watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside stand

Started by StuinSalop, July 14, 2023, 01:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

Does anyone know if the fitting out has been going on during the off season.

Have they built the turnstiles at the Putney end?

ianthailand

Quote from: StuinSalop on July 14, 2023, 01:16:24 PMDoes anyone know if the fitting out has been going on during the off season.

Have they built the turnstiles at the Putney end?
I don't know but we've got the paint for Fulham Pier, our first signing of the window. One problem have we got permission for the Pier?

filham

Surely we are going to see that stand full of fans this season, if not then TK shouldn't show his face in the ground.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on July 14, 2023, 04:55:10 PMSurely we are going to see that stand full of fans this season, if not then TK shouldn't show his face in the ground.

What would our director of football have to do with the building of a stand? That falls under the remit of our CEO

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 14, 2023, 04:56:04 PM
Quote from: filham on July 14, 2023, 04:55:10 PMSurely we are going to see that stand full of fans this season, if not then TK shouldn't show his face in the ground.

What would our director of football have to do with the building of a stand? That falls under the remit of our CEO

Anything to have a go at TK

Twig

Regardless of whose responsibility it falls under it would certainly be disappointing if we open the next season with the stand less than 100% full.

HV71

What really hacks me off is that as a " fan" a season ticket holder , and even if I pay the highest price £3kfor my ticket - I'm still not in the best seat on the half way line. No - that's for corporate . " fans " can't buy the best seats. It's very sad but god knows what would happen if we get relegated ?!

StuinSalop

Surely someone must know what the latest is with the interia fit out.

SP

Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2023, 09:52:08 PMgod knows what would happen if we get relegated ?!

Funny enough, someone posted on another board their relief that Luton, Sheffield Utd, Bournemouth & Everton are in the league this year.

C Block

The Club have stated via the F.S.T ,that they are hoping to have completion of the stand by Christmas, though there are no visible signs at the stadium this summer that work is continuing at a pace.

H4usuallysitting

There was a bit of a problem with the construction company....not sure if it's been resolved

filham

Take a look in the last match programme and you will see that TK is Vice Chairman ( there is no listed position of Director of Football), therefore in the absence of the Chairman TK has to have overall responsibility for all day to day matters at the Cottage. I would think the completion of the stand is a priority for him right now.

Penfold

Quote from: filham on July 15, 2023, 04:43:33 PM

Take a look in the last match programme and you will see that TK is Vice Chairman ( there is no listed position of Director of Football), therefore in the absence of the Chairman TK has to have overall responsibility for all day to day matters at the Cottage. I would think the completion of the stand is a priority for him right now.

Seeing as he's rarely in the UK I'd fail to see how TK can oversee day to day matters.

hovewhite

Think whole stadiums have gone up in the time this stand is taking.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Penfold on July 15, 2023, 04:55:45 PM
Quote from: filham on July 15, 2023, 04:43:33 PM

Seeing as he's rarely in the UK I'd fail to see how TK can oversee day to day matters.

Perhaps it's time he came and had a look himself if he is at all interested.
Instead of waiting for the next time something called the Jags are at Wembley.
He needs to dust his Chartered Map down, find out where England is located.
Then punch into his sat nav Stevenage Road SW6, and he may just find Craven Cottage is still where it was the last time he was in attendance.

Then if he is remotely interested he can see it for himself first hand, if of course he is at all that interested.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Thames Bank 1

To be fair, the chairman has been to ground, and at end of day has overall say

filham

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on July 15, 2023, 11:04:19 PMTo be fair, the chairman has been to ground, and at end of day has overall say
The Chairman only makes rare , short visits and the Vice Chairman seems to have more important matters taking his time. Seems that we are a ship without a rudder or at least the captain has not got his hands on the wheel.
Come back MAF, Jimmy Hill or even Tommy Trinder, at least they were around to take the flack from us.

alfie

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2023, 10:42:46 AM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on July 15, 2023, 11:04:19 PMTo be fair, the chairman has been to ground, and at end of day has overall say
The Chairman only makes rare , short visits and the Vice Chairman seems to have more important matters taking his time. Seems that we are a ship without a rudder or at least the captain has not got his hands on the wheel.
Come back MAF, Jimmy Hill or even Tommy Trinder, at least they were around to take the flack from us.
I'm sure it's Alimac who has day to day responsibilities for the stadium not TK.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sarnian

Quote from: alfie on July 16, 2023, 12:23:19 PM
Quote from: filham on July 16, 2023, 10:42:46 AM

Exactly what flack are any of us taking about the stand except in your imagination.
Why would the club announce a painter partnership in the last few days if things weren't going ahead. 

Some people just need to relax, why fret about something we do not have control over.

Stevieboy

Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2023, 09:52:08 PMWhat really hacks me off is that as a " fan" a season ticket holder , and even if I pay the highest price £3kfor my ticket - I'm still not in the best seat on the half way line. No - that's for corporate . " fans " can't buy the best seats. It's very sad but god knows what would happen if we get relegated ?!

Would you pay £3k to sit at the halfway line ??