watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Sitting on Razors Edge

Started by Allprocro, July 22, 2023, 02:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allprocro

If the Calvin Bassey deal happens that means Fulham has taken significant steps this offseason to secure the clubs future both short and medium term. This includes the signing of Willian to another year, a long term deal for Robinson, and the aforementioned deal with CB, CB.

While many of us are still reeling from the news that Mitro wants to leave, and most likely will leave, it is important to take stock of where we can still end up heading into the season.

Hate him, or love him a little more than last week, I believe Tony Khan is making a move to secure the long term success of the club. Good work has been done, but I believe we are two signings away from turning what could have been a devastatingly bad offseason to near perfect (or as close to perfect as you can get with the Mitro drama).

If we can secure a long term extension with Silva, and find a good replacement for Mitro, I would consider this offseason to be a massive win. Those are two big ifs, but if Tony can make it happen, I would celebrate him and this offseason.

filham

In view of the Saudi millions on offer to Mitro and Silva the retention of Mitro and Silva is looking all but impossible and the two are not going to be replaced at the drop of a hat or even before this window closes.

Looking as if we will go into the season manager less and striker less.

If our chairman can pull something out of the hat then he immediately becomes an all time favourite.

S.F.Sorrow

You must live in a parallel universe to mine because in MY universe we've had a disastrous transfer window so far. We've lost 6 players without replacing them, we haven't signed even a single new player, our squad is paper thin and unless we sign at least 6-7 quality players we look destined for a relegation fight.

There's still time of course.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on July 22, 2023, 02:17:04 PMIn view of the Saudi millions on offer to Mitro and Silva the retention of Mitro and Silva is looking all but impossible and the two are not going to be replaced at the drop of a hat or even before this window closes.

Looking as if we will go into the season manager less and striker less.

If our chairman can pull something out of the hat then he immediately becomes an all time favourite.

I think Boa could be a very capable replacement for Marco IF he gets the chance
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 22, 2023, 02:24:03 PMYou must live in a parallel universe to mine because in MY universe we've had a disastrous transfer window so far. We've lost 6 players without replacing them, we haven't signed even a single new player, our squad is paper thin and unless we sign at least 6-7 quality players we look destined for a relegation fight.

At the club's current 1 deal a week pace, they will be able to get in the 6 or 7 you mention.

7/10 - AR
7/17 - Willian
7/24 - Bassey
7/31 - LB
8/6 - CM
8/13 - RB
8/20 - LW
8/27 - RW
DD - ???

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 22, 2023, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 22, 2023, 02:24:03 PMYou must live in a parallel universe to mine because in MY universe we've had a disastrous transfer window so far. We've lost 6 players without replacing them, we haven't signed even a single new player, our squad is paper thin and unless we sign at least 6-7 quality players we look destined for a relegation fight.

At the club's current 1 deal a week pace, they will be able to get in the 6 or 7 you mention.

7/10 - AR
7/17 - Willian
7/24 - Bassey
7/31 - LB
8/6 - CM
8/13 - RB
8/20 - LW
8/27 - RW
DD - ???

The transfer window has been open for over 5 weeks and the deal for Bassey isn't completed.

Robinson's extension and re-signing Willian was great news but it doesn't change the fact that compared to last season we have 0 players in and 6 players out (and that doesn't even include Mitro+Tosin).

Hardly '1 deal a week'... At least not the way I see it.

The squad looks alarmingly thin.

Allprocro

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 22, 2023, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 22, 2023, 02:38:03 PM

7/10 - AR
7/17 - Willian
7/24 - Bassey
7/31 - LB
8/6 - CM
8/13 - RB
8/20 - LW
8/27 - RW
DD - ???

The transfer window has been open for over 5 weeks and the deal for Bassey isn't completed.

Robinson's extension and re-signing Willian was great news but it doesn't change the fact that compared to last season we have 0 players in and 6 players out (and that doesn't even include Mitro+Tosin).

Hardly '1 deal a week'... At least not the way I see it.

The squad looks alarmingly thin.

I'm not worried halfway into the window we haven't signed a bunch of bench warmers or loan bait. What a grim universe you live in.

General

Quote from: Allprocro on July 22, 2023, 02:01:11 PMIf the Calvin Bassey deal happens that means Fulham has taken significant steps this offseason to secure the clubs future both short and medium term. This includes the signing of Willian to another year, a long term deal for Robinson, and the aforementioned deal with CB, CB.

While many of us are still reeling from the news that Mitro wants to leave, and most likely will leave, it is important to take stock of where we can still end up heading into the season.

Hate him, or love him a little more than last week, I believe Tony Khan is making a move to secure the long term success of the club. Good work has been done, but I believe we are two signings away from turning what could have been a devastatingly bad offseason to near perfect (or as close to perfect as you can get with the Mitro drama).

If we can secure a long term extension with Silva, and find a good replacement for Mitro, I would consider this offseason to be a massive win. Those are two big ifs, but if Tony can make it happen, I would celebrate him and this offseason.

I'm genuinely so curious now to see what happens with mitro. Whilst his official Instagram account was shown to like pictures of him in an Al alhi shirt I don't think it is that straightforward. Fundamentally we don't know anything and the dynamics of how much he wants to go vs is happy to stay at fulham if a deal can't be reached. I'd happily keep him at fulham, but if we get £50m and a great striker comes in for less and who's younger then..

Personally I enjoy having mitro with us and hope he stays, even if it does seem he favours a move away.

Allprocro

Quote from: General on July 22, 2023, 03:22:38 PM
Quote from: Allprocro on July 22, 2023, 02:01:11 PMIf the Calvin Bassey deal happens that means Fulham has taken significant steps this offseason to secure the clubs future both short and medium term. This includes the signing of Willian to another year, a long term deal for Robinson, and the aforementioned deal with CB, CB.

I'm genuinely so curious now to see what happens with mitro. Whilst his official Instagram account was shown to like pictures of him in an Al alhi shirt I don't think it is that straightforward. Fundamentally we don't know anything and the dynamics of how much he wants to go vs is happy to stay at fulham if a deal can't be reached. I'd happily keep him at fulham, but if we get £50m and a great striker comes in for less and who's younger then..

Personally I enjoy having mitro with us and hope he stays, even if it does seem he favours a move away.

I agree with this sentiment. He has shown himself to be very petulant at times, which certainly supports the idea that he is unpredictable. The moment he knows a deal can't happen we could 180 into full Fulham mode, and have another fantastic season.

I think he would be foolish to do anything that would danger the chances of another offer happening again. If he stays and has another great season with us, there is no reason to think he would not get a similar offer from a team in the Saudi league with PIF backing.

Lots of curiosity like you said.

General

Quote from: Allprocro on July 22, 2023, 03:27:46 PM
Quote from: General on July 22, 2023, 03:22:38 PM

I agree with this sentiment. He has shown himself to be very petulant at times, which certainly supports the idea that he is unpredictable. The moment he knows a deal can't happen we could 180 into full Fulham mode, and have another fantastic season.

I think he would be foolish to do anything that would danger the chances of another offer happening again. If he stays and has another great season with us, there is no reason to think he would not get a similar offer from a team in the Saudi league with PIF backing.

Lots of curiosity like you said.

There were a few articles in the news about him being spotted running on the side but right next to where the squad were doing drills in training videos, so it does seem like he's being kept within close proximity of the rest of the players. To me, though I obviously don't know a huge amount of goings on, it'd suggest he's still being kept close and involved in some ways.. so it can't be as bad as some of the press have implied.