watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Women's World Cup 2023

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, July 16, 2023, 10:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/womens/womensworldcup/australia-new-zealand2023/tv-programme

I am rather looking forward to this now, and good to see that most of the games are on TV (or some of them on  Web Channels)...

Australia Vs Republic of Ireland on the First day could be fun.

Strangely I see that at USA Vs Vietnam isn't being shown anywhere, that's one I would definitely keep an eye out for (the history buff in me).

England of course have a genuine chance of doing something very special.

Lighthouse

Injuries have made the England squad a lot less like one of the favourites this time. Not sure they have settled on their best team or best defenders, forwards, formation. Unlike the last mens World Cup which I didn't watch due to the venue. This will at least be worth keeping an eye on even with the time difference.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I entirely agree with Lighthouse. This is not the England team which won the Euros and as usual expectations are being hyped up.

Dr Know

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on July 16, 2023, 10:10:15 AMhttps://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/womens/womensworldcup/australia-new-zealand2023/tv-programme

I am rather looking forward to this now, and good to see that most of the games are on TV (or some.kf them on  Web Channels)...

Australia Vs Republic of Ireland on the First day could be fun.

Strangely I see them at USA Vs Vietnam isn't being shown anywhere, that's one I would definitely keep an eye out for (the history buff in me).

England of course have a genuine chance of doing something very special.

It seems ALL the games are on tv !

Cobh Fulham Fan

The Irish V Columbian pre-tournament warm up match behind closed doors had to be abandoned after 20 minutes play two days ago, when the Columbians began kicking everything on the pitch except the ball. there is now further uproar after someone in Columbia leaked footage of the scenes online.   

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on July 16, 2023, 04:26:23 PMThe Irish V Columbian pre-tournament warm up match behind closed doors had to be abandoned after 20 minutes play two days ago, when the Columbians began kicking everything on the pitch except the ball. there is now further uproar after someone in Columbia leaked footage of the scenes online.   

😳

Found a clip...

https://youtu.be/xPbfNcItvTE

👍

Steeeeeeeeeed

Here's an interesting recent game from the Favourites USA, against Wrexham.Mens team...

https://youtu.be/GEpTpY7CEPM

Lighthouse

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on July 16, 2023, 05:23:47 PMHere's an interesting recent game from the Favourites USA, against Wrexham.Mens team...

https://youtu.be/GEpTpY7CEPM

Except it has been doing the rounds for some time. The idea being that men are stronger than women and quicker. So therefor we should never allow Women to play sport or compete with each other as men are superior.

But does watching Barcelona stop people watching their local side. The gap in skill and speed is about the same. All sports add something different. I enjoy women's tennis sometimes more than the men.As it provides more than just bish,bash,bosh. Same with cricket and even football sometimes. Mind you we still live in a World that in 2023 the people running sport have just discovered Women have monthly periods and so would feel more comfortable not wearing white shorts. It is bizarre what women have to put up with.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Oh yeah, I wasn't taking the Mickey out of the women's by posting that, just thought it was interesting though.

Yes the women's and men's game are vastly different, but I am looking forward to this World Cup and hope it is a Festival of Fun and Football as World Cups should be, and certainly as the Lionesses provided at the Euros.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Enjoying this, NZ have been really hustling and  bustling, and glad I put on my bet for them not to lose at 4/1...(they were 10/1 to win) ....(hosts, big upset, first game of the WC, seemed possible...

G'wan New Zealand

::scarf::

Stevieboy

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on July 16, 2023, 05:08:34 PM
Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on July 16, 2023, 04:26:23 PMThe Irish V Columbian pre-tournament warm up match behind closed doors had to be abandoned after 20 minutes play two days ago, when the Columbians began kicking everything on the pitch except the ball. there is now further uproar after someone in Columbia leaked footage of the scenes online.   

😳

Found a clip...

https://youtu.be/xPbfNcItvTE

👍
Appears to be one bad tackle shown over and over again!
I hope the men's game never gets this 'soft'....

Lighthouse

Interesting opening game with joint hosts New Zealand winning against one of the favourites in the first group game.

But I thought the referee was excellent. Very clear with what she was looking for at corners and very precise. At VAR checks by the referee at the screen. They now have the referee announce to the crowd what they were looking at and the decision.

A good idea that hopefully will come into our game. Not that any of us will be watching anymore. The Saudi business has turned my stomach at all the filth that have already gone. Hope that none of our players, despite rumours, ens up going. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

Australia Vs Ireland has had some beefy challenges so far, should have been a couple of yellows at least.

Free Elvis Hammond

Enjoyed the second half of the NZ game. Ireland game has been a bit of a dirge but I follow the men's team so nothing new there

Lighthouse

Opening group games are never usually entertaining affairs. But love the Ireland tackling. Than the smiles. Katie McCabe does like to leave behind a reminder. Although what the booking was for, for the Ireland player I am not sure.

We Are Premier League

Women's football could be great, I just wish they resized everything

Men and women are built differently...if the pitch (to long and wide), goals (to high) and ball (to big and heavy) was scaled down the game could be fantastic.

Lighthouse

Exciting finish for Ireland against Australia. Well it nearly was with Ireland having a few half chances to equalise. Oh well back to the frustrating reality.

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 20, 2023, 12:27:39 PMWomen's football could be great, I just wish they resized everything

Men and women are built differently...if the pitch (to long and wide), goals (to high) and ball (to big and heavy) was scaled down the game could be fantastic.

Difficult one that - it would obviously improve the quality of the spectacle, but would instantly make the game less accessible/universal. Clubs would have to spend more to make it viable and realistically that would probably kill of the momentum that's been building for the last few years

Lighthouse

We have football pitches, and grounds and goals. Not sure we need to change the size to accommodate women anymore than we would for school kids. Just adds another dimension to the game.

Women don't run shorter distances or play on smaller tennis courts. But they do play shorter number of sets. I understand cricket can change boundaries etc. But I think keeping it the same makes it more accessible.

kiwian

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on July 20, 2023, 09:29:21 AMEnjoying this, NZ have been really hustling and  bustling, and glad I put on my bet for them not to lose at 4/1...(they were 10/1 to win) ....(hosts, big upset, first game of the WC, seemed possible...

G'wan New Zealand

::scarf::
you bet! Great result
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?