https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 19/07/23...

Started by WhiteJC, July 18, 2023, 11:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: Brighton Edge out Fulham in Battle for Defender
The Southern Charm of Brighton Entices Igor

There's a stirring down by the English Channel. A gust of ambition sweeps across the Amex Stadium. Yes, Brighton, it seems, are set to pluck the defender Igor from Fiorentina's grasp, pulling the rug out from under Fulham in the process.

At 25, Igor is edging towards a personal agreement with the Seagulls before the two clubs convene for direct talks over his fee. There's an unmistakeable spark in the air, a palpable sense of anticipation that Brighton may soon welcome a new defender to its ranks.

Last week, Fulham, their hopes buoyed, attempted to secure the Brazilian centre-back with a £7 million bid. This move, however, was quickly batted away.

Brighton: The £20m Haven for Fiorentina's Star
In a twist of events, Brighton have flown into the fray for the coveted defender, with the allure of Fiorentina's star valued at roughly £20 million. As of now, Brighton's allure appears irresistible, not least because of its Europa League status.

Fulham, however, aren't standing idle. Their radar now locks onto a new target: Benfica's Morato. Last week saw Fulham make an inaugural £8.6 million bid for the player, only to be dismissed by the Portuguese giants who, it seems, will not part with Morato unless they see a substantially elevated offer.

Marco Silva's Quest for Fresh Defending Talent
Marco Silva, it's clear, is on a mission this summer. The manager is keen to sign a new defender, particularly as Tosin Adarabioyo seems poised to exit, courted by the likes of Tottenham, Monaco, and Rennes.

Brighton's play for Igor represents an intriguing chapter in this off-season's narrative. Amidst the whispers and murmurs of negotiations, the larger footballing world watches on, keen to see how this southern duel plays out. It's a story of unexpected twists and strategic play, as Brighton, Fulham, and a certain Brazilian defender find themselves tangled in a web of ambition and talent.

These insights are reported by the Evening Standard, offering an enthralling glimpse into the machinations of football's off-pitch drama. But for now, the suspense continues to build, leaving fans and clubs alike waiting for the next move in this captivating chess match.

https://eplindex.com/92362/report-brighton-edge-out-fulham-in-battle-for-defender.html

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham have now given up on signing £90m player, amid reports Liverpool are interested
West Ham will reportedly not look to make a second bid for Joao Palhinha, with Liverpool also chasing the Fulham midfielder this summer.

According to the Athletic, the Irons are now no longer confident they can sign Palhinha after having a £45m bid rejected by Marco Silva's side, with West Ham now likely to pursue other targets in the market having been shot down by Fulham.

With the Liverpool Echo recently reporting that Jurgen Klopp's side are interested in Palhinha, West Ham dropping their interest in the midfielder could be huge for the Reds, especially with Fabinho set to leave Anfield for Al-Ittihad in the coming days.

However, according to the Daily Mail, Fulham aren't afraid to demand as much as £90m for Palhinha, who last season was a key reason behind the Cottagers' incredible year back in the Premier League, with the midfielder winning admirers from the likes of Liverpool.

Indeed, with West Ham now out of the picture for Palhinha, Liverpool could stand with a good chance of landing the midfielder. But with Fulham rejecting a £45m offer for the 28-year-old, it would take a sizeable bid for the Reds to land the Portuguese international.

West Ham's Palhinha stance now a double-edge sword for Liverpool
West Ham pulling out of the race for Palhinha should, on paper at least, be seen as a big win for Liverpool. However, given how big a bid the Hammers made for the Fulham man only to see it shot down, the Reds could now think they might have to break the bank for the midfielder.

As we know, Fulham are intent on keeping hold of Palhinha this summer. And whilst Liverpool would be a tempting move for the midfielder, the Anfield side can be forgiven for not wanting to spend too much on a player who is now 28-years-old.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2023/07/18/west-ham-have-now-given-up-on-signing-90m-liverpool-transfer-target/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Hudson-Odoi bid rejected
The winger is hoping to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

Fulham have made an opening bid for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, however it has been knocked back by the Blues, according to a recent report from The Daily Mail.

What's the latest Fulham transfer news?
Fulham are looking at strengthening their attacking options this summer, however they have already missed out on a couple of their targets, with former Coventry City striker Victor Gyokeres recently agreeing a deal with Portuguese side Sporting CP.

The Cottagers have also rejected the chance to hand a Premier League return to attacking midfielder Brendan Aaronson, with the USMNT star recently joining Union Berlin on loan from Leeds United.

Marco Silva may need to start thinking about bringing in a replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic, with Football Insider recently reporting that Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal are confident of completing a deal to sign the Serbian striker this summer.

Not only that, Manor Solomon's departure means that new wide options may also be required at Craven Cottage, and Fulham have recently made their interest in signing Hudson-Odoi very clear.

According to a report from The Daily Mail, the Cottagers have now submitted their opening offer for the 22-year-old, who is set on leaving his boyhood club, as he approaches the final year of his £120k-per-week contract at Stamford Bridge.

New manager Mauricio Pochettino is unable to guarantee the Englishman consistent game time following the arrival of Noni Madueke, as well as several other stars in January and last summer.

However, the bid has been rejected by Chelsea, with the Blues unhappy with the offer they received, and it remains to be seen whether Fulham come back to the negotiating table with a new proposal.

Is Hudson-Odoi leaving Chelsea?
It is no wonder the 22-year-old has his heart set on leaving this summer, as he was sent out on loan during the 2022-23 campaign, making a total of 14 Bundesliga appearances for Bayer Leverkusen, however he did not manage to impress.

During his time with the German club, the Cobham academy graduate failed to score a single league goal, weighing in with just one assist, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good signing for Fulham this summer.

Hailed as "amazingly talented" by football scout Jacek Kulig, the winger is a very confident dribbler of the ball, ranking in the 87th percentile for progressive carries per 90 over the past year, when compared to his positional peers.

A move to a club where he receives consistent game time could be exactly what the three-time England international needs at this stage of his career, having only been used sporadically for Chelsea over the past few years.

When he has received consistent game time, Hudson-Odoi has often impressed, recording one goal and five assists for Chelsea in the 2019-20 campaign, while he also has a total of four Champions League goals to his name.

Fulham should test the waters with another offer for the Chelsea ace in the coming days, as he could be a fantastic addition to Silva's squad.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-premier-league-callum-hudson-odoi-transfer-news-rumours-updates/

WhiteJC

Fulham beat Chelsea to Brazilian veteran with Stamford Bridge legacy
Chelsea held talks to sign Willian as free agent before Fulham stay
Fulham star Willian was on the radar of Chelsea in the ongoing transfer window before the forward extended his stay at the Cottagers, according to ESPN Brasil's Joao Castelo-Branco on Twitter (h/t Metro).

The Brazilian signed for the Craven Cottage side last summer. However, for a brief moment this summer, the 34-year-old was available as a free agent. To that end, the Blues enquired about getting a hold of his signature.

However, the Stamford Bridge side were not in advanced talks with Willian regarding a return. He was a backup target for the West London club to bolster their attacking ranks.

Chelsea were not the only team looking to acquire the Brazilian's services recently. Premier League rivals Manchester United were also in the race, while the 34-year-old turned down approaches from Nottingham Forest to remain at Fulham.

Willian established himself in the Premier League at the Stamford Bridge side. He spent seven fruitful years at the Blues, winning multiple English top-flight titles and the Europa League.

In the previous campaign, the Brazilian caught a lot of people's attention with his performances at the Craven Cottage side. In 27 PL appearances for the Cottagers, the 34-year-old scored five goals and provided five assists.

As far as Chelsea are concerned, we have the likes of Raheem Sterling, Mykhaylo Mudryk and Noni Madueke in our ranks. The Blues have sold Kai Havertz, Christian Pulisic and did not retain Joao Felix after his impressive loan spell last season.

In the attack, the Stamford Bridge side were disappointing in the 2022/23 term. Our striking department lacks a lot of quality and depth as well.

https://www.astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2023/07/chelsea-held-talks-to-sign-willian-as-free-agent-before-fulham-stay/

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm re-signing Willian on a one-year deal
Fulham have officially announced the re-signing of Willian on a one-year contract, with the possibility of extending it for an additional 12 months.

Willian has re-signed for Fulham on a one-year deal with an option for a further 12 months.

The 34-year-old former Chelsea and Arsenal winger, holder of 70 Brazil caps, scored five goals and provided six assists in 27 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers last season as Marco Silva's men finished 10th.

Having reached the end of his contract, Willian was understood to have been in talks with Nottingham Forest about a possible move and visited their training ground last week.

But he will again be with Fulham next season, saying in quotes on their official website: "I'm completely happy.

"Happy to sign one more year with Fulham. Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

Fulham owner Tony Khan said: "I'm thrilled that Willian will return to Fulham for at least one more season.

"He was a very important addition last summer and was a significant contributor during one of the most successful Premier League campaigns our club has ever had.

"We're all very excited that he'll return to Craven Cottage as we aim for another successful season in the Premier League together."

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/fulham-confirm-resigning-willian-on-a-one-year-deal

WhiteJC

West Ham now set to walk away from deal for 'special' player, they won't make another bid
West Ham are set to walk away from a deal for 28-year-old Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha after having an initial bid rejected.

That's according to The Athletic who reported a £45 million offer was rejected by Fulham yesterday.

As it stands the club are not expected to make a second offer and will now look at other targets.

Moyes and West Ham have a massive task on their hands to replace Declan Rice this summer and they are seemingly wasting no time.

Fulham are said to value their Portuguese midfielder at around £90m, a fee sure to put off any potential suitors.

Fulham are reluctant to sell their 'special' midfielder in order to avoid a similar recruitment drive to West Ham before the season starts.

West Ham have been drawing up a long list of midfielders to replace Rice and were also said to hold significant interest in Monaco's 24-year-old Youssouf Fofana.

Palhinha unlikely to replace Rice at West Ham
Despite West Ham's interest it seems Joao Palhinha will remain at Craven Cottage next season.

The 28-year-old, with 21 caps for Portugal, was voted Fulham's Player of the Season for 2022/23, winning by a landslide 58.6% of the vote.

Interestingly he wouldn't have been a typical replacement for Declan Rice and would represent a stylistic change for Moyes' side.

Rice had a strong reputation for his ball-carrying and progressive passing but Palhinha is seen as a more typical combative defensive midfielder.

There's no doubting the quality of the Portuguese international, but he wouldn't represent a seamless transition playing alongside the likes of Tomas Soucek and Lucas Paqueta.

Aside from Rice, West Ham's Flynn Downes has also been linked with a move away from the club.

The 24-year-old who arrived from Swansea City for £12 million last summer has interest from his former manager Russell Martin who is now the new Southampton boss.

West Ham fans might be reluctant to see the midfielder leave given the circumstances, and especially as he performed well in their run to win last season's UEFA Europa Conference League.

https://tbrfootball.com/west-ham-now-set-to-walk-away-from-deal-for-special-player-they-wont-make-another-bid/

WhiteJC

"Great squad addition" - Fulham eyeing Southampton player: The Verdict
FLW writers have shared their thoughts on Fulham's interest in Che Adams of Southampton.

This article is part of Football League World's 'The Verdict' series, which provides personal opinions from the FLW writers regarding the latest breaking news, teams, players, managers, potential signings and more...

Premier League side Fulham have joined the transfer race for Southampton striker Che Adams.

That is according to Sky Sports Transfer Centre, who state the London side as well as Crystal Palace have made enquiries about the Scottish international, who is being looked at by "a number of Premier League sides".

Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Burnley and Everton have all been linked with a move for the striker, who Southampton value at around the £15 million mark.

The 27-year-old, who has one year left on his contract at St Mary's, scored 10 goals and registered three assists in 35 appearances in all competitions last season.

But, with Southampton's relegation to the Championship, it seems the forward is keen to move away with several Premier League sides keen.

Would Che Adams be a good signing for Fulham?
Some of the writers at Football League World have shared their thoughts on Fulham's interest in Che Adams and stated whether they think he would be a good signing and a good replacement for Aleksander Mitrovic.

Here is what they said...

Brett Worthington
It is clear that Adams is likely to leave Southampton this summer, as the club looks to make sweeping changes across the board.

The 27-year-old seems keen to move on, and with his contract situation what it is, the Saints seem willing to listen to offers as long as they hit their value.

Fulham are now the latest side to join the race for a striker who probably still has something to offer in the Premier League.

Adams struggled to be a regular scorer for Southampton, but maybe in a different team with better players he could flourish at the top level.

At Fulham, he would be joining a side that has really flourished under Marco Silva, and with their talent on show, the Scot could be an excellent addition.

Adams works hard at the top end of the pitch, and his link-up play is definitely very good, so it could make him a useful asset to have in the squad.

However, if Fulham are turning to him as a potential Aleksander Mitrovic replacement, then they need to look elsewhere. As said, Adams would be a great squad addition, chipping in with goals here and there, but he doesn't seem to be the type of striker that is going to replace the source of goals that Mitrovic has provided in recent seasons.

Alfie Burns
There are certainly perks to bringing in a player like Adams.

The Southampton forward has great energy at the top of the pitch, can stretch defences and bring others into play. He's got the quality to play at the top level without a doubt, it's just that Fulham have to be careful with how much they rely on him for goals.

Adding him to last season's squad would be fine. Aleksandar Mitrovic could continue to carry the burden of being the club's go-to goalscorer.

However, with his future up in the air, it does beg the question whether or not Adams is going to be good enough to replace those goals if the Serbian does leave.

Adams has never scored more than nine goals in a single Premier League campaign, averaging only five goals across five seasons and under three assists. For context, Mitrovic, who has had his top-flight ability questioned in the past, has scored 11 and 14 goals in two of the three seasons he's played in the Premier League.

If Fulham are looking for his successor, Adams isn't the player for them. He'd be a great squad option, but succeeding such a prolific and important goalscorer would just be a step too far.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/great-squad-addition-fulham-eyeing-southampton-player-the-verdict/

WhiteJC

Willian: 'I want to continue this amazing adventure'
Fulham winger Willian wants to build on his superb first season at Craven Cottage after rejoining the Whites yesterday.

The Brazilian international, who starred on his surprise return to the Premier League last September, completed his U-turn over his Fulham future by signing a new deal with London's oldest professional cub yesterday – having initially rejected a contract extension and letting his short-term deal in SW6 expire at the end of last month. The former Chelsea and Arsenal veteran turned down a big-money offer from Nottingham Forest to commit his future to the Cottagers and he told FFCTV of his delight this morning:

"I'm completely happy – happy to sign one more year with Fulham, happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my team-mates and the whole club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure. I think it feels like home to me already. It always was my preference to come back to Fulham, to renew my contract and I finally did it so I'm fully happy."

Head coach Marco Silva proved pivotal in the 34 year-old's abrupt change of heart, having demanded that the Fulham hierarchy improve the terms they had originally offered to one of his key players last season.

"Marco is a guy that I have all the respect for. He's an amazing person and for me a top manager, one of the best in the league. It's a pleasure for me to work with him."

Willian, who scored five goals in thirty appearances as Silva's side finished tenth last term, also disclosed how persuasive persistent messages from his team-mates and the Fulham fans were in convincing him to return to the club for another year.

"I spoke with some of them, especially the Brazilian ones. They always said to me to stay and to renew my contract. It is good to get these messages from them and I'm happy to back! They were very happy [yesterday] when they saw me but I told Andreas to not do that. I said to Andreas, 'don't put it on social media because I need to sign first, but he said, I don't care, you are here!'

I have thank you for all the support. The Fulham fans have been amazing with me from the first day. I just want to continue doing the best thing that I can do inside the pitch for them, scoring goals, making some assists, playing better and better every game – so that's what I want to do for them. It was an amazing season last year and we have the opportunity to carry on the hard work: our levels must not drop now."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/willian-i-want-to-continue-this-amazing-adventure/

WhiteJC

Chelsea and Man Utd both made surprise free transfer approach for Willian before he signed new Fulham deal

Chelsea and Manchester United both reportedly inquired about signing Willian before the Brazilian penned a new Fulham deal.

Chelsea and Man Utd showed interest in Willian
    Brazilian was seen as a Plan B option
    Willian decides to sign new Fulham deal

WHAT HAPPENED? According to ESPN Brasil, the two Premier League giants were keen to sign the player earlier in the summer transfer window. However, negotiations with both clubs did not progress significantly, as they considered him a secondary target. Eventually, Willian chose to stay at Fulham, where he has just signed a one-year contract to continue in the Premier League.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Willian also reportedly had an offer from Nottingham Forest but he rejected the approach to continue at Craven Cottage, where he excelled after making a surprise return to the English top-flight from Corinthians in September 2022. He was one of the standout performers for Fulham in the 2022-23 season as he contributed five goals and an equal number of assists in 27 appearances.

AND WHAT'S MORE: "I'm completely happy. Happy to sign one more year with Fulham. Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure," Willian told Fulham's official website after signing his new contract.

Having previously spent seven successful seasons at Chelsea, where he won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup, the Carabao Cup and the Europa League, he briefly joined Arsenal in 2020 before returning to Brazil to play for Corinthians. However, the new contract with Fulham sets the stage for another campaign in the Premier League.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chelsea-and-man-utd-both-approached-willian-before-new-fulham-deal/bltf4753d37e3e91b22

WhiteJC

Liverpool must pay £90M to complete deal for excellent midfielder

Yesterday, I wrote an article explaining why I believe Joao Palhinha would be the perfect replacement for Fabinho should he join Al-Ittihad.

Since then, Liverpol have received a £40M bid from the Saudi Arabian outfit and the Brazilian is now closer to leaving Anfield than ever.

However, despite Palhinha's obvious suitability to the system that Jurgen Klopp employs, signing him will be a lot more difficult than I envisaged.

According to the Athletic, West Ham have had a £45M bid rejected for the Portuguese enforcer and it would appear that Declan Rice's move to Arsenal has inflated the market for defensive midfielders.

The Englishman narrowly misses out to Chelsea's Enzo Fernandez as the most expensive signing in Premier League history after the Gunners paid £105M to convince West Ham to part ways with the 24-year-old.

How much would Joao Palhinha cost Liverpool?
Fulham are ready to demand a whopping £90M for Palhinha which will likely pause any Liverpool interest in signing him this summer which is a real shame.

As I discussed yesterday, the former Sporting Lisbon star boasts some of the most elite stats for a holding midfielder and while his aggressive defending may appeal to Klopp, his price tag will be a huge turnoff for owners FSG.

https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/transfers/liverpool-must-pay-ps90m-to-complete-deal-for-excellent-midfielder

WhiteJC

'Someone told me': 46-year-old manager was really open to taking the West Ham job – journalist
Marco Silva was very much open to taking the West Ham job earlier this summer.

The east London club were reportedly considering parting ways with David Moyes at the end of the season, but, ultimately, they have decided to stick with the Scot after their Europa Conference League triumph.

At the time, Silva was strongly linked with a move to the London Stadium, and according to Dean Jones, speaking on the Fulhamish Podcast, the 46-year-old manager would happily have considered the West Ham job if he was offered that opportunity.

Silva would've considered West Ham
Jones shared what he knows about the Fulham manager.

"He's clearly keeping his options open, that doesn't seem to be in doubt at this point. Someone told me about the West Ham job that he would have seriously considered that offer which bothered me a bit at the time, I didn't like that, but with the Saudi Arabia stuff he had a genuine offer and he didn't go there," Jones said.

An option
West Ham should keep this option in the back of their minds throughout next season.

Of course, every Hammers fan will be hoping that they're not facing a managerial change anytime soon, but after losing Declan Rice and faltering in the league last season, the reality is that it may not take long for Moyes to come under a bit of pressure.

If Moyes ultimately does have to go, Silva is right there as an option, and after a fantastic campaign with Fulham, he could be a great option for the east London club if they are indeed looking for a new gaffer soon.

https://tbrfootball.com/someone-told-me-46-year-old-manager-was-really-open-to-taking-the-west-ham-job-journalist/

WhiteJC

Fulham chasing Castagne
Fulham are preparing an offer for Leicester City full back Timothy Castagne, according to the Athletic.

The Belgian international is interested in reviving his Premier League career after the Foxes were relegated from the top flight last season and, although new Leicester head coach Enzo Maresco is keen to keep the 27 year-old versatile defender as he plots an immediate return to the top flight, the Midlands club are planning for his likely departure before the start of the new season.

Fulham view the former Genk and Atalanta full back as an ideal acquisition as they seek to strengthen Marco Silva's defensive options ahead of the big kick off – especially as Castagne can play in both full back positions and further forward on the right flank, where he featured for the Foxes in a pre-season friendly last week. Castagne, who has played 112 games and scored five goals in three years at the King Power Stadium, was part of the Leicester squad that lifted the FA Cup in 2021 when they beat Chelsea in the final.

A long-term Fulham target, he has won 33 senior caps for his country – scoring two goals at full international level – and was part of the Belgian squad at last year's World Cup, playing in all three group games for Roberto Martinez's side.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/fulham-chasing-castagne/

WhiteJC

Fulham become latest team to show interest in Leicester City defender

Fulham are keen on bringing Leicester City defender Timothy Castagne to Craven Cottage this summer, as per The Athletic (Via Hammy End).

Castagne, 27, made 37 Premier League appearances for Leicester City last season scoring twice and assisting another three from right back.

The Foxes suffered an unfortunate relegation which has led to many of their key players having already left or subject to strong interest from elsewhere.

The Belgium international has proven to be a strong option at the King Power Stadium since moving to England from Atalanta in 2020. He was part of a successful time at the club and enjoyed a run which ultimately ended up with Leicester City winning the FA Cup back in 2021.

Arsenal reportedly held interest in the defender earlier this summer, but those rumours have since gone quiet.

However, it has now been claimed Marco Silva's Fulham are eyeing up a deal for the Belgian with the Portuguese boss looking to strengthen his defensive options ahead of what he hopes is another strong campaign from his side.

An inevitable loss
Enzo Maresca has had a solid summer window so far. The former Manchester City assistant has saw several top quality players added to his ranks ahead of the 2023/24 season with many now dubbing Leicester City as title favourites.

The Foxes may find it hard to keep Castagne at the club should Fulham make a concrete offer, but it is vital they hold out on their valuation and use any money brought in to ensure they stand the best chance possible of achieving promotion at the first time of asking.

It will be interesting to see how this one develops and whether Castagne is tempted away with the guarantee of top flight football and a potential top half push under Silva's guidance.

Leicester City begin their new Championship era with a clash against Coventry City at home in less than three weeks time.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/18/fulham-become-latest-team-to-show-interest-in-leicester-city-defender/

WhiteJC

Fulham placed new €20m+ bid for player – Clearly keen on move happening
The Portuguese media today reports the latest bid made by Fulham for Benfica defender Morato.

According to newspaper O Jogo, following the Whites' last €17m offer, they now put €21m on the table.

The amount, however, wasn't enough to convince Benfica, who'll continue to demand more from Fulham to get the sale done.

The newspaper explains that Morato 'is seen as the future' of the Eagles defence, and the club are only set to let him go in case they receive an offer they can't refuse.

It's explained that Fulham boss Marco Silva 'appreciates' the centre-back's qualities, and is looking for a player of his position to replace Tosin Adarabioyo, who's wanted by Tottenham Hotspur and AS Monaco.

Morato has a contract with Benfica lasting until 2027, and despite being valued by Transfermarkt at just €13m, he's protected by the Eagles with a €100m release clause. That means the Lisbon side have a huge margin of negotiation, and will certainly keep pushing to see how far Fulham can go for the transfer.

O Jogo don't say if the Craven Cottage side will be back with a new bid.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-placed-new-e20m-bid-player-clearly-keen-move-happening/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Cottagers submit £26m bid for Andre
Negotiations over a deal for the midfielder are now advancing.

Fulham have now submitted a bid of €30m (£26m) for Fluminense midfielder Andre, as they are keen to get the deal wrapped up as quickly as possible, according to a recent update from journalist Emmanuel Luiz.

What's the latest Fulham transfer news?
Signing a winger is seemingly one of Marco Silva's priorities this summer, and the manager has now brought Willian back on a one-year deal, with the Brazilian opting to return to Craven Cottage rather than move to Nottingham Forest.

The Cottagers have also made an offer for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, but while the 22-year-old does want to leave Stamford Bridge this summer, the opening bid was not high enough to tempt his current employers into a sale.

Silva may also need to think about bringing in a new central midfielder this summer, as Joao Palhinha's future is in doubt, with West Ham United recently making a £45m bid, however the 28-year-old insisted he is happy at Fulham earlier this summer.

According to Brazilian journalist Emmanuel Luiz, Fulham are "still talking" about a deal for Andre with Fluminense, but his current club are determined to keep him until the end of the year, so a new proposal has been submitted.

The Cottagers have now offered €30m (£26m) for 85% of the player, and they have agreed to let him stay in Brazil until January 2024, with negotiations over a deal now advancing.

Luiz states that Fulham want the deal done "as soon as possible" as they fear a club with a greater European pedigree could make a late swoop, with the likes of Liverpool and Barcelona also said to be interested.

The €30m (£26m) outlay would match the club-record fee paid to sign Jean Michael-Seri from OGC in the 2018-19 season.

Who is Andre signing for?
There have been a whole host of top clubs linked with moves for the 22-year-old in recent weeks, with Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur also being spoken to by the player's representatives.

However, Fulham are confident about being able to strike a deal, and they have seemingly made good progress in negotiations over the past few days, having agreed to let him stay in Brazil until next year.

If the one-time Brazil international does pen a move to Craven Cottage, he could be a very good acquisition, not least due to his passing ability, ranking in the 99th percentile for his pass-completion rate per 90 in the past year, when compared to players at a similar level.

The maestro already has a great deal of first-team experience for Fluminense, having made 142 appearances for the club, most often being utilised in a defensive role, and he has averaged the highest number of interceptions in the squad so far this season.

Hailed as a "leader" by football scout Jacek Kulig, Andre could make a positive influence for Fulham both on and off the pitch, and it is exciting news that they could beat some of Europe's top clubs to his signature.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-premier-league-andre-transfer-news-rumours-latest-updates/

WhiteJC

Benfica 'reject Fulham's £18m Morato offer'
Fulham have seen an £18m offer for Benfica central defender Morato rejected, according to reports from Portugal.

The Portuguese giants are holding out for a vast offer for the man they consider 'the future of the Eagles defence' according to O Jogo and believe themselves to be in a strong negotiating position as the 22 year-old is under contract for a further four years and has an £85.8m release clause.

The Portuguese newspaper claims that Fulham head coach Marco Silva is a big admirer of Morato, who won the Portuguese title last season and was named the Primeira Liga's defender of the month in August. O Jogo underlines that Silva 'appreciates' Morato's ability and he sees the Brazilian-born centre half as a ball-player who has all the credentials to succeed Tosin Adarabioyo at the heart of the defence. O Jogo's report doesn't disclose whether the Whites will return with an improved offer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/benfica-reject-fulhams-18m-morato-offer/

WhiteJC

Fulham now evaluating new bid for forward – Player has already agreed personal terms with club
Atlético Mineiro seem to have engaged in a serious chase for Fulham striker Rodrigo Muniz.

In the past few hours, a couple of Brazilian outlets have been claiming that the Galo are engaged in talks to get the centre-forward signed this summer.

The first to feature a report was Goal. They claimed there are ongoing negotiations between Atlético and Fulham for the transfer.

The Craven Cottage side reportedly demand around €4m for the sale, and would like to keep between 40% or 50% of a future transfer. Meanwhile, the Brazilian side are trying to 'improve the conditions', maybe giving the Whites an even bigger percentage.

Meanwhile, journalist Jorge Nicola writes on R7 that Atlético already have an agreement with Muniz. It's claimed there's a deal about his salary and contract length.

Regarding the talks with Fulham, the claims are similar. It's first said that the Whites first agreed to lower their €10m demands to €8m. The Galo tried to buy him by offering something way below that amount, but letting the Craven Cottage side keep 50% of a future move. That first offer was rejected.

Then Atlético made a new bid, and Fulham are still to respond to that.

It's claimed that even though Belgian side Genk are also interested in the player, he'd rather return to Brazil and play for Galo, since his family are 'fanatic supporters' of the club.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-evaluating-new-bid-forward-player-already-agreed-personal-terms-club/

WhiteJC

AS Monaco to hold talks with Fulham ace on Tottenham Hotspur's radar

AS Monaco set to hold talks with Fulham defender and Tottenham Hotspur target Tosin Adarabioyo

Tottenham Hotspur target and Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo is set to hold a discussion with AS Monaco regarding a move this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Spurs have the English national on their radar in the ongoing transfer window. However, the Ligue 1 outfit also have their eyes on him and are stepping up their pursuit to acquire the centre-back's services.

As things stand, the French giants are willing to part ways with Axel Disasi in the coming weeks. Premier League rivals Newcastle United are interested in the France international.

Fulham signed Adarabioyo in the summer of 2020 from Manchester City. Subsequently, he has been a key player for the Cottagers over the years. The 25-year-old put in some impressive displays in the Championship to help the London-based club gain promotion to the PL.

However, last season, the centre-back lost his place in the team at the Craven Cottage side. He was in and out of Marco Silva's team but cemented a place towards the end of the campaign.

Monaco want to bolster their backline and have had a few options on their radar. However, they deemed Armel Bella-Kotchap and Mohammed Salisu from Southampton too expensive.

At Tottenham, the defence was a major issue last season. Antonio Conte was unable to solidify the team and we were fragile. The North London side struggled to hold onto leads and keep clean sheets.

Eric Dier has been inconsistent for some time now at Tottenham. Ben Davies is not a natural defender. Clement Lenglet was a big part of our backline in the previous campaign but has returned to Barcelona. Davinson Sanchez's future is also uncertain.

https://tothelaneandback.com/2023/07/18/as-monaco-set-to-hold-talks-with-fulham-defender-and-tottenham-hotspur-target-tosin-adarabioyo/

WhiteJC

Carlton Palmer warns Fulham as they turn to Southampton to replace Aleksandar Mitrovic
Fulham are one of two Premier League teams to have recently enquired about the Southampton front man.

It is set to be and is already proving to be a testing summer for Southampton following their relegation from the Premier League, with several integral first-teamers being linked with moves away from St Mary's.

Speculation over the futures of the likes of Romeo Lavia and James Ward-Prowse, amongst others, has taken centre stage thus far, with new Saints boss Russell Martin eyeing up his own additions and potential replacements for those who are expected to move on for pastures news.

Given that the ultimate objective looking towards the 2023/24 Championship campaign will be an immediate return to the Premier League, Martin will be eager to keep a large part of the current squad together, although he will be aware that keeping certain players will prove too tough of an ask.

Subsequently, if the Saints are set to lose some players to the Premier League, the Hampshire club's boss will need to have ideal replacements in mind.

Which Southampton player is being considered by Fulham as an Aleksandar Mitrovic replacement?
According to the Sky Sports Transfer Centre (15:50 - 15/07), Fulham have made an enquiry regarding Southampton striker Che Adams, with the Cottagers considering the Scotland international as an Aleksandar Mitrovic replacement.

The prolific Serbian striker is close to completing a move to Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal, as detailed by a report from Football Insider.

The update from Sky Sports also revealed that Crystal Palace have enquired about Adams, whilst Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Burnley, and Everton have all been linked with a move for the striker, who Southampton value at around the £15 million mark.

What has pundit Carlton Palmer said about Fulham's interest in Southampton striker Che Adams?
Speaking to Football League World about Fulham's interest in the Southampton striker, and whether or not he could fill Mitrovic's boots, Carlton Palmer said: "Fulham are believed to have joined the race to sign Che Adams from Southampton.

"You know for me, I think he is an industrial, hard-working player, good, strong front-runner, but he won't be able to replace Mitro's goals.

"He will be a useful squad addition for Fulham. 123 appearances in the Premier League at Southampton and 24 goals, which is not a great return, one goal every five games.

"It's likely he will move on from the relegated Southampton, given he only has a year left on his contract and Crystal Palace are also monitoring the situation."

Should Fulham be considering Southampton striker Che Adams as an Aleksandar Mitrovic replacement?
Adams is a player of quality and is certainly someone who would improve the squad at Fulham, ahead of what could be a tougher Premier League campaign this time around for the London club.

The 27-year-old brings athleticism, desire in and out of possession and has a decent enough technical ability, whilst he is also at a very good age to go on and shine.

However, he is not a natural goalscorer and when looking to replace Mitrovic, goals are a vitally important factor in determining who would be deemed as a worthwhile replacement.

Adams has a lot of desirable qualities and has the ability to thrive at Fulham but he would not provide a solution to a potential shortage of goals at Craven Cottage, should Mitrovic go on to secure a move away.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pundit-provides-verdict-on-whether-or-not-southampton-man-would-be-a-suitable-mitrovic-replacement-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

'Mentioned to me': £17m Tottenham target could now end up at Fulham if Mitrovic goes – journalist
Tottenham may well be in the market for a new striker this summer and Mehdi Taremi is one option the north London club are looking at.

The £17m forward was linked to Tottenham as a potential replacement for Harry Kane last week, but, unfortunately, Spurs may not be the only Premier League side looking to replace their star striker in the coming weeks.

Indeed, according to Dean Jones, speaking on the Fulhamish Podcast, Fulham are also looking at Taremi just in case Aleksandar Mitrovic leaves Craven Cottage to join Al-Hilal.

Fulham in for Taremi
Jones shared what he knows about the Iranian forward.

"It's so disheartening, he clearly does want to go. I spoke to a guy who has covered Al-Hilal out there and stuff and I said it has to be upwards of £50m, and he didn't think they would go that high," Jones said.

"I want to be excited about this, if we are losing Mitro I want to be excited about what happens from there.

"Players often get what they want, I hope Mitro isn't going on strike to force this. Mehdi Taremi was one who was mentioned to me who we might look at, I don't mind that at all."

Tread carefully
Fulham need to tread carefully here.

Mitrovic's goals will need replacing if he heads to Saudi Arabia, and while Taremi has been scoring goals for fun in Portugal for a while now, the Portuguese League can be a funny one.

Let's not forget, Carlos Vinicius was once a Golden Boot winner over in Portugal and both Tottenham and Fulham know that he, quite simply, isn't that good at this level.

This would be a real gamble for Fulham.

https://tbrfootball.com/mentioned-to-me-17m-tottenham-target-could-now-end-up-at-fulham-if-mitrovic-goes-journalist/