.They cant get that right,must be very easy to get a job at fulham no one knows what their doing no surprises in released players.I thought the french kid on loan to barnsley showed promise .IT tells me their wont be a massive overhaul of players if kabano has been offered a new contract hes 31. 32 during season max 1 year please he is not a premier league player we need to move forward,i believe we wont finish 10th or higher this coming season.IT will be harder this year so all hands on deck we wont be able to carry anylame ducks,no real exceptional talent coming through the lower ranks ageing side with few players with big sell on fees not like brighton or brentford.This transfer window will define our season,tony beware no misfitts not sure about lukic yet plays in different positions but master of none hope he proves me wrong for our sake.

RaySmith

I  think Lukic could come good for us - it can take a season to settle in to the Prem, plus he hasn't played  much, and maybe he, and the manager aren't sure of the best role he can play in the team.

I think Kebano could still play a decent role in the squad, judging from last season and this, until his injury.

Under Silva he has been superb.

Thailand Mick

I love Kebano and think he has been so loyal to our club in times when managers did not rate him.I have always maintained that we should be buying better players to improve the first team rather than buying squad players. That said means we should be keeping players like Kebano who can still do a job for the first team even though he may not make the team so often. I hope the contract offer reflects his loyalty ,if it is only a one year extension i see no reason not to offer him a really good wage as i believe he is one of our lowest payed players.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 15, 2023, 08:33:24 PMDoesn't Knockaert's contract expire about now?  (I know Ivan Cav's is next year)

I thought Knockaert and Cavelrio each had another year on their contracts. I doubt they would leave given the low wages they would get elsewhere.

Sting of the North

It is sad to see Sessegnon leave. I had high hopes for him when he got some starts under Parker. Unfortunately, after one or two not great games Parker opted for safety first (no surprises there) with experienced heads and put young Steven on ice for the foreseeable future instead of trying to improve him. This was after first bigging him up immensely a few games earlier. Personally I think that was the start of the end for Steven at Fulham. To develop you need to play big games at some point, and this set him back. Coupled with consistent injury problems, he never got back to where he should have been.

Hopefully he finds a fresh start at Championship level and in a few seasons we will see him looking like a real player in the PL. Still think he has what it takes as long as he can stay decently injury free.

Of course sad to see Joe leave, but it was clearly time. The rest seem logical. Hilton hasn't been able to push on and is too old soon to be kept because he is promising. Larkeche was touted as a real prospect, but couldn't get a starting place at Barnsley so doubt that he was anywhere near ready for first team action at us.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2023, 05:50:17 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 15, 2023, 08:33:24 PMDoesn't Knockaert's contract expire about now?  (I know Ivan Cav's is next year)

I thought Knockaert and Cavelrio each had another year on their contracts. I doubt they would leave given the low wages they would get elsewhere.

Pretty sure that Knockaert's contract runs out now, but Ivan has a year left. No idea why Knockaert is not on the list though.