watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans can watch England Under-21s

Started by Nick Bateman, July 05, 2023, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

It's not a generally known issue but football fans especially English ones can watch the Young Lions on UEFA.tv on a regular internet browser.

The tournament has been ignored by mainstream TV channels, as Danny Murphy stated today on Talksport, been under-valued. ITV, who have lost the rights to the main England team qualifiers & friendlies to Channel 4,are without men's football other than FA Cup games and the World and European nation finals. One would have thought they would snap up the European Under-21s. None of the other major channels, including Sky deemed this tournament worthy, but England's progress to the semi-finals is beginning to create interest.

Talksport are covering it on Radio today but as mentioned you can get it from little known broadcaster Uefa.tv for free.

Lee Carsley's side have yet to concede a goal so far and face Israel in the semis around the 5pm early evening time slot. He's outdone previous coach Andy (Betty) Boothroyd who failed to qualify in any competition then bragged "no one could have done any better than him". Again the FA elected a rudimentary-style boss of our youth as successor to Boothroyd but surprising Carsley is getting results.

The Under-21s has always been looked upon as "England B" and features several Premier League players such as Andy Gordon, Gibbs-White, Smith-Rowe and Harvey Elliot to name a few. As far as I know Manor Soloman is not starting for Israel who England should beat to book a place in the final against either Spain or Ukraine which some are billing as an "Ain derby".

One can get the Uefa.tv app on modern smart tvs if bothered.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bencher

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 05, 2023, 03:44:49 PMIt's not a generally known issue but football fans especially English ones can watch the Young Lions on UEFA.tv on a regular internet browser.

The tournament has been ignored by mainstream TV channels, as Danny Murphy stated today on Talksport, been under-valued. ITV, who have lost the rights to the main England team qualifiers & friendlies to Channel 4,are without men's football other than FA Cup games and the World and European nation finals. One would have thought they would snap up the European Under-21s. None of the other major channels, including Sky deemed this tournament worthy, but England's progress to the semi-finals is beginning to create interest.

Talksport are covering it on Radio today but as mentioned you can get it from little known broadcaster Uefa.tv for free.

Lee Carsley's side have yet to concede a goal so far and face Israel in the semis around the 5pm early evening time slot. He's outdone previous coach Andy (Betty) Boothroyd who failed to qualify in any competition then bragged "no one could have done any better than him". Again the FA elected a rudimentary-style boss of our youth as successor to Boothroyd but surprising Carsley is getting results.

The Under-21s has always been looked upon as "England B" and features several Premier League players such as Andy Gordon, Gibbs-White, Smith-Rowe and Harvey Elliot to name a few. As far as I know Manor Soloman is not starting for Israel who England should beat to book a place in the final against either Spain or Ukraine which some are billing as an "Ain derby".

One can get the Uefa.tv app on modern smart tvs if bothered.

Solomon is not in the squad for Israel's U21s as he is a regular in the senior team.
The star of the U21s is Oskar Gloukh of Red Bull Salzburg and linked to some top European clubs.

TheCeiling

Israel have started developing players much better the last few years and it starts showing fruits when they finished 2'nd at the last year's Euro U-19 (losing to England in overtime), finishing third at the World Cup U-20 a month ago, and now qualifying to the Semi Finals. Oscar Gloukh is their standout player, a generational talent in Israeli standards, but they also have a few other very talented young players I can see ending up at the PL such Dor Turgeman, a technical gifted striker, Stav Lemkin, a 1.90m of athleticism, burst and good ability to read attackers. England on paper should be too much for them to beat, especially with Israel's current coach Guy Luzon who is a below average coach who doesn't really know how to implement a quality offensive system and relies more on stuff like 'effort' and defense.

A little bit strange to me a Euro U-21 Semi Final game of the U-21 England team (with a lot of legit PL players) gets so little of media coverage in England. Sports sites are barely mentioning it.

Woolly Mammoth

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 winning 3 0. 😃👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

England running out 3-0 winners and looked very good I thought.

TheCeiling

Israel's coach is the worst I've seen. Pathetic. Obviously England's squad is much stronger but Israel have got a few talents that could at least be a threat. The story was ended before the match has started with such terrible coach.

Congrats to England for a great great tournament.

jayffc

Can we buy smithe-rowe please? Thanks

bog

Mystifying that the BBC chose not to mention this win on their sports news at 7-40.  ::tongue::   

Thailand Mick

couldnt understand how we played israel again in the semi final when we played them in the group stage.

perry geyton

Quote from: bog on July 06, 2023, 08:37:50 AMMystifying that the BBC chose not to mention this win on their sports news at 7-40.  ::tongue::   
Cos their not generating money from it,

Nick Bateman

Quote from: bog on July 06, 2023, 08:37:50 AMMystifying that the BBC chose not to mention this win on their sports news at 7-40.  ::tongue::   

Also wasn't mentioned the day after on BBC's Ceefax if anybody still reads that.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Motspur

Understand that final against Spain on Saturday at 17:00hrs UK time is going to be shown on terrestrialTV; sorry not sure whether its Channel 4 or 5 but is one of them.

Takemehome27

Quote from: Motspur on July 07, 2023, 08:45:43 PMUnderstand that final against Spain on Saturday at 17:00hrs UK time is going to be shown on terrestrialTV; sorry not sure whether its Channel 4 or 5 but is one of them.

Channel 4 16:45

kick off 17:00

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Takemehome27 on July 07, 2023, 09:17:13 PM
Quote from: Motspur on July 07, 2023, 08:45:43 PMUnderstand that final against Spain on Saturday at 17:00hrs UK time is going to be shown on terrestrialTV; sorry not sure whether its Channel 4 or 5 but is one of them.

Channel 4 16:45

kick off 17:00

Excellent

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

There's a surprise, the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation.

Never forget your Roots.

Takemehome27

Well done boys and didn't concede a goal the whole tournament

jarv

I did not know the game was on. Caught the last 15 minutes (got bored watching the tale end of the cricket). I wish I had known, some very good players on show. Not a fan of Elliot though since he was stolen from us.

Fulham Tup North

Excellent save for the penalty in the 98th minute
Well played Lads... ::scarf::
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Baszab

Brilliant performance by England

Disgusting display of cheating needling anti football by Spain

Lester Burnham

Quote from: jarv on July 08, 2023, 07:37:30 PMI did not know the game was on. Caught the last 15 minutes (got bored watching the tale end of the cricket). I wish I had known, some very good players on show. Not a fan of Elliot though since he was stolen from us.
Jarv, mate....board of watching the cricket?!! Which game were you watching?