watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager Contract affecting Pre-Season preparations

Started by Rambler, June 22, 2023, 10:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: love4ffc on June 22, 2023, 10:39:58 PMNot to hijack the thread and not wanting to start another....

?s=46&t=cNq90LuasKVZ9igHwfVCIA

Not trying to scare anybody but with all the cash that the Saudis are splashing for players one never knows how much they would throw at managers from big leagues. 

Hmm, I'm not sure Silva would go there. He's got the PL bug and has a point to prove here and his attitude and character suggests he's very driven to do just that, he's come back to England for a third team, he took a significant break after his last job, did what seems to have been a lot of research and work on himself to collect his thoughts to come back and manage fulham who were in the championship. That tells me he's motivated to prove himself here in England, and if supported by the fulham hierarchy we could see him and us achieve things. He's clearly a very good man manager on top of tactician, though he did fall into some of the old ways towards the tail end of last season, but back him up and give him the tools and see what he and the club are capable of.

toshes mate

I am not sure what Marco Silva was thinking when Shahid Khan invited him to his yacht.

Things happened as a result and for two seasons at least we FFC fans [should] have had a delightful feeling in their gut. Some haven't and we can only feel sorry about them and their condition. Doubt is about uncertainty and nothing is ever certain forever. Even Mother Nature in Her certainty knows that. 

I am sure there are people who believe they are 'in the know' about 'things'. I am sure being in the know happens to all of us at least once in life. But how do we know when it is our turn to be 'in the know' at least once in our lives?

Of course for a fleeting second it may just be true about us being 'in the know' but stuff happens even in the immeasurable time taken to change one thing from being a certainty to being a huge doubt or an even greater uncertainty of ever having been a truth.

Nature doesn't do ITK, PTB (powers that be), or even RULES (risk and uncertainty loves exploiting stuff) simply because the law of large numbers and randomness says nothing is either certain or uncertain it is just as likely as it is unlikely. 

Everything just is until it isn't. Mother Nature loves that bit as she searches the Universe for any sign of a limit just to content herself that She is In The Know at least about that bit.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on June 23, 2023, 09:38:46 AMI am not sure what Marco Silva was thinking when Shahid Khan invited him to his yacht.

Things happened as a result and for two seasons at least we FFC fans [should] have had a delightful feeling in their gut. Some haven't and we can only feel sorry about them and their condition. Doubt is about uncertainty and nothing is ever certain forever. Even Mother Nature in Her certainty knows that. 

I am sure there are people who believe they are 'in the know' about 'things'. I am sure being in the know happens to all of us at least once in life. But how do we know when it is our turn to be 'in the know' at least once in our lives?

Of course for a fleeting second it may just be true about us being 'in the know' but stuff happens even in the immeasurable time taken to change one thing from being a certainty to being a huge doubt or an even greater uncertainty of ever having been a truth.

Nature doesn't do ITK, PTB (powers that be), or even RULES (risk and uncertainty loves exploiting stuff) simply because the law of large numbers and randomness says nothing is either certain or uncertain it is just as likely as it is unlikely.

Everything just is until it isn't. Mother Nature loves that bit as she searches the Universe for any sign of a limit just to content herself that She is In The Know at least about that bit.

I have to say that was complete gobbledygook that made complete sense, every word of it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ElRay

I think it could be dragged out for a while unfortunately.

I can see both sides to it if it's a transfer stand off which is making Marco uncertain. I can understand why he wouldn't want to sign a new deal if he will be made to wait for players like last summer because it's very frustrating so maybe he'll want a few targets in before putting pen to paper.

But on the flip side why would Shahid/Tony want to spend a sizeable chunk of cash on players a manager who hasn't committed his long term future to the club wants when he could Just pack up and go at anytime.