watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager Contract affecting Pre-Season preparations

Started by Rambler, June 22, 2023, 10:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

I strongly feel that the inaction and delay of Marco signing a new contract is affecting the ability of us to go after new signings at the moment.

The back room team will be heavily focused on Marco's contract leaving less time to go after new signings and subsequently new signings not wanting to sign for the club until the manager situation settles.

All of this leaves us playing catch up in the market and will potentially have a detrimental impact on pre season.

Hopefully Marcos contract is sorted ASAP.

Somerset Fulham

They are still on holiday aren't they?

I mean, there is another week until contracts are up and released players leave.

Sting of the North

This seem like a completely fabricated problem, with little basis in reality.

Silva already has a contract for next year. And it's not as if multiple people are spending 8 hours a day trying to draft a contract. It's a discussion on a higher level. Lots of parallel discussions are of course ongoing. We are talking about professionals, not toddlers.

In my opinion.

General

Quote from: Rambler on June 22, 2023, 10:49:31 AMI strongly feel that the inaction and delay of Marco signing a new contract is affecting the ability of us to go after new signings at the moment.

The back room team will be heavily focused on Marco's contract leaving less time to go after new signings and subsequently new signings not wanting to sign for the club until the manager situation settles.

All of this leaves us playing catch up in the market and will potentially have a detrimental impact on pre season.

I strongly feel you don't know what's going on and are just projecting insecurities.

As far as anyone at the club is concerned or any fans can know, until otherwise stated, is Marco has time left on his contract and is a fulham manager for next season.

95-98% (if not more) of this board are speculative and emotional posts posted by people who aren't ITK.

I think there have been perhaps two or three members on this board who I've had confidential chats with who've actually been in the know, so 99.8% aren't.

It's exhausting dealing with everyone being so emotional and insecure about things they A) don't have genuine insight on and B) can't control.

Fundamentally I get it, fulham had a good season, fans are enjoying it, want it to continue and are keen to see the key elements of that success stay.

As things stand they all are, bar Willian who's contract situation was poorly managed and was left until the end of the season.

Reports, quoting Willian the player and his agent, have both suggested he's happy with us and wants to stay in London and England, not just for footballing reasons but for life with family and post career.

We can't control what he says or does from here on in, but what we do know is that he's been offered a new contract and is currently on holiday.

I think it's safe to say he's not intending on leaving the UK, but he is currently essentially either a free agent or confidently thinking he'll sign on and so time for him is a luxury. I assume people in the club would've had conversations with him and his representatives to gauge his interest and putting forward a contract is a positive sign, but it won't be over until the fat lady sings.

The reality is we're in a relatively new situation under the khan's and don't know how things will pan out.

We're used to a high turn over of players because of being promoted and relegated and perhaps being over reliant on loan players which means every summer we're spending a significant amount of time playing catch up with ourselves because of situations we've created. We also tend to, for the most part, take a long time to get deals over the line and leave them until the last minute.

If you believe people who have supposedly done the maths on FFP for us, the suggestions are that we have a pretty sizeable warchest with which to spend on players and players contracts.

Technically speaking the window has only just opened and we don't know what's in store, and there's little reason to get in a twist about things you have never been able to influence.

So, please relax. For your own sake as much as anyone else's.

Let's focus on the positives.

Lighthouse

I know we want to search for problems. But we really don't need to invent them. We are all victims of the press and the tittle tattle. But Fulham have never be known to be quick out the blocks in announcing new players. This is for various reasons. However I think as it is 11th June we need to calm down a little.

I remember Ian Branfoot being announced as manager in the Wimbledon fortnight. I tend to wait until Wimbledon tennis is over before I over do the panic. Whenever the season starts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sarnian

Silva is probably on 3 weeks well deserved holiday. Plenty of time to sign a new contract when he is back as well as catching up on where the club is regards to transfer activity.

Why the panic, just relax and  ::wine::

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

RAY Rock ????

Silva has explained his stance we need significant investment . Why would he sign a contract now he will wait and see how much we invest in recruitment. He can sign a contract whenever but say we are in the bottom 3 in November easier to get rid with 8 months left.

Holders

If anything, it's the reverse to that suggested by the OP and Marco wants to see that the club is serious in keeping the best players and in bringing in those whom he thinks it needs to move on in line with his own ambitions. After all, his "decision", subject to offers and the reputed buy-out clause, is over a new contract - he still has a year left on the existing one.

The club knows his value, be patient.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

S-O-T-N sums up my feelings so well about this thread I have nothing to add except an uptick for him.

alfie

Quote from: General on June 22, 2023, 11:08:38 AM
Quote from: Rambler on June 22, 2023, 10:49:31 AMI strongly feel that the inaction and delay of Marco signing a new contract is affecting the ability of us to go after new signings at the moment.

I strongly feel you don't know what's going on and are just projecting insecurities.

As far as anyone at the club is concerned or any fans can know, until otherwise stated, is Marco has time left on his contract and is a fulham manager for next season.

95-98% (if not more) of this board are speculative and emotional posts posted by people who aren't ITK.

I think there have been perhaps two or three members on this board who I've had confidential chats with who've actually been in the know, so 99.8% aren't.

It's exhausting dealing with everyone being so emotional and insecure about things they A) don't have genuine insight on and B) can't control.

Fundamentally I get it, fulham had a good season, fans are enjoying it, want it to continue and are keen to see the key elements of that success stay.

As things stand they all are, bar Willian who's contract situation was poorly managed and was left until the end of the season.

Reports, quoting Willian the player and his agent, have both suggested he's happy with us and wants to stay in London and England, not just for footballing reasons but for life with family and post career.

We can't control what he says or does from here on in, but what we do know is that he's been offered a new contract and is currently on holiday.

I think it's safe to say he's not intending on leaving the UK, but he is currently essentially either a free agent or confidently thinking he'll sign on and so time for him is a luxury. I assume people in the club would've had conversations with him and his representatives to gauge his interest and putting forward a contract is a positive sign, but it won't be over until the fat lady sings.

The reality is we're in a relatively new situation under the khan's and don't know how things will pan out.

We're used to a high turn over of players because of being promoted and relegated and perhaps being over reliant on loan players which means every summer we're spending a significant amount of time playing catch up with ourselves because of situations we've created. We also tend to, for the most part, take a long time to get deals over the line and leave them until the last minute.

If you believe people who have supposedly done the maths on FFP for us, the suggestions are that we have a pretty sizeable warchest with which to spend on players and players contracts.

Technically speaking the window has only just opened and we don't know what's in store, and there's little reason to get in a twist about things you have never been able to influence.

Just a quick question, why was Willian's contract poorly managed? Have you ever considered that he wanted to wait until the season ended before making any decisions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HamsterWheel

Willian would be mad to sign an extension too soon. There is I suspect quite a chance that a Saudi club could dangle an umpty million contract which at his age he may well be tempted by.

Sting of the North

Quote from: HamsterWheel on June 22, 2023, 02:02:19 PMWillian would be mad to sign an extension too soon. There is I suspect quite a chance that a Saudi club could dangle an umpty million contract which at his age he may well be tempted by.

I believe Willian has shown repeatedly that money is not his main motivating factor anymore, so wouldn't worry about that at all.

Rambler

Just hypothesising. Let's see in a couple of weeks. Perhaps I was slightly overstated but it could provide potential problems in the future if it drags out, that's all.

Not trying to be a wind up merchant or put people on a downer at all.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: General on June 22, 2023, 11:08:38 AM

..common sense prevails...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

andrew G

None of us know anything for sure but I do think your concern is well placed unlike some others that seem to have us believe everything is always alright.

With, what i believe is, one year left on his contract we do need to tie Marco down and that clearly should have happened ages ago (and maybe it is sorted and we are just waiting for it to be announced) but the silence is very concerning. We need to give marco every chance to build on last season's success by getting the squad in in good time... he complained that didn't happen last season so imagine what could be done if we are prepared properly this time.

marco is a genius and needs to be tied down and I hope the leaders of our club do not let him slip through their fingers.

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 22, 2023, 10:56:59 AMThis seem like a completely fabricated problem, with little basis in reality.

Silva already has a contract for next year. And it's not as if multiple people are spending 8 hours a day trying to draft a contract. It's a discussion on a higher level. Lots of parallel discussions are of course ongoing. We are talking about professionals, not toddlers.

In my opinion.

So right,a sensible post.

H4usuallysitting

I've been waiting to sign for a couple of week's - I've warmed up & everything......still very early day's

love4ffc

Not to hijack the thread and not wanting to start another....

?s=46&t=cNq90LuasKVZ9igHwfVCIA

Not trying to scare anybody but with all the cash that the Saudis are splashing for players one never knows how much they would throw at managers from big leagues. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

In October 2018 Jamal Khasoggi the journalist was murdered by Saudi agents. His body was then cut up and disposed of. At the time there was a great outcry and Governments around the World condemned the Saudi Government and rulers.

But now they are putting money into sports. Golf made a big statement by condemning the breakaway players who joined the Saudi golf organisation. They then agreed to take the money  and merge with it.

Newcastle United are now owned by a Saudi backer and now we have this rumour. So what is my point? If greed trumps even murder. Then what is the point of it? I hope that the rumours of our coach taking the money from the Saudi's is false. I hope somewhere somebody says enough is enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope