watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco’s contract

Started by ElRay, July 14, 2023, 09:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElRay

'A renewal for Marco Silva does not seem imminent and sources with knowledge of the situation, speaking on condition of anonymity to protect their relationships, are not optimistic of that happening before the start of the season.'

Can't say I'm surprised.

SuffolkWhite

It's hard to comment when the facts arnt ķnown tbf!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Southcoastffc

Doesn't his existing contract run from July 2021 to July 2024?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ElRay on July 14, 2023, 09:04:50 AM'A renewal for Marco Silva does not seem imminent and sources with knowledge of the situation, speaking on condition of anonymity to protect their relationships, are not optimistic of that happening before the start of the season.'

Can't say I'm surprised.

It was always dependent on the owners showing ambition in the transfer market, there's still time to do that before the start of the season.

alfie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 14, 2023, 09:31:04 AM
Quote from: ElRay on July 14, 2023, 09:04:50 AM'A renewal for Marco Silva does not seem imminent and sources with knowledge of the situation, speaking on condition of anonymity to protect their relationships, are not optimistic of that happening before the start of the season.'

Can't say I'm surprised.

It was always dependent on the owners showing ambition in the transfer market, there's still time to do that before the start of the season.
Could work the other way round, the club waiting on Marco to show he is committed to the project before they pay out millions on players that he wants.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

andrew G

A phone call, a video chat something like that and it can all be sorted in moments.

The club has a trackrecord of dragging its heels for what ever reason so I feel sure Marco will b very unsettled by all this.

H4usuallysitting

All in good time....2 week's ago Robinson was off

Sting of the North

Quote from: andrew G on July 14, 2023, 09:53:08 AMA phone call, a video chat something like that and it can all be sorted in moments.

The club has a trackrecord of dragging its heels for what ever reason so I feel sure Marco will b very unsettled by all this.

This seems like a very naive take on reality, even for the more negative posters on here.

Obviously there is ongoing communication.

hovewhite

Think he's not going anywhere as seems commuted to his existing contract.
Think when in America with a couple of new signings in the squad he may sign then

Sammyffc

Quote from: andrew G on July 14, 2023, 09:53:08 AMA phone call, a video chat something like that and it can all be sorted in moments.

This has to be satire right, there is no way you wrote that actually thinking they aren't in communication .. surely

andrew G

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 14, 2023, 10:21:12 AM

This seems like a very naive take on reality, even for the more negative posters on here.

There are two or three of you on here that are endlessly rude and it is a shame you have nothing more decent to add.

This could and should have been settled weeks ago and not needed to be continuing into pre season. It is amaterish management. That's not being 'negative or naive' as you so rudely call me it is stating the obvious which is working against the well being of the club.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: andrew G on July 14, 2023, 02:24:20 PM

There are two or three of you on here that are endlessly rude and it is a shame you have nothing more decent to add.

This could and should have been settled weeks ago and not needed to be continuing into pre season. It is amaterish management. That's not being 'negative or naive' as you so rudely call me it is stating the obvious which is working against the well being of the club.

MS has another year on his contract. Its likely that in the priority list this summer is number one as thats for the whole club and then a new contract can be done in September. He doesnt leave without 6m being paid to us.

Sting of the North

Why is it rude to state that I believe someone is naive and negative? Your take that all that is needed is a video chat is objectively naive. That is not how the world works. In my opinion.

Seeing things in black and white and focusing on the black is being negative. Again, in my opinion.

Maybe just a minor dash of nuance in your posts would open up for more of a discussion? Just a thought.

Did not in any way mean to insult you though, and apologies that you were offended. It was not a personal thing,  it purely aimed at your posts. I'll try to word my posts more carefully in the future.

Kingjay81

Andrew I just don't understand why you seem so angry at the club? I asked you yesterday on another thread which you didn't answer so I'll try again today, how do you know that the club aren't doing absolutely all they can to tie Marco down and it's him that's refusing or stalling to sign a contract?

If the club have just sat back and done nothing, I'd be the first person to criticise but none of us know that's the case so why continuously
label the club 'Amateurish' and shambolic when you don't know the facts....unless you do of course!!?

Logicalman

I don't see how this subect should derail the good humour and pleasent exchanges that prevail on this site.

Perhaps we all need to remind ourselves that we each are entitled to our opinions, and to voice them, and however 'naive', 'misguided' or other description we each think of others' thoughts, perhaps a question as to the 'naivety' etc. may cause less conflict between members and make for better (and shorter) threads.

andrew G, from my perspective, I have little doubt that the club and Marco are in contact over this matter, and, given the more pressing issues are signing new players for the start of the season in a few weeks, perhaps such negotiations have been put on the back-burner, and will be addressed once the transfer window has closed.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Managers usually break contracts at the drop of a hat, what is different about the Silva situation.

PossessionKings

Silva has a track record of downing tools and leaving.

Sell him to Saudi for £20M then get Graham Potter in.

Craven Mad

Maybe the two of you should just hop on a quick call and sort it out?

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: PossessionKings on July 14, 2023, 07:37:36 PMSilva has a track record of downing tools and leaving.

Sell him to Saudi for £20M then get Graham Potter in.
Potter would be my first choice if Silva were to leave, he would have a point to prove

hovewhite

correct Andrew it should never become personal keep posting your opinion.