more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What’s the word on Neeskens ?

Started by perry geyton, July 03, 2023, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Mickeyboro on July 04, 2023, 07:50:53 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 04, 2023, 07:32:28 AMThe doubters could at least learn to spell names correctly - it is Neeskens and he's a better player and speller than any of them could ever have been.  Nice guy too and so he beats you at eveything and more ...

You were doing so well until three words from the end!  :slap:
not sure he can blame that one on spell check lol

Jim©

Young ✔️
Fast ✔️
Dribbling ability ✔️
Awareness ✔️
See a pass but rarely passes✔️
Work in tight spaces ✔️
Lazy off the ball ✔️
Bit of a d*ck by being rehabbed by FFC and buggering off elsewhere ✔️
Got one trick cutting in from the left ✔️
Never ever crosses the ball ✔️
Looks like Prince ✔️
Not that gutted he is going- look at the effect Wilson had in the last 6 or 7 games (when Silva chose him to start- unlike Solomon)

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on July 04, 2023, 07:32:28 AMThe doubters could at least learn to spell names correctly - it is Neeskens and he's a better player and speller than any of them could ever have been.  Nice guy too and so he beats you at eveything and more ...

Setting aside the latter part of your comment I fully agree about learning to spell his name correctly. It's lazy and disrespectful to persistently misspell our players' names.

Maidstone Lee

People saying he isn't very good have short memories indeed. Was brilliant at the start of the season before his injury. His ability to carry the ball and run at players is excellent.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Coast94

I'm hoping he signs an extension. A good depth option and seemingly popular in the dressing room.

Twig

Quote from: Coast94 on July 04, 2023, 11:33:43 AMI'm hoping he signs an extension. A good depth option and seemingly popular in the dressing room.

Agreed

WindyCity

Quote from: ianthailand on July 04, 2023, 03:10:00 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 04, 2023, 02:10:59 AM
Quote from: filham on July 03, 2023, 09:47:33 PMOur best wide men, Willian and Solomon have given us the cold shoulder and need to be replaced, that is going to be difficult could cost a good few million.  No way can we spend time and money looking for replacement cover for the wide positions, essential we keep Kebano and BDR
I'm not Soll
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on July 03, 2023, 11:24:14 PMManor Solomon is better than Wilson and Reid put together. Massive loss to us the things he was doing in games can't be taught.
 Young ✔️
Fast ✔️
Dribbling ability ✔️
Awareness ✔️
See a pass✔️
Work in tight spaces ✔️
Gutted he is going
Drifts in and out of games
Doesn't defend very well, too weak.

Wow!  I don't know what games fans have been watching, but I totally agree with RayRock. This player will be missed and hard to replace.  Drifts in and out of games?  Five straight games he tickled the twine, then, unexpectedly without obvious reason, he gets the bench and limited action.  Doesn't defend?  I recall many times seeing him back in the defensive third helping the team move forward.  As I've posted in another thread, I see a lot of rationalization about Solomon's departure.  Maybe he doesn't fancy wearing a FFC shirt, but that doesn't make him a poor player.  Wish we would have found a way to keep him at CC.  I suspect he will turn out to be a very good PL player.

perry geyton

Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 03, 2023, 07:59:04 PMHe's not very good and he needs upgrading.
Same applies to you I'd argue

People forget the form Neeskens was in before his Achilles went, such short memories

perry geyton

Quote from: WindyCity on July 04, 2023, 03:18:35 PM
Quote from: ianthailand on July 04, 2023, 03:10:00 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 04, 2023, 02:10:59 AM
Quote from: filham on July 03, 2023, 09:47:33 PMOur best wide men, Willian and Solomon have given us the cold shoulder and need to be replaced, that is going to be difficult could cost a good few million.  No way can we spend time and money looking for replacement cover for the wide positions, essential we keep Kebano and BDR
I'm not Soll
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on July 03, 2023, 11:24:14 PMManor Solomon is better than Wilson and Reid put together. Massive loss to us the things he was doing in games can't be taught.
 Young ✔️
Fast ✔️
Dribbling ability ✔️
Awareness ✔️
See a pass✔️
Work in tight spaces ✔️
Gutted he is going
Drifts in and out of games
Doesn't defend very well, too weak.

Wow!  I don't know what games fans have been watching, but I totally agree with RayRock. This player will be missed and hard to replace.  Drifts in and out of games?  Five straight games he tickled the twine, then, unexpectedly without obvious reason, he gets the bench and limited action.  Doesn't defend?  I recall many times seeing him back in the defensive third helping the team move forward.  As I've posted in another thread, I see a lot of rationalization about Solomon's departure.  Maybe he doesn't fancy wearing a FFC shirt, but that doesn't make him a poor player.  Wish we would have found a way to keep him at CC.  I suspect he will turn out to be a very good PL player.
So ask yourself why did Marco bench him ?
Maybe he knew he wasn't committed long term and he saw Fulham as his shop window op.
He obviously saw flaws in him otherwise he'd of done everything he could of done to convince him to stay
BUT
he benched him

itombomb

Neeskens is a perfect 5th/6th choice winger, who when everyone is fit will very rarely make matchday squads. Great bloke loved by the rest of the squad, doesn't cost much and has shown he can do a job.

Yeah you don't want to have to rely on him, but if players in that position in the squad are too good it can actually be counterproductive.

If he were to go (and fair play if he gets a better offer), the person we bring in to fill that role on the depth chart will be a cheap journeyman or loan from somewhere that won't necessarily be an upgrade.

alfie

Quote from: itombomb on July 04, 2023, 05:38:41 PMNeeskens is a perfect 5th/6th choice winger, who when everyone is fit will very rarely make matchday squads. Great bloke loved by the rest of the squad, doesn't cost much and has shown he can do a job.

Yeah you don't want to have to rely on him, but if players in that position in the squad are too good it can actually be counterproductive.

If he were to go (and fair play if he gets a better offer), the person we bring in to fill that role on the depth chart will be a cheap journeyman or loan from somewhere that won't necessarily be an upgrade.
Your last paragraph, you are stating it as a fact, you have no idea who would or wouldn't come in.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitestone

I'm not sure I can agree with the comments about Kebano's form before his injury. I'm not knocking it, he was good but not ' brilliant' as mentioned. We were a better team with either of Willian or Solomon on the left. Both scored crucial goals whereas Kebano didn't score any. I think he may have assisted a couple. I can only see him as a depth option.

Grassy Noel

What I have always loved about Neeskens is his tackling ability. He always approaches tackling with a will and ability to get the ball not just balloon it into touch like Robinson.

toshes mate

I can see that comprehension is a weakness you have. When Max or Maxine Everything join FFC I will ensure I get their spelling right. 

I don't use a spell checker and never have done, but my fingers are not as nimble and reliable as they once were. And so I pay particular attention to player's names since it is a common courtesy to get people's names right.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: toshes mate on July 05, 2023, 09:13:52 AM

I can see that comprehension is a weakness you have. When Max or Maxine Everything join FFC I will ensure I get their spelling right. 

I don't use a spell checker and never have done, but my fingers are not as nimble and reliable as they once were. And so I pay particular attention to player's names since it is a common courtesy to get people's names right.

I agree with your original point, but at least have the grace to laugh at yourself! As a Fulham fan it's pretty essential I'd say...

Twig

Well done for amending the thread title Perry.

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on July 05, 2023, 09:44:53 AMWell done for amending the thread title Perry.
Before posting originally I even checked to make sure it was a double E, still got it wrong !!!

WindyCity

So ask yourself why did Marco bench him ?
Maybe he knew he wasn't committed long term and he saw Fulham as his shop window op.
He obviously saw flaws in him otherwise he'd of done everything he could of done to convince him to stay
BUT
he benched him
[/quote]

Nope, can't agree with your assessment as to why Solomon was benched after his hot streak.  I answered same in another thread.  Coaches are paid to win games.  And to win games, you play your best players.  Just witness two seasons ago when it was fait accompli Carvalho was leaving after the term.  MS played him regularly during that championship run. 

Neither you nor I know the reasons behind his benching and limited play.