more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 16/07/23...

Started by WhiteJC, July 16, 2023, 08:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham 'reject second bid for wantaway striker Aleksandar Mitrovic'

Fulham have reportedly rejected a second bid from Al-Hilal for striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The forward has three years left on his contract, but his Fulham future has been thrown into doubt due to the ongoing interest from Al-Hilal.

A recent report claimed that the Saudi Pro League side submitted an initial £25.5m offer for the Serbia international.

Fulham swiftly turned down the proposal, with Marco Silva's side keen to retain the services of one of their prized assets.

However, Al-Hilal are not prepared to give up their pursuit just yet and have now returned with a second improved bid.

According to Sky Sports News, the Saudi Arabian club submitted an offer close to £30m, which has been turned down by Fulham.

The report states that Fulham's stance remains unchanged, as they continue to insist that the 28-year-old is not for sale.

While the Cottagers are showing no signs of budging, the player himself is pushing to complete a move to the Saudi Pro League.

Mitrovic has allegedly asked Fulham's vice-chairman Tony Khan to accept Al-Hilal's offer, highlighting the significant contribution that he has made to the club.

The striker registered 14 goals in 23 Premier League appearances last season, helping the Cottagers achieve a top-half finish.

During his six-year stay with the club, he has scored 111 goals in 205 games and won promotion to the Premier League on two occasions.

A move to Al-Hilal would allow Mitrovic to link up with his international teammate Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, who recently completed a move from Lazio.

They have also recruited two players from the Premier League, having signed Kalidou Koulibaly and Ruben Neves from Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers respectively.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/fulham-reject-second-bid-for-wantaway-striker-mitrovic_518558.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Bradford City signing and former Sheffield United, Burnley and Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald on never doubting himself after life-saving kidney surgery
WHEN it comes to perspective and being grateful for what he has got, few professional footballers can speak with as much resonance as Kevin McDonald.

For the Scot, the pressure of playing for a 'sleeping giant' in Bradford City is certainly all relative.

True pressure arrived just over two years ago when he underwent life-saving kidney surgery with his health taking precedence over his career.

Knowing that he would need a transplant one day is something that the midfielder, who previously played in Yorkshire with Sheffield United, had lived with since being diagnosed with IgA nephropathy - a chronic kidney disease that progressively gets worse - when he was 18.

Former Sheffield United, Fulham, Burnley and Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald, who has joined Bradford City on a two-year deal. Picture courtesy of Bradford City AFC.

He reached stage five of the disease in his early thirties; when one of his kidneys had stopped functioning, during his time at Fulham.

His elder brother Fraser offered to donate his organ and was approved as a match. It takes the phrase brotherly love onto another level.

McDonald's body initially rejected the new kidney and his stay in hospital was a prolonged one. It was a time when he had to isolate himself for several months during a tough recovery process. At the same time, his wife was also heavily pregnant.

He remained mentally strong and gradually built up his strength again. After being allowed to return to training at Fulham, the schemer - now a free agent - plotted a return to professional football.

Following short spells at Dundee United and Exeter, the 34-year-old now finds himself at Bradford. A two-year deal is not only testament to his qualities as a ball-playing midfielder of considerable repute, but also the way he has fought back.

McDonald told The Yorkshire Post: "As it always has been throughout my career, my health has always been number one. I still get regular checks on my kidney.

"I am here to do a job as a professional footballer, which I have always loved doing and I relish any sort of challenge in front of me and there's no better place and challenge than Bradford.

"In terms of making up for lost time, I don't want to think on that side of things. The most important thing was that I needed to be taken care of and hopefully it all continues to go well.

"In the short term, when I got back to playing, there were little hurdles each time. I went back out and proved myself in the SPL and then proved myself again in League One. I've never doubted myself as a footballer and myself as a person with my mentality and character.

"It was great to get back out there and I want to go out and enjoy it each week. That's always been the most important thing for me.

"It is one of those ones where I always felt in my head that I'd get back playing, even if I did not think too much about it at the time.

"At the time, isolating after the surgery itself had a damaging effect and the time when I was off my feet probably took more of a toll than I'd have ever imagined.

"I saw my Fulham contract out to do some coaching with the under-18s and under-23s and we had one eye on me maybe not potentially playing.

"But the sole goal, if it was physically possible, was to play again."

After training with Huddersfield Town last December, McDonald linked up with Bradford in January. Events then conspired that he would join Exeter in the second half of last season, but City maintained their interest and now the 34-year-old finds himself back in Yorkshire, chasing the fifth promotion of his career in England.

McDonald, who has previously enjoyed success with Fulham, Wolves and Burnley, continued: "I was in for a brief period and there were a couple of complications and I moved on. There was a contract of offer from Bradford but there were just one or two things and that's how football works at the end of the day.

"There might have always been a possibility (of coming back). But it was one of those ones where you thought the chance might have gone. I went up to League One and did well. Maybe it happens again, maybe it doesn't and we had to see what comes out in the summer. That's how the situation was.

"What appeals to me is wanting to play for winning teams.

"It is something that probably enticed me more (to Bradford) because there is a bit of an added pressure where you need to turn up and win each week. Who wouldn't want to be involved in something like that. It's a huge appeal.

"It's how it should be as a player and it's a sleeping giant. There's a goal that has been there for a few years and it makes no difference when new players come in - it's promotion."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/bradford-city-signing-and-former-sheffield-united-burnley-and-fulham-midfielder-kevin-mcdonald-on-never-doubting-himself-after-life-saving-kidney-surgery-4218457

WhiteJC

West Ham rivalled for Declan Rice replacement as Fulham barge into race for 'top-money' asset

Fulham have reportedly entered the race for James Ward-Prowse, as they'll rival West Ham United, who are looking to replace the departing Declan Rice.

The exit of Rice was going to hit the Hammers hard whenever it happened. The club captain, who is also the best player, leaving the club is obviously a big blow.

That blow could be softened if they recruit right after his departure, though. With the £105million they're set to receive, they could both replace him and pick up a few other useful assets in other positions.

A few options have been mooted, one of those being Southampton captain Ward-Prowse. That the Saints were relegated from the Premier League last season suggests he'll more than likely be sold, as the chances of him playing in the Championship are negligible.

But West Ham will receive competition from Fulham for the snare. Football Insider reports the Hammers are waiting for confirmation of the Rice deal before fully pursuing Ward-Prowse.

In the meantime, they could slip behind Fulham, who have made enquiries about a potential deal, as per that report. Southampton are said to be 'willing to wait for a suitable offer to arrive'.

If Fulham make that offer first, there's no reason to suggest they shouldn't be able to get the deal over the line ahead of the Hammers.

However, the East Londoners will receive a small fortune when Rice's sale is officially confirmed. And with Southampton apparently holding out for 'top money', they might well be anticipating a better offer from the Hammers than from Fulham.

In the event that the latter succeeds, while West Ham may lose out on Ward-Prowse, they could have the last laugh. Indeed, they've reportedly identified Cottagers midfielder Joao Palhinha as a suitable replacement for Rice.

If West Ham aren't able to sign Ward-Prowse, they'll have more of their Rice money left in order to potentially force Fulham into the sale of Palhinha instead.

They'd likely be happy with either midfielder, or even potentially both, as they could surely afford to add both men into the mix.

As such, they'll surely not be too worried about having Ward-Prowse stolen away from under their noses while waiting for their big bucks to come in.

https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-rivalled-declan-rice-replacement-fulham-barge-in-top-money

WhiteJC

Fulham hold Hudson-Odoi talks
Fulham are locked in talks with Chelsea as they step up their attempts to sign the England winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, according to a report in this morning's Times.

The 22 year-old, who has been capped three times at senior international level, is eager to leave Stamford Bridge permanently having spent the second half of last season on loan at Bayer Leverkusen. Hudson-Odoi looks set to become the latest Chelsea academy graduate to move on this summer after the Blues sold Mason Mount to Manchester United and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who had a disastrous loan spell at Craven Cottage in 2020/21, to AC Milan. The Wandsworth-born winger is keen to remain in London and is understood to be intrigued by the possibility of continuing to play in the Premier League with Fulham.

Hudson-Odoi made his senior international debut aged eighteen and was widely regarded as one of England's brightest prospects having starred at youth level for Chelsea. He has scored sixteen goals in 126 appearances at Stamford Bridge and has won the Champions' League, the Europa League and the Club World Cup. Hudson-Odoi was close to moving to Bayern Munich in 2019 and 2020 but signed a new contract with his boyhood club. He struggled to recapture his best form under Thomas Tuchel and, having rejected a lucrative move to Saudi Arabia this summer, is hoping to reignite his career in England.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/fulham-hold-hudson-odoi-talks/

WhiteJC

Leeds United, Burnley, Sheffield United, Leicester City and Fulham among clubs linked with Middlesbrough's Paddy McNair
Leeds United and Sheffield United are among the clubs to have been linked with Middlesbrough defender Paddy McNair.

The 28-year-old has made nearly 200 appearances for Middlesbrough but according to TEAMtalk, the club are "ready" to listen to offers for him. The report claims Premier League newcomers Luton Town have enquired about him, while there is also said to be interest from Leeds, Sheffield United, Burnley, Fulham, Leicester City and AFC Bournemouth.

A versatile figure deployed in both defence and midfield by Middlesbrough, McNair has just one year remaining on his current deal at the Riverside. He has been with the club since 2018, having joined from Sunderland after initially cutting his teeth in football at Manchester United.

He is a senior Northern Ireland international and also has Premier League appearances on his CV from his spells with Manchester United and Sunderland. For the last six years, however, he has operated at Championship level.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-burnley-sheffield-united-leicester-city-and-fulham-among-clubs-linked-with-middlesbroughs-paddy-mcnair-4219893

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest, Burnley and Fulham reportedly hold talks over Leeds United-linked Coventry City midfielder Gustavo Hamer
A trio of Premier League clubs have reportedly held talks over a deal for Leeds United-linked midfielder Gustavo Hamer.

The combative Coventry City man has reportedly been targeted by the Whites, although TEAMtalk have claimed Nottingham Forest, Burnley and Fulham have held talks over a deal for him.

The report claims a deal for Hamer could be worth around £16m to Coventry, who signed him from PEC Zwolle in 2020. He has since made a total of 130 appearances for the Sky Blues and featured in last season's Championship play-off final.

He has one year remaining on his contract, therefore Coventry may be tempted to collect a fee for him this summer rather than risk losing him on a free transfer following the expiry of his deal.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/nottingham-forest-burnley-and-fulham-reportedly-hold-talks-over-leeds-united-linked-coventry-city-midfielder-gustavo-hamer-4219901

WhiteJC

Mitrovic's Future Hangs in Balance Amid Bidding War
Fulham Stands Firm Amid Continued Interest in Aleksandar Mitrovic

The Bidding War Intensifies: A New Proposal on the Table
According to reports from 90min the stalwart of Fulham's attack, Aleksandar Mitrovic, remains a major target for Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal.  This is despite the West London club's unwavering stand to retain the Serbian forward. A second bid of close to £30m has been made by Al Hilal, which, much like their previous £25m offer, has been swiftly rebuffed by the Premier League side.

A Premier League Protagonist: Mitrovic's Impact at Fulham
Mitrovic, having spent six seasons at Fulham, has become an emblematic figure for the club, embodying the fighting spirit of the Whites. The Serbian international's star power was evident last season when he reinforced his position as one of the Premier League's leading forwards. He netted 14 goals in 24 games, a remarkable feat that played a vital role in Fulham's successful campaign back in the top flight, even finishing above Chelsea in the league standings.

Uncertainty Looms: Mitrovic and the Saudi Interest
Despite his impressive performances and cult status at Fulham, the future of Mitrovic is shrouded in ambiguity. Interest from Saudi Arabia remains a compelling factor in this unfolding scenario. Not only is Mitrovic in Al Hilal's sights, but Fulham's manager Marco Silva is also reportedly on their radar.

While Fulham's position has been clear, resisting offers for Mitrovic, the forward himself is believed to be receptive to exploring a move to the Middle East, stirring the pot in this ongoing transfer saga.

Al Hilal's Shopping Spree: Making Waves in the Transfer Market
Al Hilal aren't strangers to big-name signings, having recently secured Mitrovic's compatriot and close ally, Sergej Milinikovic-Savic from Lazio. Adding further depth and dynamism to their roster, they've also signed Ruben Neves from Wolves and Kalidou Koulibaly from Chelsea.

Their vigorous pursuit of Mitrovic serves to underline their ambition to bolster their squad with seasoned Premier League talent.

Looking Ahead: Fulham's Transfer Plans
Simultaneously, Fulham aren't sitting idle amidst the rumblings of a potential Mitrovic departure. 90min reports that the club is setting its sights on the young Brazilian midfielder Andre Trindade, hoping to outmanoeuvre several of Europe's top clubs to his signature.

This transfer target suggests Fulham's intent to continue strengthening their midfield, perhaps to balance their squad should they lose their star striker.

Navigating a Potential Departure: Fulham's Dilemma
The ongoing tug-of-war for Mitrovic's services presents a quandary for Fulham. The question isn't only about the immediate impact of losing a key forward but also how this might shift the dynamics of the team. As things stand, Fulham appear steadfast in their intent to keep Mitrovic within their ranks. However, how this saga evolves may well define the club's trajectory in the next Premier League season.

https://eplindex.com/92190/mitrovics-future-hangs-in-balance-amid-bidding-war.html

WhiteJC

Big Money Refused: Who's Playing Hardball at Fulham?
Stalemate at Craven Cottage: Marco Silva's Contract Conundrum

Marco Silva, the revered tactician helming Fulham, finds himself at a crossroads over contract renewal discussions with the club, according to Sky Sports News.

Despite a strong Premier League performance with a 10th place finish last season, the Portuguese manager's future at Craven Cottage is presently shrouded in uncertainty. It's no secret that Silva has been presented with a fresh deal from the club, seeking to extend his tenure beyond the 12 months he has left on his current contract. Yet, there is palpable reluctance on his part to commit.

Silva's Unyielding Ambition
Remaining steadfast in his ambitions for Fulham, Silva turned down a lucrative opportunity to manage in Saudi Arabia earlier this summer, demonstrating his allegiance to the London-based outfit. The staggering £35m offer over two years failed to sway him from his path. Adding to this, he has also shrugged off interest from other top-flight English teams, highlighting his dedication to Fulham's cause.

Sky Sports News Chief Reporter
"Like all top managers Marco Silva has very high standards. He wants the very best for his club," Kaveh Solhekol notes. It might be accurate to speculate that Silva anticipated further advances in squad enhancement by now. Nonetheless, there are always two perspectives to consider.

"I'm sure Fulham would point to the transfer window being open for another six weeks or so. There is plenty of work going on behind the scenes," Solhekol adds.

Indeed, the club is reportedly pursuing the likes of Callum Hudson-Odoi and Willian.

The fact remains, though, Silva, despite his notable success at Fulham, is hesitant to ink the contract currently on the table.

Mitrovic's Future – Another Piece of the Puzzle
Amidst this, another point of contention arises with striker Aleksandar Mitrovic vying for an exit. Despite Fulham staunchly rejecting a second offer nearing £30m from Al Hilal, Mitrovic remains keen on a move. The Serbia international has reportedly personally appealed to Tony Khan, urging him to accept what he perceives as a fair bid for his services.

This follows a previously declined £25.5m bid from the Saudi outfit, indicating a rising interest in securing Mitrovic's talents.

Navigating the Summer Transfer Window
With the transfer window wide open and Silva's contract situation unresolved, the weeks ahead promise to be a pivotal period for Fulham. From the manager's reservations about the proposed contract to the ongoing saga around Mitrovic's future, the club faces a challenging summer balancing act.

The impending twists and turns will significantly shape Fulham's journey into the new season and beyond. It remains to be seen whether Silva, an integral figure at the helm, will sign the dotted line or chart a new course. For now, Fulham fans can only hope for a resolution that sees their beloved club continue its upward trajectory.

https://eplindex.com/92205/big-money-refused-whos-playing-hardball-at-fulham.html

WhiteJC

£50m too much for Irons target?
Is £50m too much for the undoubtedly talented Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha ?

That is what Fulham appear to be asking for apparently.

We have been here before, Felipe Anderson and Sebastian Haller come to mind – it is an extraordinary amount of money, nearly half of our Declan Rice funds.

There is a lot to recommend him, as he would fit in with our Supremo`s tactics of playing on the counter attack, although he is no Declan Rice he would still make a positive difference to our team.

He is probably Fulham`s biggest asset and it is doubtful that the Cottagers would drop their price.

What with less than 4 weeks until the start of our domestic season, I hope we do not do anything rash.

But with still no sign of any new players making their way to the London Stadium, it is all getting a touch concerning.

Mayve, and hopefully, things will change quickly with the Dec deal done!

https://www.claretandhugh.info/50m-too-much-for-irons-target/

WhiteJC

For Fulham losing this Shane Duffy may turn out to be a remorse, not a regret

Unwanted former Fulham misfit Shane Duffy played a blinder as Norwich shared the spoils with 1.FC Kaiserslautern in a drab goalless draw on the hallowed Fritz-Walter Stadion turf on Saturday afternoon.

Whether it was his timing, stamina, defensive acumen or vital interceptions, if his impressive first-half display was anything to go by it will have focused minds across West London and East Anglia.

In fact it raised questions about his inability to nail down a regular first-choice berth, let alone start a single league game while on loan at Craven Cottage last term.

For a newly-promoted side trying to shake off their yo-yo tag, Fulham shipped a respectable 53 goals in 38 Premier League outings. Only on three occasions, against Newcastle United and West Ham in the league and Manchester United in the FA Cup did Bernd Leno have to fish the ball out of the net three times or more.

Yet Duffy played no part in their surprising resilience and maiden top-flight survival since 2013 as Tim Ream and Issa Diop gave Marco Silva no reason to rotate his team.

Yet when all is said and done, was the towering Irishman really not worthy of more than 17 minutes of Premier League football across a nine-month campaign?

Playing alongside Omobamidele in David Wagner's back-four in Germany, he was unerring in the first 45 minutes before he was taken off to ensure Ben Gibson put some fuel in the engine ahead of the Championship curtain-raiser on 5 August against Hull City.

An imperious presence at the back, Duffy rolled back the Brighton & Hove Albion years, putting his body on the line and winning his aerial battles against Kaiserslautern's Lex Tyger Lobinger and Kenny Prince Redondo. On one occasion he even put his laces through the ball after progressing up the pitch, smashing a potent effort just north of Andreas Luthe's goal. All in all, he laid down the law to Kaiserslautern's forward men. helping the Canaries take the wind out of the their sails and register a clean sheet.

With hindsight not even getting the chance to express himself in a bid to show what he could do was a harsh blow for the proud Irishman during his unhappy London spell.

Barring a short stint at Burnley at the age of 19, it was the first time in over a decade that he featured so little.

Surprisingly he had to take a place on the bench 25 times in the Premier League all while being axed six times altogether from the matchday squad. Thus writing him off as a flop would be an exaggeration as Fulham supporters only got to see him for less than 20 minutes. And that's hardly enough time to get a pint at half-time during a game, let alone to show what you're made of.

But don't expect his confidence to be shattered just yet. Or Duffy refusing to have another crack at the Premier League with the Canaries in future.

And with a three-year deal in place he has enough time to reappear in England's top division through the front door.

Maybe he wasn't Marco Silva's cup of tea but he can still do a job in the Championship through his experience, tactical cleverness and robust defending.

Once the glue that held the Seagulls' defence together alongside Dunk, Burn and Webster the 31-year-old is looking to bounce back at Carrow Road, in a slower-paced and more physical division like the Championship.

Last but not least he'll be itching to show everyone that he could have hacked it in SW6 too.

And if he does just that at Carrow Road, with Ream not getting any younger, it may come back to bite the Cottagers at some point.

1FCK

1 Luthe- 2 Tomiak-5 Kraus- 11 Redondo- 15 Puchacz- 16 Niehues- 20 Raschl- 23 Hercher-27 Lobinger-33 Elvedi- 37 Durm

Norwich City

1 Gunn- 4 Omobamidele- 8 Gibbs-  11 Idah- 12 Mumba- 20 Placheta- 23 McLean- 24 Shane Duffy- 27 Rowe-30 Giannuolis

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/for-fulham-losing-this-shaun-duffy-may-turn-out-to-be-a-remorse-not-a-regret

WhiteJC

Ravens draw 3-3 as Fulham visit in pre-season friendly

Andy Woodman's Bromley welcomed a youthful Fulham side to Hayes Lane for a sunny Saturday encounter in Bromley's second friendly of the season, following a captivating win against Dulwich Hamlet on Tuesday night to grasp the Glyn Beverly Memorial Cup with both hands, after a dramatic penalty shootout saw the young Ravens come out on top. A duo of trialists also joined the battle against the Premier League side, adding to the Ravens' wealth of talent. 

Fulham got the game underway, and it was the boys in black and white who were the slightly superior side in the opening few minutes; neither side could assert control over the game, with a clear lack of chances.

A mazy run from Callum Reynolds earned the Ravens a dangerous opportunity from a Corey Whitely free kick, with the winger attempting to reincarnate his stunning set-piece goal from last pre-season against Arsenal; his effort glanced just wide of the post.

Promising player Josh Passley proved why he is one of the newest recruits, etching his name into the game through a ravishing chip into the area, met exquisitely by the boot of tricky winger Louis Dennis, as a scintillating swivel granted him the space to fire past Fulham 'keeper Alfie McNally.

The reprieve was short lived for the hosts, however, and a James Vennings heavy touch was punished by the visitors – after a series of punchy passes, Fulham number eight Oliver Sanderson directed his effort into the corner of the goal, leaving Chelsea loanee Teddy Sharman-Lowe with no chance of denying.

Fulham star man Sanderson nearly notched a second; this time, a brave display of goalkeeping from Sharman-Lowe denied the striker, and minutes later, the Bromley 'keeper was called into action again, with a fabulous save to force the ball onto the hand of Sanderson, winning the Ravens a free kick.

Besart Topalloj tried his luck from range on the half hour mark, forcing a comfortable save from McNally. A sly tug on the shirt of Dennis allowed Bromley another chance to test the Fulham number one, but James Vennings' effort struck the wall.

However, Vennings refused to be deterred, and after a clever dispossessal in the middle of the park, the virtuoso unleashed a fiery rocket towards goal, hurtling into the top corner of McNally's goal.

Passley persisted in probing down the right hand side, causing problems for the Fulham backline, with the ex-Havant and Waterlooville man raining down a torrent of crosses, eager to add to his earlier assist.

Despite an occasional chance for Fulham, it was Bromley that entered half time in front, the scoreline of 2-1 matching the performance displayed by either side, with the Ravens' sunny spells of possession allowing them to take the game to the visitors.

A double substitution for Bromley in the second half saw highly sought after goalkeeper Grant Smith replace Sharman-Lowe, as well as Dennis making way for Adam Marriott.

The Ravens picked up where they left off, and a lay-off to Jude Arthurs following tidy link-up play around the six yard box nearly resulted in a third for the hosts; the young midfielder's effort flew narrowly over the bar.

Fulham's attempt to keep a lid on Passley was unsuccessful, with the attacking full back's play style mirroring the nature of the weather: volatile, unpredictable and impossible to read.

Bromley's chance to extend their lead presented itself in the 65th minute – a darting run from prolific bagsman Michael Cheek saw him one-on-one with McNally; the latter was forced into a sublime save, denying a cheeky chip.

Smith exhibited his goalkeeping excellence following a teasing free kick, but a moment of hesitation from the Bromley backline was capitalized on by Fulham number 11 Terrell Works, as he struck the ball mercilessly into the back of the net to level the scoreline.

An eventful period followed, with Woodman making good use of his substitutions as nine new players entered proceedings, two new trialists among them. 

Bromley youngster Rhys Wyborn showed his promise down the left hand side, and an 80th minute cross into the box from the number 33 appeared lethal; nobody in black and white could get on the end of it.

At the other end, the team in green notched ahead of the hosts following an intellectual dribble and finish from substitute Callum McFarlane, with the number 18 effortlessly brushing the ball past the outstretched glove of Smith. The visitors were not in front for long, however, and an effective anticipation from Wyborn put the ball on a plate for young star George Alexander, who tapped home for the easiest goal he'll score all season.

The referee's final whistle marked a 3-3 draw, a seemingly fair result, with both sides displaying moments of brilliance as well as undoubtedly providing an array of highly impressive goals. 

https://www.bromleyfc.co.uk/news/ravens-draw-3-3-as-fulham-visit-in-pre-season-friendly/

WhiteJC

Liverpool put 'fantastic' PL player back on the table as Fabinho's replacement, his club want £90m

Liverpool are set to reconsider a move for Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha this summer.

Palhinha had previously been seen as one of the players under consideration for Liverpool's midfield rebuild. However, with Fulham reportedly demanding £90m to sell the Portugal international, nothing concrete ever emerged.

But now, according to the Liverpool Echo, the Reds could reignite their interest. They claim that Palhinha is now on a shortlist of players to replace Fabinho.

The Brazilian is set to join Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad, leaving Liverpool short of a natural defensive midfielder. Although it's claimed they had already been looking for Fabinho's long-term replacement this summer – with Romeo Lavia and Ryan Gravenberch identified – they are now having to find an immediate solution.

As a result, three players who had 'previously been dismissed,' are now 'back on the table.' Those three are Sofyan Amrabat, Kalvin Phillips and Palhinha.

There are also said to be other names on that list, but these aren't put forward at this stage.

Liverpool take another look at Palhinha
If Liverpool's transfer window was interesting before, it's just got downright fascintating.

Some had predicted the sale of Fabinho after a poor season last time out. But it seems as though Jurgen Klopp wasn't entertaining that this summer.

Instead, bringing in a younger understudy like Lavia while the Brazil international stuck around had seemed much more likely.

Thanks to Al Ittiahad though, that looks like now going out of the window. That's fine, Liverpool would have needed to refresh sooner or later anyway. This move simply brings that forward a year or two.

Of course, the problem now is that the Reds have no margin for error. They haven't brought Alexis Mac Allister or Dominik Szoboszlai in to play defensive midfield and others in the squad aren't a natural fit there, either.

He may not be the most glamorous signing, but Palhinha is. The 28-year-old was brilliant for Fulham last season and at times resembled Fabinho in his absolute prime. As Gary Neville said on The Overlap, he was 'fantastic' in that deep-lying role.

If the Cottagers hold out for their huge valuation though, we just don't see how this gets past the drawing board. One to keep an eye on nonetheless.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2023/07/15/report-liverpool-put-fantastic-pl-player-back-on-the-table-as-fabinhos-replacement-his-club-want-90m/

WhiteJC

"A statement signing" - Fulham in transfer battle for Southampton player: The verdict
FLW's verdict on Fulham's potential pursuit of James Ward-Prowse

This article is part of Football League World's 'The Verdict' series, which provides personal opinions from the FLW writers regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more...

Fulham are set to compete for the signing of James Ward-Prowse from Southampton.

According to Football Insider, the Cottagers have an interest in signing the 28-year-old this summer. However, Marco Silva's side will have to fend off West Ham in their race to sign the midfielder.

Would James Ward-Prowse be a good signing for Fulham?
The midfielder has been a key part of the Southampton squad for a decade, but this summer could represent the end of his time at St. Mary's.

Here we asked our FLW writers their verdict on whether Ward-Prowse would be a good potential signing for the Premier League club...

Declan Harte
Ward-Prowse is the key man at Southampton, so his departure would be a big blow to Russell Martin.

However, even with a 20-year association with the club, the reality of modern football is that a move back to the Premier League could be too lucrative and enticing for Ward-Prowse to turn down.

With the European Championship taking place next year, it may also be pivotal for the Englishman to be competing in the Premier League to stand any chance of making it into Gareth Southgate's squad in Germany.

Fulham earned an impressive 10th place finish in the Premier League last season, but still need to strengthen or else face the threat of dropping into the relegation battle.

Ward-Prowse is a dependable, experienced option to have in the middle of the pitch.

Everyone knows of his attacking threat from set pieces, which would also be a huge arsenal to have in their armoury.

His brilliance from dead-ball situations could also combine well with the likes of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who is a threatening presence in the air.

It does depend on the fee, with Southampton likely to charge a premium for such a key player, but this would be a promising move for Fulham if they can beat West Ham to the punch.

Chris Gallagher
This would be a statement signing for Fulham if they could pull it off.

Ward-Prowse is a proven player at Premier League level, he is in his peak years, and he has represented England, so there's no denying that he would be a real coup for the Cottagers.

However, because of all that, the Saints are going to demand a big fee for their skipper, and he will cost a significant sum for Fulham to get this over the line.

It has been a frustrating summer window so far for the Londoners, who are more concerned about keeping key figures, such as top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic and boss Marco Silva.

So, a new signing would change the mood around Craven Cottage, and Ward-Prowse would undoubtedly improve the squad at Fulham.

But, there is rival interest in the midfielder, and even after relegation, Southampton won't sell on the cheap, particularly as they have other assets to cash in on.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-compete-for-southampton-talisman-signing-the-verdict/

WhiteJC

Report: Two London rivals enter race for centre-back after Spurs have offer rejected

Roma Giallorossa have claimed that Tottenham Hotspur face competition from London rivals Fulham and West Ham United for AS Roma centre-back Roger Ibanez.

The report explains that Roma have to offload some players in order to make ways for new signings, with Ibanez being one of the players that the club are said to be listening to offers for.

It is alleged that Tottenham not only expressed an interest in the Brazilian but also sent an offer for him worth €22m (£18.8m) a week ago, which was met with a 'resounding no' by the Italian side.

Spurs would need to make second bid for Ibanez
Roma are said to have initially made it clear to Ibanez's suitors that they want €35m (£30m) for the player but they are thought to have now dropped their asking price to €30m (£25.6m).

The publication adds that the Giallorossi could even consider an offer of €25m (£21.4m) for the 24-year-old but it is explained that no concrete bids have arrived since Tottenham's initial effort.

The report goes on to reveal that over recent days, both the Cottagers and the Hammers have enquired about Ibanez.

Spurs Web Opinion
If Ibanez is on Tottenham's wishlist, he probably ranks a fair way down, with the Lilywhites seemingly prioritising moves for other centre-backs at the moment.

After Spurs wrap up the signing of a left-sided centre-back (probably Van de Ven or Tapsoba), I expect the club to reignite their interest in Marc Guehi.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-two-london-rivals-enter-race-for-centre-back-after-spurs-have-offer-rejected/

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace, Fulham make approach for Che Adams

Crystal Palace and Fulham have reportedly sounded out a summer swoop for Southampton forward Che Adams.

According to Daily Mail, Crystal Palace and Fulham have made enquiries about a move for Southampton forward Che Adams. The Saints paid £15 million to sign the Scottish striker.

Southampton captured Adams from Birmingham City in the summer of 2019 for a sum in the region of £15 million. Albeit not renowned for being a prolific goalscorer, he regularly chipped in with crucial goals in the Premier League for the south coast club over the years.

Despite a rough period for the Saints, Adams still managed to put his stamp on things last season. The 27-year-old, who has one year left on his contract at St. Mary's, netted 10 goals and registered three assists in 35 appearances across all competitions — the most of a Southampton player. But he was unable to prevent the Saints' relegation from the Premier League.

New Southampton boss Russell Martin is rebuilding his squad for next season in the Championship, and he could lose a number of key players in the aftermath of relegation, including the likes of Tino Livramento, Romeo Lavia, and Che Adams.

Adams is keen on the move as he aims to secure his spot in the Scotland squad for UEFA Euro 2024. If Southampton sell Adams, they would want to bank a fee in the region of £15 million. As such, a number of Premier League sides are taking a keen interest in Adams, including Crystal Palace and Fulham.

The Eagles, for one, never signed another prolific striker after Christian Benteke left and only have two natural strikers at the club in Odsonne Edouard and Jean-Philippe Mateta, the latter of whom only managed two goals across the whole season.

With Wilfried Zaha now a free agent and no forward bar Eberechi Eze scoring over five league goals last season, Palace need a new striker. Adams may not get the Palace supporters' pulses racing, having never hit double figures for Premier League goals. But his numbers put him in a better light than the existing strikers, making him a good value-for-money investment.

As for Fulham, they could yet lose the services of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has been the subject of interest from Al-Hilal. The Serbian hitman's head has been turned by the dizzying offer put on the table by the Saudi Pro League giants, and he reportedly wants to leave the club.

There would be doubts over whether Adams could be the answer to both sides' need for a prolific marksman. But he is clever with his movement and has proven himself to be a handful with his pace and power in the top flight. He is someone capable of finding the net regularly with the right support.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/07/15/crystal-palace-fulham-make-approach-for-che-adams/

WhiteJC

Fulham hoping to beat Liverpool to 21-year-old Brazilian starlet

Liverpool to enter the race for Brazilian midfielder Andre Trindade

Liverpool have apparently already spoken to the representatives of Fluminense midfielder Andre Trindade.

That is according to 90min, via Liverpool ECHO. But it said that Fulham are hoping to beat the competition to sign the 21-year-old Brazilian talent.

Andre Trindade has garnered significant attention, with reports indicating interest from various Premier League clubs. While Fulham are leading the race, Arsenal, Barcelona, West Ham United, Arsenal and Atlético Madrid have also been following the young midfielder.

Andre's debut for Brazil earlier this year highlights his potential and has caught the attention of top clubs across Europe. Liverpool recognizes the value he could bring to their squad and is poised to make a move for his signature.

With Fabinho and/or Jordan Henderson potentially switching to Saudi, the depth in the midfield again creates a cause for concern and the Reds' interest in a top talent like Andre is a testament to their understanding of the same with the intention of getting the player on board to nullify that potential void.

As the transfer discussions progress, Liverpool fans will closely follow any developments regarding Andre's potential move to Anfield. The Fluminese #7 is great on the ball [Natural for Brazilians] and also likes to take on a shot from a distance.

There's plenty of room in the club for more midfielders as we anticipate what's ahead for the club in the transfer window. Hopefully, we can get on board Trindade and see him shine in a Liverpool jersey.

Liverpool fans will eagerly await further updates as the club's pursuit of Andre progresses, hoping for a successful outcome that brings the talented midfielder to Anfield.

https://thekoptimes.com/2023/07/16/liverpool-to-enter-the-race-for-brazilian-midfielder-andre-trindade-latest-news/

Stevieboy

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 16, 2023, 08:38:04 AMWest Ham rivalled for Declan Rice replacement as Fulham barge into race for 'top-money' asset

Fulham have reportedly entered the race for James Ward-Prowse, as they'll rival West Ham United, who are looking to replace the departing Declan Rice.

The exit of Rice was going to hit the Hammers hard whenever it happened. The club captain, who is also the best player, leaving the club is obviously a big blow.

That blow could be softened if they recruit right after his departure, though. With the £105million they're set to receive, they could both replace him and pick up a few other useful assets in other positions.

A few options have been mooted, one of those being Southampton captain Ward-Prowse. That the Saints were relegated from the Premier League last season suggests he'll more than likely be sold, as the chances of him playing in the Championship are negligible.

But West Ham will receive competition from Fulham for the snare. Football Insider reports the Hammers are waiting for confirmation of the Rice deal before fully pursuing Ward-Prowse.

In the meantime, they could slip behind Fulham, who have made enquiries about a potential deal, as per that report. Southampton are said to be 'willing to wait for a suitable offer to arrive'.

If Fulham make that offer first, there's no reason to suggest they shouldn't be able to get the deal over the line ahead of the Hammers.

However, the East Londoners will receive a small fortune when Rice's sale is officially confirmed. And with Southampton apparently holding out for 'top money', they might well be anticipating a better offer from the Hammers than from Fulham.

In the event that the latter succeeds, while West Ham may lose out on Ward-Prowse, they could have the last laugh. Indeed, they've reportedly identified Cottagers midfielder Joao Palhinha as a suitable replacement for Rice.

If West Ham aren't able to sign Ward-Prowse, they'll have more of their Rice money left in order to potentially force Fulham into the sale of Palhinha instead.

They'd likely be happy with either midfielder, or even potentially both, as they could surely afford to add both men into the mix.

As such, they'll surely not be too worried about having Ward-Prowse stolen away from under their noses while waiting for their big bucks to come in.

https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-rivalled-declan-rice-replacement-fulham-barge-in-top-money

Another cut and paste report, I thought we have be linked with JWP for weeks now !!