News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What if Zamora comes back and is row Z again?

Started by AmericanJames, January 16, 2011, 09:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: SS on January 16, 2011, 01:47:40 PM
Quote from: Oakeshott on January 16, 2011, 12:05:28 PM
I don't agree with the view that Bobby came into his own only after AJ was injured. Early last season Bobby and AJ seemed to me to be gelling very well and in the game at home against Perm looked devastating together until the Perm thug assaulted AJ.

The reality is that we have several players - AJ, Zoltan and Moussa in particular - who will feed off Bobby's work and score goals. Our problem since Bobby's injury is that, given Hughes' apparent view of Elm, we have no one else who can play the Bobby role even half effectively. That is why personally I'd like that James Morison rumour to have been true: a strong and competent though not world-stirring guy who wouldn't cost a fortune in wages, seems to work tirelessly, and would be a great substitute for Bobby when as at present he is not available.

I was pleased to read this Oakeshott, because I was worried that my memory was starting to play tricks, with so many people resurrecting the "Zamora and AJ can't play together" theory. I'm sure that, in the period before AJ's injury, there were several games where they started to develop a really promising partnership. I really don't think there was a connection between BZ finding form and AJ getting injured. 
then sorry but you are misguided, there is a direct link between Zamora really flourishing and AJ being injured, sorry I don't remember any promising partnership developing between them, especially in the league

finnster01

Quote from: epsomraver on January 16, 2011, 02:21:25 PM
I don't agree with the view that Bobby came into his own only after AJ was injured. Early last season Bobby and AJ seemed to me to be gelling very well and in the game at home against Perm looked devastating together until the Perm thug assaulted AJ.

The reality is that we have several players - AJ, Zoltan and Moussa in particular - who will feed off Bobby's work and score goals. Our problem since Bobby's injury is that, given Hughes' apparent view of Elm, we have no one else who can play the Bobby role even half effectively. That is why personally I'd like that James Morison rumour to have been true: a strong and competent though not world-stirring guy who wouldn't cost a fortune in wages, seems to work tirelessly, and would be a great substitute for Bobby when as at present he is not available.

I was pleased to read this Oakeshott, because I was worried that my memory was starting to play tricks, with so many people resurrecting the "Zamora and AJ can't play together" theory. I'm sure that, in the period before AJ's injury, there were several games where they started to develop a really promising partnership. I really don't think there was a connection between BZ finding form and AJ getting injured. 
then sorry but you are misguided, there is a direct link between Zamora really flourishing and AJ being injured, sorry I don't remember any promising partnership developing between them, especially in the league
I agree with Dave.
One thing that was proven was that BZ only started to blossom when AJ disappeared. Those two should be kept mutually exclusive in any Fulham lineup

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

leonffc

I agree with the AJ theory and I can't wait to see him operating with Dembele but to answer your question, I think a lot of Zamoras problems was confidence. A lot of our crowd never wanted him or took to him and were quick to get on his back when ever he hit row Z.
After last year he came into his own, showed what he can do and turned some peoples opinion. When he comes back I think he'll feel instantly wanted / loved and slide straight in. If he misses a sitter the fans will be more patient anyway

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on January 16, 2011, 02:27:37 PM
One thing that was proven was that BZ only started to blossom when AJ disappeared. Those two should be kept mutually exclusive in any Fulham lineup[/size]

I think it was the occurance of Damien Duff. There's no proof for either theory.

finnster01

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 16, 2011, 05:27:08 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 16, 2011, 02:27:37 PM
One thing that was proven was that BZ only started to blossom when AJ disappeared. Those two should be kept mutually exclusive in any Fulham lineup[/size]

I think it was the occurance of Damien Duff. There's no proof for either theory.
So a bit like E=MC Squared
In other words Eddie Johnson=Messi * Crouch Squared  :011:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on January 16, 2011, 02:21:25 PM

No that is false equivocacy. You are assuming that the only thing that changed last season was AJ getting injured and BZ then flourishing. As has been mentioned, we had a revelation in Duff, Gera started to come into his own, Bobby flourished in europe when he had a bit more time on the ball etc.